Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2007   #1
baba ganoush
Veteran
 
baba ganoush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 25
Posts: 280
Rep Power: 9 baba ganoush is ridin' the pine
Default the true possibilities of the off-season

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

the above site, is proof that there might be a possibility to get portis...
If we can somehow trade away to get portis; maybe by trading greenwood, peek and/or carr along with a 2nd rounder and if necessary a 2nd or 3rd rounder in next years draft...the idea to get him is; that he is already a proven back and is still really young and we can have him for many years...but we would have to restructure his $88 million contract (i believe thats the amount)

this is what i would like to see happen...get portis; go full steam ahead and get Nate Clements and Eric Stienbach in FA...our secondary and offensive line would be upgraded big time! i just hope that we have enough cap!!!

then i would like to see the draft plan out something like this...
1- LaRon Landry
3-Kevin Kolb
4-OLB
5-OL
6-DL
7-DB
__________________
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #2
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame
 
YoungTexanFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,800
Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: the true possibilities of the off-season

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba ganoush View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

the above site, is proof that there might be a possibility to get portis...
If we can somehow trade away to get portis; maybe by trading greenwood, peek and/or carr along with a 2nd rounder and if necessary a 2nd or 3rd rounder in next years draft...the idea to get him is; that he is already a proven back and is still really young and we can have him for many years...but we would have to restructure his $88 million contract (i believe thats the amount)

this is what i would like to see happen...get portis; go full steam ahead and get Nate Clements and Eric Stienbach in FA...our secondary and offensive line would be upgraded big time! i just hope that we have enough cap!!!

then i would like to see the draft plan out something like this...
1- LaRon Landry
3-Kevin Kolb
4-OLB
5-OL
6-DL
7-DB
I could live with getting Portis, but I won't get my hopes up until he is in houston for good. With our draft spot, we should take the better FS prospect in Nelson. Kolb isn't talented enough to warrent a 3rd, and we have more needs. OLB should be moved up or even OL w/Grubbs or Kailh. DL should be moved up w/Mebane or the Miami DT.
__________________
The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we had when we created them.
YoungTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame
 
Ole Miss Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,680
Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: the true possibilities of the off-season

While Portis would definitly be an improvement for us, I wouldn't give up a 2nd and pay the contract. just go with Williams!/Dayne/Taylor/and or Lundy/Gado? for this year...maybe get a RB in next years 1st round because it will be deeper. we can use our 2nd rd pick as an instant starter this year and that's what we need, we can't be giving away early draft picks.
__________________
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #4
SLO Texan
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: S.L.O, California
Posts: 245
Rep Power: 8 SLO Texan is ridin' the pine
Default Re: the true possibilities of the off-season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
While Portis would definitly be an improvement for us, I wouldn't give up a 2nd and pay the contract. just go with Williams!/Dayne/Taylor/and or Lundy/Gado? for this year...maybe get a RB in next years 1st round because it will be deeper. we can use our 2nd rd pick as an instant starter this year and that's what we need, we can't be giving away early draft picks.
I agree. I just don't really think we NEED Portis that bad. A huge contract, giving up picks/players, and all just b/c he's "proven"? What does everyone think he would have "proved" behind our line this season? We had to run a 240 lbd back named the Dayne Trayne 30 + times just to get over 100 yds rushing!!!

Not a good idea and I pray this does'nt happen!!!
__________________
TEXANS 9-7 in '07!!!!
SLO Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #5
texman8
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: north houston
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 11 texman8 is ridin' the pine
Default Re: the true possibilities of the off-season

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba ganoush View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

the above site, is proof that there might be a possibility to get portis...
If we can somehow trade away to get portis; maybe by trading greenwood, peek and/or carr along with a 2nd rounder and if necessary a 2nd or 3rd rounder in next years draft...the idea to get him is; that he is already a proven back and is still really young and we can have him for many years...but we would have to restructure his $88 million contract (i believe thats the amount)

this is what i would like to see happen...get portis; go full steam ahead and get Nate Clements and Eric Stienbach in FA...our secondary and offensive line would be upgraded big time! i just hope that we have enough cap!!!

then i would like to see the draft plan out something like this...
1- LaRon Landry
3-Kevin Kolb
4-OLB
5-OL
6-DL
7-DB
True possilibities? More like fantasy, we aren't likely to get Clements in FA. I'll be happy if we can get Steinbach. I'll rather go after Michael Turner from Chargers if it's possible. Moneywise, he 'll be a better fit.
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #6
Trenches
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 171
Rep Power: 9 Trenches is ridin' the pine
Default Re: the true possibilities of the off-season

Quote:
Originally Posted by texman8 View Post
True possilibities? More like fantasy, we aren't likely to get Clements in FA. I'll be happy if we can get Steinbach. I'll rather go after Michael Turner from Chargers if it's possible. Moneywise, he 'll be a better fit.
Turner is an RFA and will cost you at least a 1st round pick.
Trenches is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger