Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-02-2007   #1
DatTexBoy
Veteran

Default New idea, I think

Trade our # 8 for New Englands two picks 22 & 28...sign Turner as RFA which will be in the low twenties then get BPA probably Michael Griffin still addressing needs and gaining an established veteran. Don't know which pick we will lose more than likely the 22 but it's a loophole kind of a draft...thoughts?
DatTexBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #2
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Default Re: New idea, I think

Why would the Patriots trade up? They never make big upward moves.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #3
baba ganoush
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg01 View Post
Why would the Patriots trade up? They never make big upward moves.
agree 100%
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #4
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans really think they need a RB bad enough to spend a first rounder on one they should just take Marshawn Lynch he is a stud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #5
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1964 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexBoy View Post
Trade our # 8 for New Englands two picks 22 & 28...sign Turner as RFA which will be in the low twenties then get BPA probably Michael Griffin still addressing needs and gaining an established veteran. Don't know which pick we will lose more than likely the 22 but it's a loophole kind of a draft...thoughts?
How does taking another SS who tries to play in the backfield every play going go help us with a FS who can cover? Also where was Texas pass defense rated? And you want to draft the leader of that unit?
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #6
DatTexBoy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
How does taking another SS who tries to play in the backfield every play going go help us with a FS who can cover? Also where was Texas pass defense rated? And you want to draft the leader of that unit?
Well if you were a Texas fan you would know that Chisk was all about stopping the run and it was the safety's job to be a part of the run and thought our corners were good enough to play on a island...and Texas was primarily in a base defense most of the time using their safety as delayed blitzers leaving the secondary vulnerable and if you noticed our linebackers were deep in the secondary on pass plays and why is derry in the game???...anyways Griffin is first round talent and is on just about every mock draft I've seen falling in the first round...

Last edited by DatTexBoy; 01-10-2007 at 05:55 AM.
DatTexBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007   #7
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexBoy View Post
Well if you were a Texas fan you would know that Chisk was all about stopping the run and it was the safety's job to be a part of the run and thought our corners were good enough to play on a island...and Texas was primarily in a base defense most of the time using their safety as delayed blitzers leaving the secondary vulnerable and if you noticed our linebackers were deep in the secondary on pass plays and why is derry in the game???...anyways Griffin is first round talent and is on just about every mock draft I've seen falling in the first round...
And if you were a Texas fan you'd ***** and moan every time a former Longhorn player isn't picked by the Houston Texans.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read