Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-04-2007   #1
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2007 Member Mock Draft

okay folks, let's see if we can get enough participation for this.

basically, we need 31 participants. each member will select a team to draft for. we will use the current draft order and actually start a draft, starting with the Oakland Raiders, all the way to the San Diego Chargers. the Seahawks don't have a first round pick, so we'll exclude them for now. if everything goes through as planned, maybe we can go to the 2nd round, why not? we could probably do this several times leading up to the draft, too. it'll be FUN!

since it'll take some time to get everyone to pick their team, and at the risk of some people just not being around for when their team picks, i'll give each pick a 12-hour window. after that, i'll just make the pick, and if i'm not around....uh...someone else will. okay, so here's the teams. naturally, i'm picking the dolphins

1. Oakland - Heywood - JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU
2. Detroit - mexican_texan - Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech
3. Cleveland - beerlover - Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma
4. Tampa Bay - Honoring Earl 34 - Joe Thomas, T, Wisconsin
5. Arizona - Hoth-Boy - Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson
6. Washington - Battle Red Flash - Alan Branch, DT, Michigan
7. Minnesota - htownfoozball - Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC
8. Houston - xtruroyaltyx - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
9. Miami - kastofsna - Ted Ginn, Jr, WR, Ohio State
10. Atlanta - Texian - Reggie Nelson, S, Florida
11. San Francisco - jjcorvallis - LaRon Landry, S, LSU
12. Buffalo - threetoedpete - Leon Hall, CB, Michigan
13. St. Louis - Bubbajwp - Patrick Willis, LB, Ole Miss
14. Carolina - LORK 88 - Paul Posluzny, LB, PSU
15. Pittsburgh - HomeBred_Texan - Marshawn Lynch, RB, Cal
16. Green Bay - TexanFan881 - Michael Bush, RB, Louisville
17. Jacksonville - TEXANS84 - Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh
18. Cincinnati - Texan in Japan
19. Tennessee - Wharton
20. New York Giants - K.D.
21. Denver - Battle Red Bull
22. New England - WildBlackBear32
23. Dallas - OSQ
24. Kansas City - Dunta_23
25. New Orleans - thunderkyss
26. New York Jet - kiwitexansfan
27. Philadelphia - Eyeguy
28. New England - WildBlackBear32
29. Indianapolis - DenverBorn
30. Baltimore - STEEL BLUE TEXANS
31. Chicago - awtysst
32. San Diego - SLO Texan

i'll edit this and add names to those who pick teams. also, if it winds up being necessary, we may have to give people multiple teams. anyway, let's see how this turns out.

Last edited by kastofsna; 01-05-2007 at 08:44 AM.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47761 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2007 Member Mock Draft

I'm in. take the Browns

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #3
real

I take the Texans
Old 01-04-2007   #4
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

I'll take Carolina, my 2nd favorite team.
Old 01-04-2007   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take Tampa Bay .
Old 01-04-2007   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I shall take the Lions.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #7
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

If this takes place before Jan 15th, I'll take the Patriots.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2007   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlackBear32 View Post
If this takes place before Jan 15th, I'll take the Patriots.
well there's no guarantee how long it'll take. maybe you should take a team that picks lower.
Old 01-04-2007   #9
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

By takes place, I mean starts. My mistake. As long as it gets rolling by Jan 15th, I shouldnt have a problem making the picks.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #10
Heywood
Veteran

i'll do oakland- i know them pretty well.
Heywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood View Post
i'll do oakland- i know them pretty well.
just remember, you could be on the clock soon.
Old 01-04-2007   #12
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm game, as always, and I'll take Arizona.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #13
Heywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
just remember, you could be on the clock soon.
the first 5 picks of this draft are absolute stone-cold locks, presuming russell comes out.
Old 01-04-2007   #14
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Im in, I'll take Atlanta.
Old 01-04-2007   #15
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Since it may be a hard sell to someone, I'll take Tennesse this round.

If we do multiple 1st round drafts, I'd like to switch each draft.

At the very least, it'll give me an opportunity to size up the competition.

I think we should make a rule though. When you pick, you must explain why you think your team should take a particular player. The explanation doesn't have to be big, just informative.

For instance, Lets say the first pick is Adrian Peterson, reason, Raider's were the 4th worst running offense in 2006, Peterson is the best running back in the draft.

Just keep it simple.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #16
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

BTW kastofsna, if there are any letover teams at the end, I'll take some extras if its cool. Ive been doing mocks for afew years now so it wouldnt be a problem.
Old 01-04-2007   #17
htownfoozball
Veteran

ill take minny
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #18
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

i'll take the Skins
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #19
Heywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharton View Post
Since it may be a hard sell to someone, I'll take Tennesse this round.

If we do multiple 1st round drafts, I'd like to switch each draft.

At the very least, it'll give me an opportunity to size up the competition.

I think we should make a rule though. When you pick, you must explain why you think your team should take a particular player. The explanation doesn't have to be big, just informative.

For instance, Lets say the first pick is Adrian Peterson, reason, Raider's were the 4th worst running offense in 2006, Peterson is the best running back in the draft.

Just keep it simple.

thanks, but we'll take OL in round 2 and perhaps 3 as well. our RBs are way above-average. we need OL, QB and a WR.
Old 01-04-2007   #20
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I take the Texans
Please don't draft a QB in the first....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read