Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: How many wins will the Texans get in 2007?
Four or Less 5 3.07%
Five 1 0.61%
Six 7 4.29%
Seven 18 11.04%
Eight 53 32.52%
Nine 50 30.67%
Ten 18 11.04%
Eleven 3 1.84%
Twelve or More 8 4.91%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2007   #1
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2007 Texans Schedule and Predictions (Part 2)!

Our Houston Texans 2007 Schedule (not in correct order, obviously)

Home Games:

Colts
Jags
Titans
Saints
Bucs
Broncos
Chiefs

Away Games:

Colts
Jags
Titans
Panthers
Falcons
Chargers
Raiders

The other 2 games (one of which will be a home game) will be against the Fins and the Browns.

So tell me what your predictions are. If you remember, I did the same poll midway through the season, and I am making a complete chart of the MB predictions for next year. By the start of next season I will have an in-depth analysis of the Texans MB's view on the schedule and our chances for 2007.

My Prediction: 9-7

Old 01-04-2007   #2
Beer and Metal
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20683 Beer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2007 Texans Schedule and Predictions (Part 2)!

I'm thinking we're about six players away from .500.
With the draft and FA, I think we can do that or better.

I'm gonna agree with you: 9-7
Beer and Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #3
5stringJeff
Rookie

I erred on the side of marking losses in games I think will be close.

Home Games:

Colts - L
Jags - W
Titans - W
Saints - W
Bucs - W
Broncos - L
Chiefs - L

Away Games:

Colts - L
Jags - L
Titans - W
Panthers - L
Falcons - L
Chargers - L
Raiders - W

Fins (probably in Houston) - L
Browns (probably in Cleveland) - W

My slightly pessimistic prediction: 7-9. However, I think we could reasonably beat Miami, Atlanta, and Indy (once). So optimistically I think we could be as good as 10-6. I did vote for seven wins, though.
5stringJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #4
moses77550
Rookie

Home Games:

Colts-L
Jags- W
Titans-W
Saints-W
Bucs-W
Broncos-W
Chiefs-L

Away Games:

Colts-W
Jags-L
Titans-L
Panthers-L
Falcons-W
Chargers-L
Raiders-W
Cleveland-w
Fins- w

The other 2 games (one of which will be a home game) will be against the Fins and the Browns.

10-6........I strongly feel we can do this...
moses77550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #5
OrangeCountyTexansFan
Veteran

I say 8-8.
Old 01-04-2007   #6
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Home Games:

Colts W
Jags W
Titans W
Saints L
Bucs W
Broncos W
Chiefs L
Dolphins W

Away Games:

Colts L
Jags L
Titans L
Panthers W
Falcons W
Chargers L
Raiders W
Browns W

I see 8-8, but after looking at what I picked I said 10-6. I'd be surprised if we were that good (not to be pessimistic or anything). 8-8, I'd be happy with that. And, unlike in years past, I think we can win all of these games.
Old 01-04-2007   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going with 9-7, based upon hope.
Old 01-04-2007   #8
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I'm not trying to predict anything until around preseason but based on what I expected from Kubiak when we brought him in - 6-10 first season, 8-8 second season, playoffs third season - I feel like we are right on track.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I put 8-8. The schedule on paper looks easier than last year, but that could obviously change. I think we could go 9-7, maybe even 10-6, but I think 8-8 is probably more reasonable. Depending on who the QB is and what other changes we make in the offseason, we could be contending for a playoff spot next year.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #10
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

I will say 7 wins. Its time I am PLEASANTLY surprised with more rather than less.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #11
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer
Default 10-6

I say 10-6 with no good reason.
Most teams in the NFL these days take a radical jump at some point. We are due for that.
We are due.
Old 01-04-2007   #12
old football fan
Veteran

With the team we have right now I'd say 8-8. Will have to see what they add with the draft and FA"s
old football fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #13
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well mostly everyone seems to foresee us getting our first winning season or 8-8 next year. I voted 7-9 for the 2006 season, so I was one win off. I seriously believe we can grab the 9-7 next year, but if not hopefully we can get the tie at 8 wins!

Old 01-04-2007   #14
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

i will say 10-6
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I said 10-6. I don't care about the schedule. At this point, we don't know who's going to be good or who's going to be bad.

But this past year, we were competitive in most of our games and we won some ugly games. I think we're going to improve on both sides of the ball. I expect another good draft from Kubiak & Co. I expect them to be active in free agency and pick up a few good players. I expect EVERY position to be thrown open to competition this year. So, I expect us to be winners next year.

So, let's go 10-6.

At least, until we get a better idea of which teams are going to get better and which teams are going to get worse.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #16
Texizgreat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Texizgreat Send a message via Yahoo to Texizgreat

I will go with 8-8 till they finally hit it.
Texizgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #17
Bronco Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 29 Bronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Bronco Texan Send a message via Yahoo to Bronco Texan

I voted 10-6. Not as of what I think we will do. I don't have a clue what we will do, but I think we have the potential to squeak out a 10-6 season next year. I think the main reason will be our defense. I think our defense will surprise alot of people next year. I do think we will need a pretty decent running game to cover up for our QB situation next year, whatever that maybe. That being said I think we are a Peterson/Lynch or Alex Gibbs away from being a top running team. Now if we can get both a Peterson/Lynch and Gibbs(even for a part time gig) I think we will have a winning season no doubt.

I think our division is very winnable next year. I think the Jags are the new gate keepers to the AFC South cellar. Also there are already rumors starting up that the Colts maybe revamping their FO/coaching staff if they have another early exit from the playoffs this year. That being said I think it is the Titans/Texans turn on top of the South. Believe it or not I think our two franchises have the most stability to them now. So hopefully this time next year we are talking about how we beat out the Titans for the division.
Bronco Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #18
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

You people are dilusional.

Home Games:

Colts-L (The title was christmas miracle. No way we beat them next year)
Jags- W (We play them well)
Titans-W (We'll split)
Saints-L (Much better team than we are, may b superbowl bound)
Bucs-W (Problems)
Broncos-L (Cutler will be good next year, definite loss)
Chiefs-L (Can't handle their O)

Away Games:

Colts-L (Colts away = loss)
Jags-L (I bet we split this time)
Titans-L (We'll split ehre again)
Panthers-L (Better team than us)
Falcons-L (They'll be good w/new coach)
Chargers-L (Best team in NFL, guaranteed L)
Raiders-W (Worst team in NFL, guaranteed W)
Cleveland-w (See above)
Fins- w (Who knows, but their D is OLD)

6-10 again
Old 01-05-2007   #19
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

I think you're overvaluating the tallent on this football team once again. Third year in a row. At least you're persistant.

6-10...if we're lucky and hit a few picks this year.
Old 01-05-2007   #20
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

7-9. I feel in reality this season we were probably a 4-12 to 5-11 team that got extremely lucky to win when it did. I think next season we will be a legit 6-10 to 7-9 team. We are one more season away from .500 i think.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read