Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2004   #41
georgewashington
Veteran

i said they could work him in some as a DE, but also that being a rookie it is not smart to let all the lumps be made on the field. my point is that peek isnt going to progress without any chances in the game. the problem is that money decides who gets a chance to grow more quickly. And what i really find a problem with is the lack of subs in the linebackers. Every team rotates their players to get rest, especially when in the first half the defense was in 20 out of 30 mins. Why not let peek give babin a break, give wong a break. why not let wong move to the middle to give foreman a break. Thats the point of having some depth. All preseason there was talk about some depth at OLB and Wong's versatility. They need to use it. How come teams like the Seahawks rotate 8 defensive lineman? because it keeps them fresh and makes the team better. The texans need to learn from that and realize that even if peek and babin are still learning, they can rotate some and it will make the team and those individuals better in the short term and long term
georgewashington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004   #42
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

defensive linemen need breaks cause they are 300lbs of duncan donuts and twinkies.

LBs.. are supposed to be fit and capable of playing all day.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004   #43
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

I am hoping to see Babin and Peek as our starting OLBs next season.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004   #44
Mistril48
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Many did not have him that high, but then again some did...
... and of course, it only takes one team to draft a player ahead of you, not every team.

Quote:
Prior to the season, I wanted Wong to take Foreman's spot inside at some point and put Peek at ROLB. Problem is Foreman has stepped up his game quite a bit this year.
I look at it like Babin is doing well and having him at LOLB has allowed Wong to play ROLB and I believe he is playing better at ROLB than he did at LOLB. In this way, you can look at the Babin pick as a 2 for 1, in the same way Dunte Robinson was a 2 for 1 (Coleman could move to FS).

In regards to Peek, I like our situation this year. I believe that that the Texans feel they have 4 plus 1 spare and that Peek will start as soon as 1 of the 4 gets hurt (hopefully doesn't). In the meantime, he can be a rush end and get experience.

Quote:
By the way, was it just me or did Babin get completely raped by the refs not calling holding on the 1st Moss TD?
It's was a really bad no call, but so was the hit on Carr's head by Steve Martin. How tough is it for a ref to figure out that you have to pay attention to former players hitting the QB in the head. The worst call, though, was the phantom holding call on Chester Pitts in overtime after the nice change of pace run by Davis, IMO.
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004   #45
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgewashington
exactly, it took suggs time just like it will babin. not many rookies should be playing every snap, there is more to learning than taking lumps. and once again he is allowed to take his lumps on the field while peek is taking lumps on the sideline. give the kid a shot sometime, taking lumps on or off the field is all about the money
No, its all about experience, and coming off a 5 win season. We aren't going anywhere this year realistically, so we are giving him snaps to learn his position just like we have done with Carr. This is all about experience, not money. We will push hard for the playoffs next season and Babin will have an entire year of seasoning and film to study in the offseason.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004   #46
SESupergenius

Babin is also doing very well when compare him to other guys that were rookie LBs in the 3-4. I dare you you to find many that were doing better than he is right now being a rookie learning a new position in a different scheme than he's played with. I double dog dare ya!

Look Babin will be fine, no need to rush us ahead to the playoffs this year. With the number of setbacks this team has had we are only starting to gel and become a team.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read