Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Greater Expectations

Imatexanfan

Hall of Fame
We won 6 games this year. I would honestly consider it a decent improvement if we only won 7 or 8, but looked good doing it. I'm not asking for a playoff team yet, take that back ......yes I am. I want Kubiak to build us a great team over the next few years, really.:shades:

What I do want is to watch any game on our tough schedule next year, and know we have a shot. If we lose close games because both teams look bad that sucks, but if our losses are to great teams like the Chargers, but we hang in there, I will be happy. This sounds dumb, but I want to see character next year. I want to see our 'D' get significantly better, and to start getting cocky. I want to build an O-line that let's us run all over opponents. With Johnson and Moulds a good running game can make Carr a good enough QB to make it to the playoffs. Look at Rex Grossman and Rivers. :tease:

O-lineman in Free Agency
trade DW for another lineman :yes:

1st: Lynch or Thomas (if possible)
2nd: a great free safety
3rd: Aaron Ross
4th: OG

Let's start backing up the Texans and let the past go. VY is a Titan. Bush is a Saint. You're a Texan....get over it or get off this site:aikido:

tough schedule next year??

eh......

I think we should have learned from this year, that we don't know who is going to be tough, and who won't. Miami, Washington, Jacksonville, NewYork Giants.... all play-off teams.... but we should've beat all of them this year.

Buffalo.... is probably the closest team in the league to us... I think anyway.

Pittsburgh... who knew??

Tennessee... we had them... twice..... and we let the victory slip away......

NYJ.... 10 wins?? c'mon........

New Orleans?? WTF??

I mean...... you never know. Until you know........ you know??

I hear ya dawg

The thing is it takes a TEAM effort. :secret: One play the o-line is like "paramount" next play Carr gets sacked losing the ball for the other team scoring.

Its like a bad dream you know?! But thats all gonna change next season. Everythings gonna be :ok:

With Johnson and Moulds a good running game can make Carr a good enough QB to make it to the playoffs. Look at Rex Grossman and Rivers. :tease:
You're a Texan....get over it or get off this site:aikido:

It has nothing to do with past drafts.......

but if you didn't know, the fans in Chicago want Grossman out of there. Damn the 12-4 season.

the Fans in Denver didn't want that waste of a QB & they were 8-4.

Both the Baltimore Ravens & Tampa Bay Buccaneers dumped their SuperBowl winning QBs the day after their running game, and defense won them Championships.

did I miss anything??

Look at the Bengals and Broncos--49ers knock the Broncos out of play offs and Pitt does the same to Bengals!! Cinn had a 4000yd passer!

...and Dallas gets beat by Detroit and still makes the play offs, another team is in at 8-8!!

We need to quit worrying about things we have no control over--like schedule and injuries--and worry about things we can control, like a 5 yr $8 million QB who throws for 86 yds/0Tds against th 31st ranked team in the league!!...curious, wonder if Capers could have gotten us 4 more victories this year since he was able to get more out of Carr (never would have guessed that)

Look at the Bengals and Broncos--49ers knock the Broncos out of play offs and Pitt does the same to Bengals!! Cinn had a 4000yd passer!

...and Dallas gets beat by Detroit and still makes the play offs, another team is in at 8-8!!

We need to quit worrying about things we have no control over--like schedule and injuries--and worry about things we can control, like a 5 yr $8 million QB who throws for 86 yds/0Tds against th 31st ranked team in the league!!...curious, wonder if Capers could have gotten us 4 more victories this year since he was able to get more out of Carr (never would have guessed that)

I don't think I follow you Nathan........ are you saying a 4000 yard passer wouldn't have got us into the playoffs?? but more production out of David would have??

I don't think I follow you Nathan........ are you saying a 4000 yard passer wouldn't have got us into the playoffs?? but more production out of David would have??

I'm saying I'd thought a team with a 4000yd passer would get a team in the play offs...you never know.

We can't do anything about injuries or our schedule to help us win, so we need to concentrate on areas we can improve to help--one of those areas for our team is improving our QB play....

I know Cinn was considered a shoo in for the play offs and I don't know all their circumstances but-in their case-passing for 4000 yds was not a guarantee...course, that would have all changed if they'd not missed that chip shot FG at the end of regualtion

QUOTE:This sounds dumb, but I want to see character next year. I want to see our 'D' get significantly better, and to start getting cocky.

what good is a great defense if you can barely score yourself. Our defense is good now we were troubled with injuries.We need to focus on the OL,QB,RB.(not in that order)

I want to see endzone dancing!!!! Because if we do that it means we are winning.

I know people hate it but it inspires teams and it gives your team an identity and its great for fans.

QUOTE:This sounds dumb, but I want to see character next year. I want to see our 'D' get significantly better, and to start getting cocky.

what good is a great defense if you can barely score yourself. Our defense is good now we were troubled with injuries.We need to focus on the OL,QB,RB.(not in that order)

what is really bad, is that we got two guys off the street who performed better than the two starters they replaced.

what is really bad, is that we got two guys off the street who performed better than the two starters they replaced.

Part of the would fall under the heading of "Thank you Charlie". Seth is more a case of age and injuries, because when he is good to go, he is a long way from chopped liver.

Back