Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2007   #1
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Spencer according to Megan Manfull

In this mornings Chronicle:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4440416.html

Texans rookie Charles Spencer has a metal plate and about eight screws in his knee. The fracture that ended his season after just two starts has healed.

That doesn't mean the Texans will have their starting left offensive tackle back any time soon, though. In fact, what appeared to be a bright NFL future for Spencer is now in question because of cartilage around his knee that was damaged as a result of the injury.
"It's certainly an injury that threatens a guy's career, especially a guy like Spencer," said Dr. Walter Lowe, the team physician who performed Spencer's surgery Sept. 18.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #2
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Spencer according to Megan Manfull

Hmm...I was under the impressing it was the initial leg break that would jepordize his career...this is the first I've heard about knee cartillage. This doesn't sound good. That is the stuff that DW is missing.
Old 01-03-2007   #3
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

All the more reason to make a serious effort to acquire some top shelf talent at LT in the offseason.
Old 01-03-2007   #4
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Between DDub and Spencer, we have a healthy set of knees.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #5
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i think he'll be back and still good
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #6
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Unfortunately this year draft is very thin at tackle position and out side of Thomas no one is considered franchise LT in this draft. Both Baker and Long are staying in college for senior year.
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #7
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

I can't even imagine this loss if he doesn't return...
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-03-2007   #8
brewhaus
All Pro

"This was a big disappointment," Spencer said. "It was kind of a weird fracture. But it happened for a reason. I'll be out there next year."
Great attitude by Charles......this guy is a winner!

I'm sure counting on Charles, and I hope he's there ready to go full speed. Because if he is, we're going to be better," Kubiak said. "But we've got to operate assuming that may not happen."
Great motivation for Charles.....this guy is a winner too!
Old 01-03-2007   #9
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhaus View Post
"This was a big disappointment," Spencer said. "It was kind of a weird fracture. But it happened for a reason. I'll be out there next year."

I'm sure counting on Charles, and I hope he's there ready to go full speed. Because if he is, we're going to be better," Kubiak said. "But we've got to operate assuming that may not happen."
Now THATS what i wanted to hear...Good Attitude Baby!!!!!!
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #10
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride View Post

"It's certainly an injury that threatens a guy's career, especially a guy like Spencer," said Dr. Walter Lowe, the team physician who performed Spencer's surgery Sept. 18.
What in the world is the "team physician" doing performing this type of surgery? If the injury is as bad as is being reported it should have been done by some uber doc, not the team doctor. Team docs are good for cortizone shots and tapin' ankles.

I hope this is just an honest mistake by Manfull.

vvvvv I lost a bet vvvvv

Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #11
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
What in the world is the "team physician" doing performing this type of surgery? If the injury is as bad as is being reported it should have been done by some uber doc, not the team doctor. Team docs are good for cortizone shots and tapin' ankles.

I hope this is just an honest mistake by Manful.
Good only for cortizone shots and taping ankles? Maybe you oughta check out Dr. Lowe's credentials first before making such an ignorant statement about him the next time there, slick.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #12
SamuraiSword
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 SamuraiSword is a Pro BowlerSamuraiSword is a Pro Bowler
Arrow Re: Spencer according to Megan Manfull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride View Post

Texans rookie Charles Spencer has a metal plate and about eight screws in his knee. The fracture that ended his season after just two starts has healed.

That doesn't mean the Texans will have their starting left offensive tackle back any time soon, though. In fact, what appeared to be a bright NFL future for Spencer is now in question because of cartilage around his knee that was damaged as a result of the injury.
I better see that man out there next season. I want a good offensive lineman protecting our next QB whoever it is.
SamuraiSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #13
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhaus View Post

I wouldn't really listen to atheltes on wheter they would be out there next year. Just look at Jeff Bagwell last offseason, or Domanick Williams(Davis) this preseason. Good attitude, but sometimes the body won't allow you to do it.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #14
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72472 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

McClain says:

Quote:
They can move Charles Spencer, who's recovering nicely from his fractured leg, to right tackle.
Manfull says:

Quote:
In fact, what appeared to be a bright NFL future for Spencer is now in question because of cartilage around his knee that was damaged as a result of the injury.
The truth (whatever that is) appears to be that they don't know yet:

Quote:
It will take another month or so before the doctors can determine how the cartilage is doing.

We as fans are going to have to wait and see what happens with Spencer. The optimistic side of me says Spencer will be back at full strength, but optimism has led to disappointment with this team before. What a bummer.

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2006/12/f...bout_carr.html
Old 01-03-2007   #15
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Is it just me or is our OLT position more cursed than the guys on Madden's cover?
Old 01-03-2007   #16
CT CSTM
Rookie

Rep Power: 70 CT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respectedCT CSTM is a quality contributor and well respected

Spencer does have a good attitude about it and is working very hard to be back, he appreciates the supporting fans and that helps his confidence. I know I can't ask but I wish all the "Doubters" could keep a cap on it because he does occassionally read this board. He's a bright kid and has a great future ahead of him and he totally believes in himself and his ability,,,,
Old 01-03-2007   #17
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72472 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT CSTM View Post
Spencer does have a good attitude about it and is working very hard to be back, he appreciates the supporting fans and that helps his confidence. I know I can't ask but I wish all the "Doubters" could keep a cap on it because he does occassionally read this board. He's a bright kid and has a great future ahead of him and he totally believes in himself and his ability,,,,
Most doubters aren't basing much of their doubts on Spencer himself, just on the Texans LT position and the front office's inability to do the right things there. Spencer is one of the most highly regarded players on the team, especially in comparison to the playing time he's had.
Old 01-03-2007   #18
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

First I hope Spencer is back to 100% when OTA's start we need him on this team BAAAAAD.

BUT:
Anybody else out there think we need to Trade-Up to get Thomas?

Up-Side: Spence comes back 100% and is good to go we have TWO big nasties to protect our QB(who ever it is) and plow the road for our RB's.
Our O-line would be set for YEARS to come. (Spencer, Thomas, Winston,Hodgens,Flanagan,Pitts,Mckinney)(I know I'm missing someone?not salamm)

Down-Side: Spence is not ready and may never be. Sucks, but we have to face facts that Knee/leg Injures can be a tricky thing.(REF: DD/DW) But we have Joe Thomas, a true LT to plug in. Will be paying big money but I refer you back to the Up-side listed above.

That said hope Spencer continues to keep up the hard work in Rehab and get well soon.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #19
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 17 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

Big Nasty, if you are reading this thread, just know that you are a team favorite, and we're all supporting you and hoping the best for you.

jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #20
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT CSTM View Post
I was hoping you'd post after I read the article in the Chronicle because of your personal relationship with him, so thanks for that.

If Mr. Charles is reading, I want to extend my best wishes to him and hope he continues to work hard during his rehab. Everytime Coach Kubiak talks about Spencer, he always has great things to say about him as a player. It must give him a lot of encouragement that the team thinks so highly of him.

I hope we soon get that news that Spencer will be back in uniform and at full strength for the beginning of next season. GO BIG NASTY!!!
CowboysTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read