Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-02-2007   #1
everardo7206
Rookie

Location: RGV (if you don't know, thats WAAY deep south texas)
Default texans expansion draft

just out of curiousity, does anyone know where i may find the players protected from the texans on the expansion draft?
Old 01-02-2007   #2
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP
Default Re: texans expansion draft

You mean the players who were pulled back after the Texans selected the other exposed player from that team?
Old 01-02-2007   #3
everardo7206
Rookie

well, pulled out BEFORE the texans could pick players
Old 01-02-2007   #4
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I don't know who was protected, but here is who was unprotected:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/0122/1315608.html
Old 01-02-2007   #5
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Wow...this question has sent me on a trip down memory lane. There are some players the Texans selected that I forgot about:

1. Tony Boselli
OT, Jaguars, $6,883,332

2. Ryan Young
OT, Jets, $563,000

3. Aaron Glenn
CB, Jets, $8,013,177

4. Gary Walker
DT, Jaguars, $5,250,000

5. Jamie Sharper
LB, Ravens, $2,875,000

6. Jermaine Lewis
WR, Ravens, $4,289,333

7. Marcus Coleman
CB, Jets, $5,480,750

8. Seth Payne
DT, Jaguars, $2,775,000

9. Matt Campbell
OG, Redskins, $875,000

10. Matt Stevens
S, Patriots, $565,000

11. Jeremy McKinney
OG, Browns, $405,760

12. Ryan Schau
OT, Eagles, $563,000

13. Charlie Rogers
RB/KR, Seahawks, $563,000

14. Sean McDermott
TE, Bucs, $300,000

15. Jabari Issa
DE, Cardinals, $397,666

16. Avion Black
WR, Bills, $460,000

17. Danny Wuerffel
QB, Bears, $555,760

18. Brian Allen
LB, Rams, $452,000

19. Johnny Huggins
TE, Cowboys, $300,000
Old 01-02-2007   #6
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 432 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

we had 4 of those jags. ha
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #7
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Tony Boselli
OT, Jaguars, $6,883,332

2. Ryan Young
OT, Jets, $563,000

That was going to be your bookend tackles for years to come. Both were out of football 3 years later. Young had a freak injury and Boselli, well you know the story. But isn't it funny that no one talks about the lose of Young as being damaging to the team. Well it was. The RT gave up quite a few sacks that first year also.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-03-2007   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
1. Tony Boselli
OT, Jaguars, $6,883,332

2. Ryan Young
OT, Jets, $563,000

That was going to be your bookend tackles for years to come. Both were out of football 3 years later. Young had a freak injury and Boselli, well you know the story. But isn't it funny that no one talks about the lose of Young as being damaging to the team. Well it was. The RT gave up quite a few sacks that first year also.

I remember after that first draft thinking "Yes! They're doing it right by building from the line out. We're going to rawk."

Man.

When I'm wrong, I'm REALLY worng.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #9
everardo7206
Rookie

jamie sharper was THEE man.... since he left, the D has been weak, and same with aaron glen.... but well, they're getting old with age

but demeco has gotten the job done so far

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read