Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-03-2007   #1
SLO Texan
Veteran

Default Post Your Crazy Draft Scenarios Here!!!

Ok, so I'm a little bored and started day dreaming about a pretty COOL, but far fetched draft scenario for our Texans. So, just keep this in mind as you read...

So...with the 8th overall pick the Houston Texans trade back with the (insert team) for their 2nd rd pick and give TJ/Babin/Peek (whomever they like best) .

-Then we take Landry/Nelson, whoever falls to us in the 1st round....

-Use our 2nd rounder and get Okoye...

-Use the 2nd rounder we aquired to get Rufus Alexander....

-And then get K.Kolb in the 3rd round...

That would give us a bad a** D for years to come .....p.s.-we signed Clemments too...

Plus it would keep a contingent of fans happy to see us get a hometown boy to challenge Carr at QB....

Oh, but this DEFENSE
................(FS)Landry/Nelson..............(SS)Earl..........
............(WLB)Greenwood........................ ..(MLB)Demeco........................(SLB)R.Alexan der
(CB)Dunta..............(DE)Weaver....(DT)Maddox... (DT)Okoye.....(DE)Mario.....................(CB)Cl emments

Makes me whoozy just thinking about it ...here's to dreaming.....
Old 01-03-2007   #2
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Post Your Crazy Draft Scenarios Here!!!

Get yourself braced there big guy...they aren't going to pick Kolb.
Old 01-03-2007   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Trade down only a few spots and take their first and 3rd (instead of 2nd).

Defense:

1. Reggie Nelson FS Florida
2. Amobi Okoye DT Louisville
3. Aaron Ross CB Texas
3. Tony Taylor LB Georgia

Offense/Defense:

Trade down to mid 1st. take their 1st and 2nd.

1. Troy Smith QB Ohio St.
2. Michael Bush RB Louisville
2. Earl Everrett LB Florida
3. Aaron Ross CB Texas
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #4
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Got it SOL. Watcha gotta consider when you throw this stuff up there...there are a whole lot of people who are yerning for the Kolb pick to be made. I'm just tring to put a little water on the yerning. From California it's no big deal. Here in Houston it is. I'm just tring to keep expectations low that's all. If they take Kolb, I'm on board. The guy can't throw on the run to save his life. Just hired a QB coach, Houston chornicle today. May be he makes enough improvement that they take a chance on him. But...they just let Ragone go. Ragone and Kolb are simular. I just don't see it as a round peg in a round hole that others do. That's all. OK with you SOL ?
Old 01-03-2007   #5
SLO Texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Got it SOL. Watcha gotta consider when you throw this stuff up there...there are a whole lot of people who are yerning for the Kolb pick to be made. I'm just tring to put a little water on the yerning. From California it's no big deal. Here in Houston it is. I'm just tring to keep expectations low that's all. If they take Kolb, I'm on board. The guy can't throw on the run to save his life. Just hired a QB coach, Houston chornicle today. May be he makes enough improvement that they take a chance on him. But...they just let Ragone go. Ragone and Kolb are simular. I just don't see it as a round peg in a round hole that others do. That's all. OK with you SOL ?
I think Post Your Crazy Draft Scenarios Here!!! says enough. Keep the analysis elsewhere it's supposed to be FUN.Ok with you treetowedplete?
Old 01-03-2007   #6
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

You did say "crazy draft scenario"...

All the teams ahead of us forfeit their picks because they cant get it in on time. With the 8 pick we select Adrian Peterson. Jamarcus Russell falls all the way to us in the 2nd. The team that drafts Joe Thomas trade us his rights for Faggins and a copy of the Houston Chronicle....
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #7
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll play:

1. LaRon Landry, FS, LSU
2. Charles Johnson, DE, Georgia
3. Ryan Harris, OT, ND
4. Kyle Shotwell, LB, Cal Poly
5. Alonzo Coleman, RB, Hampton

Be advised I have only changed pics 3 times and we still have Jrs to declare, All-Star games, Combine, School days and Free Agency.

Last edited by Texian; 01-03-2007 at 04:14 PM.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-03-2007   #8
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

1st - Lynch RB California
2nd- Hughes CB California
3rd - Mebane DT California
4th - Bishop LB California

Then trade our 5th, 6th and 7th to Green Bay for the rights to Aaron Rogers (so we will have a U of California QB) to challenge for QB
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
1st - Lynch RB California
2nd- Hughes CB California
3rd - Mebane DT California
4th - Bishop LB California

Then trade our 5th, 6th and 7th to Green Bay for the rights to Aaron Rogers (so we will have a U of California QB) to challenge for QB

I like a lot! except for the last part with qb...even though its the cali thing. but i really do like 1-4!! Bishop was awesome.
Old 01-03-2007   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Or for some reason Joe Thomas falls to us!

1. Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin.. LT
2. Aaron Sears OT Tennessee ..RT
3. Ryan Kalil C USC ... C

We'd have Pitts, Weary, Spencer, McKinney as Guards
Winston quality Back Up. Spencer can also Back up for LT

Then Next year we draft Russel? Brohm, McFadden, or Slaton in 1st...though I hope we don't have a top 10 pick next year.
Old 01-03-2007   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Joe Thomas
2. Daymeion Hughes
3. Mebane
4. Kenny Irons
5. Kevin Kolb
6. Ryan Kalil (simlar situation as Greg Eslinger last year)
7. Chris Leak
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #12
baba ganoush
Veteran

i say somehow we sign clements and stienbach...

then in the draft...we get joe thomas, clvin johnson, laron landry, and everyone else projected in the first round! lol j/k

that would be interseting though is a team had like 4 first round picks
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #13
cadahnic
All Pro

OK, since we're talking crazy ideas:

1st) Adrian Peterson falls to us
2nd) Michael Griffin falls to us in the 2nd
3rd) Adam Carriker falls to us in the 3rd
4th) Ben Grubbs falls to us in the 4th
5th) Jonathan Wade falls to us in the 5th
6th) Ryan Moore
7th) BPA

This after signing Nate Clements or Asante Samuel and then either Lance Briggs or Adalius Thomas in free agency.
Old 01-03-2007   #14
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO Texan View Post

Oh, but this DEFENSE
............(WLB)Greenwood........................ ..(MLB)Demeco........................(SLB)R.Alexan der
(CB)Dunta..............(DE)Weaver....(DT)Maddox... (DT)Okoye.....(DE)Mario.....................(CB)Cl emments

That would be a great draft in my book for the defense. If that happened I would be a happy fan.
Old 01-03-2007   #15
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

1. trade down (get two 2nd rounders)
-Okoye
2. Michael Griffin
2. Daymeion Hughes
3. Bishop (from cal)
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #16
SLO Texan
Veteran

I got another one....

-Trade Carr to the Raiders for their 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Then........

1st rd-Nelson
2nd rd-Okoye
2nd rd-T.Smith
3rd rd-R.Kahlil
3rd rd-D.Bishop

That would be a ridiculously awesome draft!!!!

4 out of the 5 could start immediately. I would bring in a vet(Plummer) to start at QB and let Smith carry a clipboard for a year. I don't want to screw up another franchise QB!!!

GO Texans!!!

Last edited by SLO Texan; 01-04-2007 at 04:12 PM.
SLO Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007   #17
texansfanquecaneh
Rookie

Smile Re: Post Your Crazy Draft Scenarios Here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO Texan View Post
Ok, so I'm a little bored and started day dreaming about a pretty COOL, but far fetched draft scenario for our Texans. So, just keep this in mind as you read...

So...with the 8th overall pick the Houston Texans trade back with the (insert team) for their 2nd rd pick and give TJ/Babin/Peek (whomever they like best) .

-Then we take Landry/Nelson, whoever falls to us in the 1st round....

-Use our 2nd rounder and get Okoye...

-Use the 2nd rounder we aquired to get Rufus Alexander....

-And then get K.Kolb in the 3rd round...

That would give us a bad a** D for years to come .....p.s.-we signed Clemments too...

Plus it would keep a contingent of fans happy to see us get a hometown boy to challenge Carr at QB....

Oh, but this DEFENSE

I would alter this a little, although I'm no expert. First of all-trade down to number 25 or lower (to a team that desperately wants a particular player). Do not settle for 1st & 2nd this year-demand 1st this year & 1st next year.
If no other team agrees, then keep 8th pick. If it works:
1-CB or S (should still get one)
2-Okoye, like you said
3-7 BPA- mostly defense like many of you said

Personally, I wanted Joe Thomas since I want to fix the OL. However, it looks like next year will be strong for OL drafts, so I'm switching over to the "fix the defense" side.

Then next year we can get a top quality OL pick and we also have another pick in the 1st for BPA. Concentrate on offense next year.
You said "crazy draft scenarios"- so how's this for crazy? Also trade David Carr to Minnesota for their 2nd pick next year ( would any other team give up a 2nd?). Would now have 2 picks in 1st & 2 picks in 2nd. Solidify the OL for good and also take our QB of the future next year.

I'm no expert, but that's my crazy draft scenario.
texansfanquecaneh is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read