Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-02-2007   #1
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP
Default Matt Millen keeps his job

It's on the right side box of the ESPN news ticker.

Those photographs he has holed away in his safe must be pretty darn incriminating.
Old 01-02-2007   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Millen keeps his job

To me this is the biggest mystery in the NFL. It's like he has mind-control powers or something. I'd say he's using the Jedi Mind Trick on the Fords but then if he was smart enough to be a Jedi you would think he'd be a little better at his job. It just doesn't make any sense.
Old 01-02-2007   #3
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post

Those photographs he has holed away in his safe must be pretty darn incriminating.
You have hit the nail on the head there, I cannot understand how the worst team in the league over his tenure would allow him to continue to keep his job. I feel for thier fans, they have it worse than us, if that's possible..at least we have something to build on...........
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #4
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I bet Detroit self-implodes when he drafts a wide-reciever for the 2nd overall pick.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #5
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

this to me makes troy smith a lock to go #2 overall.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #6
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Ironically I could see them taking another WR. Wouldn't that be a record?
Old 01-02-2007   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

What does it tell your fans when you don't make a change? The Ford's just seem okay with a losing team year after year after year. The Texans have done anything in 5 years, but at least we made a change this year in bringing in Rick Smith and Kubiak. That Matt Millen gets to keep his job is absurd. I hope the Ford's like half-empty stadiums...

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2007   #8
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

it's the clippers' syndrome. the owners are making money win or lose so elgin baylor and matt millen keep their jobs as "yes maam" execs. all that matters is making that pretty (but useless) draft pick to excite fans at the beginning of the year and keep the money coming in ... while blaming coaches for everything going wrong of course.
Old 01-02-2007   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre View Post
Ironically I could see them taking another WR. Wouldn't that be a record?
ironically you're the 2nd person to make that old joke already in this thread. that's ironically pretty ironic.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #10
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

The rest of the NFC Norse is laughing at the Motor City!

Old 01-02-2007   #11
jlam
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 jlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post

Perhaps Ford's (the owner) Expedition limo broke down and all the limo company had available that day was an Escalade. Millen just so happened to be there with his disposable camera he was taking to get developed. What better way to use that last picture than to get instant job security for a decade?
jlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #12
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
To me this is the biggest mystery in the NFL. It's like he has mind-control powers or something. I'd say he's using the Jedi Mind Trick on the Fords but then if he was smart enough to be a Jedi you would think he'd be a little better at his job. It just doesn't make any sense.
And if he had mind control powers, wouldn't he have worked out an advantageous trade or two over the years?
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #13
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Did anyone see the one quote by him?

The one hope Lions fans may have is that the team's performance may cause Millen to quit out of pride.

Millen said Tuesday that quitting is not an option he has considered despite criticism of the team's dismal performance in his tenure.
"I'll never quit,'' Millen said in an interview with a small group of reporters, including The Detroit News, which posted some of his comments on its Web site. "I can't do that. I don't even consider that."

"It's the way I'm made."

lol!
Old 01-02-2007   #14
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

why?
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #15
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

People like to make jokes about the WR thing.
But that's not even the worst of what Matt Millen has done. It's just the most public of his stupidity.

The guy is led the lions to the 2nd worst record in NFL history
and the worst of the Salary Cap era.

And the Lions don't need WR this year.
They have 2 , 1000 yard WR's. Mike Furrey thanks to Mike Martz , if they resign him.

If not, some NFL team is going to get a great player at a fraction of the price.
Reminds me a lot of Ike Bruce, so I can see why Martz dragged him along.
Old 01-03-2007   #16
torontooilfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 torontooilfan was voted MVPtorontooilfan was voted MVPtorontooilfan was voted MVP

I feel for my best friend, who has suffered as a diehard Lion fan as long as I have suffered as a Oiler/Titan fan. He's had it much much worse. We at least get teased.

He insists nothing will ever change there until the day the Fords sell the team. I guess based on the fact that they chose to retain the worst executive in pro sports not named Isiah suggests my buddy is correct in his assessment.
Old 01-03-2007   #17
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Man he must be stealing other people's souls to sell to The Devil in addition to his own. That is the only explanation.
Old 01-03-2007   #18
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

if the lions go 8-8 or better next season, millen is done. that's my only explanation.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #19
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

The Lions want a 53 man roster of nothing but top 10 picks...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007   #20
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sometimes, there just isn't an explination for what happens.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read