Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-03-2007   #1
baba ganoush
Veteran

Default what would you do with 4 first round picks (just for fun)

okay..you have the 1st, 10th, 20th and 32nd...which players would you choose?

1 - Joe Thomas - we need somebody to help solidify the offensive line for years to come...

10 - LaRon Landry - easily the best saftey in the draft, and will be great for years to come...

20 - Paul Posluszny - demeco needs some help and posluszny would be an upgrade at outside linebacker

32 - Troy Smith - we need somebody for the future and this kid knows how to win!

who would you choose if you had these 4 draft pics? I know this will like never happen, the teams entire cap would be in thier draft!
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #2
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Default Re: what would you do with 4 first round picks (just for fun)

1 - Calvin Johnson
10 - Marshawn Lynch
20 - Amobi Okoye
32 - Levi Brown
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #3
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink Re: what would you do with 4 first round picks (just for fun)

1 Joe Thomas OLT Wis.
10 Leron Landry FS LSU
20 Amobi Okoye DT Louisville
32 Brandon Siler LB Florida

Sadly this is not happening for us. Cause we need almost everyone of these guys.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #4
cadahnic
All Pro

1) Calvin Johnson/Adrian Peterson (haven't entirely made up my mind yet, Peterson is a bigger need, CJ may be a better prospect, leaning towards AP)
10) LaRon Landry
20) Amobi Okoye
32) Rufus Alexander

Unfortunately this would be difficult to fit under the salary cap, much less the rookie pool, not to mention to problem of acquiring these picks in the first place.
Old 01-03-2007   #5
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Joe Thomas
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Marshawn Lynch
4. Reggie Nelson

Or Maybe

1. Joe Thomas
2. Marshawn Lynch
3. Alan Branch
4. Reggie nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #6
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
1. Joe Thomas
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Marshawn Lynch
4. Reggie Nelson

Or Maybe

1. Joe Thomas
2. Marshawn Lynch
3. Alan Branch
4. Reggie nelson
Ill eat my shoe if Calvin Johnson drops to #10.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #7
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlackBear32 View Post
Ill eat my shoe if Calvin Johnson drops to #10.
Other then the first pick, I think you can make that bet on any of his other picks.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-03-2007   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Joe Thomas
10. Darrell Revis
20. Laron Landry
32. Okoye
Old 01-03-2007   #9
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Joe Thomas to solidify the o-line.

Alan Branch to collapse the pocket and get more sacks for the DE's.

Laron Landry to take the deep ball away.

Adrian Peterson to give the ground game a huge boost.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Brian Brohm/JaMarcus Russell which ever declares - #1 need QB

10. Reggie Nelson FS

20. Levi Brown OT

32. Rufus Alexander OLB

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #11
htownfoozball
Veteran

1 Joe Thomas OT

10 Darrelle Revis CB

20 Glenn Dorsey DT

32 Brandon Meriweather FS
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #12
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Joe Thomas
2. Darrel Revis
3. Reggie Nelson
4. H.B. Blades
Old 01-03-2007   #13
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Joe Thomas, Antoine Cason, Reggie Nelson, and JaMarcus Russel
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #14
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post

I will be very happy with any of these guys! I will add Gaines or Nelson! Make it so Mr. Smith/Kubiak.................please!
Old 01-03-2007   #15
cadahnic
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post

That's the problem, Alan Branch doesn't collapse the pocket. I'd much rather have Amobi Okoye for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
1. Brian Brohm/JaMarcus Russell which ever declares - #1 need QB

10. Reggie Nelson FS

20. Levi Brown OT

32. Rufus Alexander OLB
I disagree on QB being the #1 need and I don't think Levi Brown fits our system well at all. I'd also prefer Landry or even Griffin to Nelson, but him and Rufus would be nice.
Old 01-03-2007   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadahnic View Post
That's the problem, Alan Branch doesn't collapse the pocket. I'd much rather have Amobi Okoye for that.

I disagree on QB being the #1 need and I don't think Levi Brown fits our system well at all. I'd also prefer Landry or even Griffin to Nelson, but him and Rufus would be nice.
I really wish it wasn't but it is & has been the most glaring need (if only they would have seen this last offseason before the draft) :brickwall

fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read