Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-02-2007   #1
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Cal RB Lynch to enter NFL Draft

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2717937

Lets get him Texans, if AD isn't there.
Old 01-02-2007   #2
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cal RB Lynch to enter NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2717937

Lets get him Texans, if AD isn't there.
I suspect that might be likely.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #3
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Running backs are a dime a dozen nowadays. The last rb that was worth a top 5-10 pick was the LT.
Old 01-02-2007   #4
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Running backs are a dime a dozen nowadays. The last rb that was worth a top 5-10 pick was the LT.
I think you mean an LT.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #5
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I have a gut feeling that we are going to draft him.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #6
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
I have a gut feeling that we are going to draft him.
i wouldnt be mad at that
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #7
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
i wouldnt be mad at that
I would.
Old 01-03-2007   #8
SLO Texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
I would.
Me too, he seems like a good RB but seems to disappear at times. I think we can upgrade RB in FA.

That and I want us to keep building our D into a powerhouse.
Old 01-03-2007   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we will stick our nose in FA first, if that don't work we will look to trade our pick to the Skins for Portis, if that don't work we will go with a draft pick.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #10
K.D.
Veteran

I wouldn't like this pick at #8. We either need OL (Thomas), or secondary (Landry,Nelson), or maybe DL (Branch,Adams). RB position does not need to be addressed with our 1st pick, 2nd pick maybe. We need to get solid on D-side of the ball.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #11
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Running backs are a dime a dozen nowadays.
I dunno, but more and more this is kinda my attitude to.
The last game of the year we bring this Chris Taylor in off the practice squad,
start him, and let him play the whole game and he knocks out a 100 yards
virtually. And of course he's an undrafted FA who is a rookie.
And look at Denvers Mike Bell, another undrafted rookie FA who had 8 touchdowns and with 611 yards outrushed the amazingly overrated runner Reggie Bush, #2 overall in the 2006 college Draft.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #12
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

We should try to trade our 2008 1st to get Portis instead of our current selection.
Old 01-03-2007   #13
K.D.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre View Post
We should try to trade our 2008 1st to get Portis instead of our current selection.
No WAYY!!! Portis can't stay healthy for a full season, he costs too much, and we can use that #8 pick on someone we need more than on RB position. We need to use all 7 of our picks especially considering how we came out of last year's draft.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #14
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Joe Thomas will be gone by the 8th pick.

Adrian Peterson will be gone by the 8th pick.

Michael Turner, Clinton Portis, or any other big name RB won't even want to play in Houston.

If Lynch is there, we need to get him. He'll add another dimension to our offense instantly.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #15
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I dunno, but more and more this is kinda my attitude to.
The last game of the year we bring this Chris Taylor in off the practice squad,
start him, and let him play the whole game and he knocks out a 100 yards
virtually. And of course he's an undrafted FA who is a rookie.
And look at Denvers Mike Bell, another undrafted rookie FA who had 8 touchdowns and with 611 yards outrushed the amazingly overrated runner Reggie Bush, #2 overall in the 2006 college Draft.
Again, Taylor busted out almost 100 yards against one of the worst defenses in the league. We have a very inconsistent running game and need a feature back on this team.
Old 01-03-2007   #16
BeReal
Rookie

Lynch is a playmaker, period. Sure you can plug in a RB here and there and maybe he'll have a good game, but you can't tell me Lundy, Taylor, or Dayne will be our answer at RB. Those guys are what you would call servicable, not long term solutions.

Every other week we had a different running back. You can't tell me that's what Kubiak has in mind for this offense. Lynch would be a solid pick @ number 8. Please Texans do not over think this one again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnWHRERvnaE
BeReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think Lynch is worth a top ten pick. I'd rather spend a 3 on someone like Kenny Irons and take a lineman or a defender with our first pick. He is a better inside runner than JJ Arrington but I'm a cynic of spread offense rb's as they relate to the NFL.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #18
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I don't think Lynch is worth a top ten pick. I'd rather spend a 3 on someone like Kenny Irons and take a lineman or a defender with our first pick. He is a better inside runner than JJ Arrington but I'm a cynic of spread offense rb's as they relate to the NFL.
That's solid thinking.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #19
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I agree with this. If you look at how open the holes were for Lynch in the bowl game, he hardly created his own runs and when they threw to him he was stopped dead in his tracks mostly. That is kind of what we currently have.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #20
tulexan
Hall of Fame

You can't base a player's performance on one game. I have watched several Cal games this season and he has been very solid in almost all of them.

He may not be the fastest running back in the world, but he is fast enough to break big plays and runs with a lot of power.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read