Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who was the Houston Texans 2006 M.V.P?
WR, Andre Johnson: 1,147 receiving yards & 5 TD's 11 11.34%
RB, Ron Dayne: 612 rushing yards & 5 TD's 0 0%
LB, DeMeco Ryans: 125 tackles & 3.5 sacks 85 87.63%
LB, Morlon Greenwood: 83 tackles & 3 fumble recoveries 0 0%
CB, Dunta Robinson: 69 tackles & 1 interception 1 1.03%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2007   #1
TexansAllTheWayBaby
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 TexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro BowlerTexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via AIM to TexansAllTheWayBaby
Default Weekly Poll: Houston Texans 2006 Season MVP

Please submit your vote for the Houston Texans 2006 season Most Valuable Player. The winner will be announced next Monday, January 8th.

Please only vote once. If you choose, you may post a written reply stating why you chose a particular player. This will not play any role in determing the winner however.

The player recieving the highest number of votes by Monday will be the 2006 Fan's Choice for Houston Texans Most Valuable Player.

Let the voting begin.
Old 01-04-2007   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Weekly Poll: Houston Texans 2006 Season MVP

Why don't we just say it's D-Ryans and be done with it. He's really the only logical choice.
Old 01-04-2007   #3
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I see Carr isn't an option.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #4
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Why don't we just say it's D-Ryans and be done with it. He's really the only logical choice.
Yeah, I say that is pretty much right on target.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #5
5stringJeff
Rookie

DeMeco all the way.
5stringJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Wow, no one has voted for AJ. I voted for Demeco because his stats were more relevant in terms of actually improving the defense. That unit showed improvement over the course of the season, while the offense did not. I'm not laying that at the feet of AJ, but it is what it is.
Old 01-04-2007   #7
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Since P-buc were not on the list, I had to choose Demeco... not happy about it though!
Old 01-04-2007   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Since P-buc were not on the list, I had to choose Demeco... not happy about it though!
NICE!!!

I went with AJ considering he put up those numbers in an anemic offense AND got the nod to the pro-bowl. It was hard though, I found myself debating between he and 'Meco - of course.
Old 01-04-2007   #9
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 876 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Wow, no one has voted for AJ. I voted for Demeco because his stats were more relevant in terms of actually improving the defense. That unit showed improvement over the course of the season, while the offense did not. I'm not laying that at the feet of AJ, but it is what it is.
I agree 100%. You heard comments from the defensive unit about D-Ryans maturity and leadership and I think he had a direct impact with the way the defense responded to their poor start. AJ is damn good but WR is a harder position to show leadership in. MLB is designed to showcase a leaders abilities.
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #10
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasn't Andre team MVP?
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #11
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Congratulations Demico, you’re the first player I've voted to be the Texans MVP. I voted for the Cheerleaders in previous years.

I'll have to admit, the Cheeleaders are still in second.

AJ would be second, but he catches the ball with his chest too much, hence drops.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #12
cadahnic
All Pro

FYI Dunta Robinson had 2 INTs this season, the one against the Bills that he ran back for a TD and the one at the end of the game against the Jaguars in the end zone. That said, if our team deserves to have an MVP after the way they played it has to be Demeco.
Old 01-04-2007   #13
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

D-ROY, hands down.
Old 01-04-2007   #14
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

offensive MVP - Andre1000
defensive MVP - Meco

Overall MVP - Meco
Old 01-04-2007   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

thats a toughy.. lol. if demeco wasnt so dawgone good. i'd say owen daniels wins the first half of the season offensive mvp>?

Defense- i voted for demeco but don't really know why, i guess he's an okay player....for a rookie. jk
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #16
A Texan
Veteran

It's probably not fair of me, but the first thing that pops into my mind when I think of Andre now is that nice pass from Sage that he let bounce off of him and be intercepted in that Titans game. I did vote for Demeco, but I sure hope we have Andre for a long time.
A Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #17
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

I love Andre, but he fell off at the end of the year again. The defense was better than the O, and Demeco Ryans was the best defender.
Old 01-04-2007   #18
FLYmeatwad
Rookie

I picked Meco, though Andre was a close second, and surprisingly I almost considered putting Dayne ahead of AJ. Dayne was certainly my comback player and the biggest surprise ont he team, but not MVP worthy. He did help give us something resembling a running game though, and was the offensive factor in that Colts win. But Meco is the obvious choice.
FLYmeatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #19
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

DeMeco.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #20
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Flash View Post
I love Andre, but he fell off at the end of the year again. The defense was better than the O, and Demeco Ryans was the best defender.
I don't think Carr gave him the ball as much but thats just my opinion.The MVP is obviously Ryans or Andre.Probably Demeco...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read