Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2007   #1
brewhaus
All Pro

Default UFA from the Texans

.......A handful of veterans left the stadium in limbo, however, as did a number of unrestricted free agents such as running back Ron Dayne, defensive linemen Antwan Peek and N.D. Kalu, punter Chad Stanley, offensive tackle Ephraim Salaam and tight end Mark Bruener.

From the list of players here, who will stay and who will go?
Anyone have a thought on this?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4438323.html
Old 01-03-2007   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Re: UFA from the Texans

Keep Dayne, Salaam, Peek, and Kalu.

Bruener and Stanley's days are over.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #3
A Texan
Veteran

Dayne probably will want to stay judging from comments that he has made. None of the others will be in high demand by other clubs so it probably depends on whether the Texans want to keep them.
A Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #4
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Keep Dayne, Salaam, Peek, and Kalu.

Bruener and Stanley's days are over.
I agree.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #5
DayneBum
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddar View Post
I'd say let Dayne go too.
And why'd you say that. Do you have a explanation for your reasoning. He's been the brightest spot in the backfeild this year. please explain why they should let him go?
DayneBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #6
Cincinnatikid
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Texan View Post
Dayne probably will want to stay judging from comments that he has made. None of the others will be in high demand by other clubs so it probably depends on whether the Texans want to keep them.
Peek is gone. If the coach of NE wants you, then so will others.
Cincinnatikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I say Dayne, Salaam, and Kalu.

Iffy on Peek because he gets injured and still hasn't produced even as much as Babin and that aint saying much.

The others can go.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-03-2007   #8
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddar View Post
I'd say let Dayne go too.
No way! He should be force-fed and tied to the weight bench. Fatten him up and make him play left tackle.
Old 01-03-2007   #9
Crazyhorse
Rookie

The way Brunner player at the end of the season and the quality of leadership he brings to the team make him a keeper in my mind.
Crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #10
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

dayne & kalu are deffinate keepers. no way i'd even look at salaam, and very little chance i'd look at bruener. peek i'd offer a minimum contract and accept whatever happens.
Old 01-03-2007   #11
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Salaam is my swing tackle for as long as he wants the job.
Old 01-03-2007   #12
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Salaam is my swing tackle for as long as he wants the job.
i'd give that job to winston.
Old 01-03-2007   #13
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

Salaam has got to go, his knees are bad, and he is the reason why Carr was sacked so many times and the reason why their was a big pass rush, look at Carrs stats, they reflect on when Salaam started.

Bruener, keep him with minimal contract, he is a good veteran, and we need a lot of veterans with this young team we have.

Dayne keep him, he is a good powerback and he has a whole lot more potential, if you don't believe me, look at whos the top of the list on all time rushing leaders in the ncaa.

Peek I love as a player and I really feel he deserves a chance at a starting spot on this team. I would love to try him out at outside linebacker, have him work on his speed and agility over this offseason and try him out during training camp and preseason. He has raw talent and makes tackles.

ND Kalu is a decent defensive end we can keep as a reserve.

Chad Stanley get rid of him.
Old 01-03-2007   #14
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

When does Free Agent Signing start?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #15
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
According to this article, in April.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=2674183
Old 01-03-2007   #16
coachdent
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 coachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to coachdent

Bruener is dead weight and taking up a roster spot. Leadership in the locker room coming from a 34 year old tight end with nine catches over the season is extremely overrated.

We can get Free agent leaders.

Peek and Stanley can also be shown the door.

...And of course Mr. Cook should not be allowed back into the facility. If he is wearing our uniform next year, I will personally drive down there on the first day of camp and drive my car over him one hundred and seventeen times! One for each time I threw up this year watching him on the field.
Old 01-03-2007   #17
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Depends on $$$.

I am guessing they would want to keep Dayne if you look at Denver's history any. They typically like at least one experienced guy because they don't trust rookies to hold onto the ball.
Old 01-03-2007   #18
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachdent View Post
Bruener is dead weight and taking up a roster spot. Leadership in the locker room coming from a 34 year old tight end with nine catches over the season is extremely overrated.

We can get Free agent leaders.

Peek and Stanley can also be shown the door.

...And of course Mr. Cook should not be allowed back into the facility. If he is wearing our uniform next year, I will personally drive down there on the first day of camp and drive my car over him one hundred and seventeen times! One for each time I threw up this year watching him on the field.

Nice. It's responses like yours that make this board so great.
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #19
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
http://www.nflpa.org/NewsAndEvents/ImportantDates.aspx

Quote:
MARCH 2007

March 2, Friday

Free Agency period begins (see p. 96 for explanation of free agent categories).
Trading period begins for 2007
Old 01-04-2007   #20
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I would keep Salaam, but only as a 3rd stringer. He had quality games as our LT early and in the middle of the season, but since he was basically our LT for 14 1/2 games (Spencer got hurt in week 2) he showed he doesn't have the stamina to play an entire season. Keep Dayne and Kalu. I'm iffy about Peek. I think he's overrated myself. Sign him to the minimum. Stanley can go.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read