Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-02-2007   #1
texansrock
Rookie

Default Culpepper?

Do you think he would be a good fit here in Houston next year? Hes had an entire year to regain the strength in his knee, and he might come relatively cheap. Everyone says hes nothing without an elite reciever (Randy Moss) but think about it, isnt AJ just as good as Randy??? Hes also a good running QB, which isnt a bad thing behind our patchwork offensive line. Thoughts anyone?
texansrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #2
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP
Default Re: Culpepper?

I think the Texans will need to pick up an experienced FA with some solid past success. Should it be Culpepper? I don't know.
Old 01-02-2007   #3
Trenches
Veteran

cant be any worse than the garbage we've seen this year.
Trenches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #4
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I wouldn't mind bringing in Culpepper if he is healthy.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

No Culpepper.

He cannot avoid being sacked. Look at how he did behind Miami's bad OL. Imagine him behind ours.

He fumbles way too often
Old 01-02-2007   #6
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

No....he might have an arm, but not mobile and well I would rather have David, he is at least if anything, as durable as it comes...
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #7
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansrock View Post
Do you think he would be a good fit here in Houston next year? Hes had an entire year to regain the strength in his knee, and he might come relatively cheap. Everyone says hes nothing without an elite reciever (Randy Moss) but think about it, isnt AJ just as good as Randy??? Hes also a good running QB, which isnt a bad thing behind our patchwork offensive line. Thoughts anyone?

AJ is a great receiver, yes. But he's not the speed receiver Randy Moss is. He's never played well wihtout Moss, and I pray we don't pick him up. He's not used to playing in a West Coast offense, the offense which he showed the most consistency with was the Vertical Offense in Minnesota. Likewise, he was involved in that boat scandal, and regardless of what you might think about him I don't think that Kubiak would take the chance with him.

I heard that Garcia would prefer to stay as a backup in Philly rather than start for a bad team...but I think he'd be our best bet if we're done with Carr.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2007   #8
demecoryans#1fan
Rookie

Culpepper would probably be one of the WORST choices if we would to go qb shopping this offseason. if we were to pick up a free agent i think... actually nobody would be better than Carr right now. Culpepper out right sucks and Harrington, let me say that again, Harrington had to salvage the season and threw 400 a couple of times to the offencive weapons he has and gave Culpepper no reason to do as bad as he did (2 TD's 3 Ints in 4 games). Plummer is way past his prime and threw more ints this season (in the not whole season he started) than Carr (13-12 but Carr started 16 games next to Plummers 11). we'll see how Garcia does in the playoffs but he wont join a team that went 6-10 with the offencive genious of Kubes on the sideline calling the plays.
demecoryans#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by demecoryans#1fan View Post
Harrington, let me say that again, Harrington had to salvage the season and threw 400 a couple of times to the offencive weapons he has and gave Culpepper no reason to do as bad as he did (2 TD's 3 Ints in 4 games).
harrington sucked a thousand times more than culpepper this season. it's not even close. harrington blows and should never take another snap in the NFL again.

as for culpepper, we're not giving him up. when he's healthy, he'll be dominant.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #10
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
harrington sucked a thousand times more than culpepper this season. it's not even close. harrington blows and should never take another snap in the NFL again.

as for culpepper, we're not giving him up. when he's healthy, he'll be dominant.
Change when to if he's healty?
Old 01-02-2007   #11
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected

Culpepper would be worse than Carr.
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #12
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Should I answer this?
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 297218 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do you think he would be a good fit here in Houston next year?
Nope
Old 01-02-2007   #14
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Sure, why not.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #15
SnakeOilTanker
Veteran

he is not a good runner anymore, so i'd say no fit
SnakeOilTanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #16
AggieTexan24
Rookie

is he a free agent?
AggieTexan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #17
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

With a realy good O-line he might be, but that seems to be in short supply right at the moment, besides he fumbles more than Carr does.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #18
reilli
Rookie

I went to Dolphins training camp and Culpepper looked great. Then I went to the Texans/Dolphins game and he looked like crap, he couldn't move! I don't think he's going to be able to come back 100% from the knee injury and be any kind of scrambler - he'll be like Bledsoe and get sacked all the time cuz he can't move.

Not an upgrade in my opinion. But what do I know?
reilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #19
PoolMaster21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
With a realy good O-line he might be, but that seems to be in short supply right at the moment, besides he fumbles more than Carr does.
Agreed - Culpepper would be more of the same, except older and more broken down - at least Carr can scramble for a first down!

Of the FA QBs out there my first choice would be Garcia.
PoolMaster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #20
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolMaster21 View Post
Agreed - Culpepper would be more of the same, except older and more broken down - at least Carr can scramble for a first down!

Of the FA QBs out there my first choice would be Garcia.
I doubt the Iggles let Garcia get out of town and he seems to want to stay there anyway.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read