Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2007   #1
Spider_20
Rookie

Post Houston's First two rounds

Who do u think the texans first 2 picks will be in this years draft

1st rd.-Adrian Peterson or Trade down and get marshawn lynch
both are great running backs who should be the starter in 2008 or halfway through the 2007 season
2nd rd.-Kevin Kolb hopefully still there great quarterback with lots of potential. sign a veteran quaterback who's like him Jeff Garcia maybe and then see what happens in 2008
Spider_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #2
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881
Default Re: Houston's First two rounds

Before seeing what we are going to do in free agency, I think there's a good shot we take Landry in the first round. I would like to see us trade down and get more picks but that will be hard to do because finding a trading partner isn't easy. In the second round I'm hoping we can get Rufus Alexander or Posluzsny, one of them and DeMeco could really shape up a great defense.

Last edited by TexanFan881; 01-03-2007 at 08:40 PM.
TexanFan881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #3
Sportsfan
All Pro

I'm going to go ahead and say they will not draft a running back in the first 3 rounds. Need to draft an O-lineman, D-lineman, and Saftey (possibly substitue one of those for a QB like maybe Kolb or Smith, depending on free agency and Carr's fate of course).
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #4
coachdent
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 coachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to coachdent

Kolb will be there in the third round.

After watching DeMarcus Russell tonight, I can tell you that he would look nice in Houston. He is a very nice quarterback. He is a junior so hopefully he will only come out if he comes to Houston!
Old 01-03-2007   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm worried about his arm strength .
Old 01-03-2007   #6
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachdent View Post
Kolb will be there in the third round.

After watching DeMarcus Russell tonight, I can tell you that he would look nice in Houston. He is a very nice quarterback. He is a junior so hopefully he will only come out if he comes to Houston!
Strange how many times I've seen people mistake his name for DeMarcus. It's actually JaMarcus. I think he's a fantastic prospect and, in fact, I've read where some scouts believe he could be taken ahead of Brady Quinn if he comes out. But he's not terribly mobile so I don't see him being a rollout QB like the WCO uses. He's more of a pure pocket passer...
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #7
coachdent
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 coachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to coachdent

His arm strength is very good. Stronger than VY to be sure. Throws a very nice ball.

Has been a little mechanical at times with some of the no read balls. These are passes where he is just turning and throwing. Almost had the bubble screen picked off because he was not quick. But he is one talented guy. I liek him a lot.
Old 01-03-2007   #8
K.D.
Veteran

We are not drafting a rb in the 1st or 2nd. First round will be OL (Thomas if available). If not most certainly going to be safety or defensive tackle or cornerback, my bet is free safety. 2nd round i could see us going cb,lb,dt,ol whichever one is best available player. 3rd i really think we could get Kolb at this pick.
Just a note to all the Russell fans, including myself, he will be gone by pick #8. He will be the first qb taken and i wouldn't be suprised to see Quinn still on the board at our #8 pick and i don't think we should even bother with him. With the state of our o-line, he would be another clone of Carr.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #9
IshouldbeGM
Rookie

best available player in both rounds. we have too many holes to fill to pick for need. however, in my opinion, id take landry then corner in 2nd
IshouldbeGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #10
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Joe Thomas will not be available at # 8.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

If Russell , Brohm , and Brennen stay in school ... then in 2008 those three QBs along with Mcfadden , Slaton , and Charles make a pretty stout QB and RB class . Then add OT's Long , Baker , and Gaither makes 2008 the year to get a offensive gem .
Old 01-03-2007   #12
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider_20 View Post
Who do u think the texans first 2 picks will be in this years draft

1st rd.-Adrian Peterson or Trade down and get marshawn lynch
both are great running backs who should be the starter in 2008 or halfway through the 2007 season
2nd rd.-Kevin Kolb hopefully still there great quarterback with lots of potential. sign a veteran quaterback who's like him Jeff Garcia maybe and then see what happens in 2008
Typically, if Kubiak/Smith follows what has been done while he was in Denver in the past, he tries to get playmaking defensive guys in early rounds, and system offensive guys in later rounds. Once in a while, Denver will reach up for a need or for a player (Cutler, Portis), but more often than not they have drafted defense first.

Lots of needs all over the team, both in flashy and non-flashy positions. Maybe Detroit will draft another wide receiver and we will draft another defensive lineman in the first round.
Old 01-03-2007   #13
baba ganoush
Veteran

with high hopes of getting nate clements and eric steinbach via free agency...

the first round will be laron landry or alan branch if he declares and falls that far...

the second round would be lawrence timmons or earl everett, which ever one of them that is left on the bard they should most likely pick...

third should be kolb, i honestly think he should be the bpa at that point, and he has a chance of becoming an oustanding qb in the nfl...

in the fourth, we should take a defensive lineman the best one left on the board

in the fifth, go for a running back, darius walker should still be there and he would be a hidden talent that would run well in kubes system...

in the sixth, try marcus bacon, an outside linebacker or saftey that can hit, see if he can make the team...

in the sventh go for the best punter or kicker left in the draft...
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #14
GoTexans
Rookie

1st Round LaRon Landry, DB, LSU
2nd Round JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU
3rd Round (OL or OLB)
4th Round (OLB or OL)
Old 01-03-2007   #15
jbh1970
Rookie

Russell has out played Quinn tonight. He should come out. I do not think he will be there at the 8th spot if he did. But, who knows! After five years I have no freakin idea who in the he!! we take......It all depends on the juniors if they declare.

Games on won in the trenches! After Spener's knee problem, what do they do? High profile position or linemen? Man, it's going to be intresting off-season!
jbh1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #16
Zac
Rookie

I say this:

1st round Left Tackle (Joe Thomas)!! The ideal pick

If he isn't there look to trade for more picks.

If nothing turns out, then evaluate what is more in need Defensive Line, Corner back, free saftey, or running back. There will be a good player there to take!!!

But, I first want to see what the Texans do in Free Agency. It appears that there are some good talent evaluators working for the Texans.
Zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #17
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I don't know why people say we won't pick a RB in the first round. We tried to trade back into the first round to get a RB last year. We had a very inconsistent running game this year and will lose Domanick Davis/Williams.

We are going to draft either Adrian Peterson or Marshawn Lynch with the first pick. Joe Thomas will be gone, Gaines Adam will be gone, Calvin Johnson will be gone, JaMarcus Russell will be gone, Brady Quinn will be gone, and LaRon Landry didn't look like a top 10 pick tonight.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
I don't know why people say we won't pick a RB in the first round.
Just because Kubiak came from Denver and Denver has had such success drafting running backs in later rounds doesn't mean that we won't take a running back in the first round if it's the right guy. If we really were trying to trade up to get DeAngelo Williams... then that's proof enough right there. (Thank god we didn't, though.)

With Kubiak's comments about playmakers, I won't be surprised if he goes offense this draft. (Although I'd be really happy with a defensive oriented draft if it builds a really stingy defense.)

I'm interested in reading what people think at this point about which guys are prospects and where they should go, I don't follow much college ball. But I really think it's way to early to start getting fixated on anyone. There's a long way to go before teams are going to be deciding what they need and who they want to fill it. We've still got some free agency and the combines and workouts and we still don't know all the players that are even going to declare.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #19
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
I don't know why people say we won't pick a RB in the first round. We tried to trade back into the first round to get a RB last year. We had a very inconsistent running game this year and will lose Domanick Davis/Williams.

We are going to draft either Adrian Peterson or Marshawn Lynch with the first pick. Joe Thomas will be gone, Gaines Adam will be gone, Calvin Johnson will be gone, JaMarcus Russell will be gone, Brady Quinn will be gone, and LaRon Landry didn't look like a top 10 pick tonight.
that seems pretty accurate to me

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #20
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Landry would be a nice pick. Aaron Ross, too. The defensive secondary is, IMO, the weakest section of the team. Having Ross opposite Dunta or Landry in the backfield would give a much needed boost to the defense.

Assuming Carr is asking for a line that can protect, I wonder if Kubes won't answer in the second round with a center. Neither Flanagan nor Hodgdon has shown themselves to be the answer, and McKinney cannot play center forever.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read