Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-01-2007   #1
skillz24
Rookie

Default Trade IT...

I think we should offer New England our 8th overall selection for their two first rounders. This looks like a workable deal...the 8th pick is worth 1400 points while thier two late first rounders look to equal out to that in this deal. It would give Houston an opportunity seriously to fill important holes in our roster. This trade would depend on whether or not there is going to be a player with the qualiber of talent avaible to fit New Englands scheme to get this transaction under way.

1st RND 27 overall most likely: Daymeion Hughes CB CAL
1st RND 29 overall: Levi Brown OT Penn State

I have had my eye on these two athletes all season and they look to fit in our system perfectly.
skillz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #2
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Trade IT...

Maybe we can trade a 3rd round pick for IT and give it to Carr. That would solve all of our problems.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #3
cadahnic
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillz24 View Post
I think we should offer New England our 8th overall selection for their two first rounders. This looks like a workable deal...the 8th pick is worth 1400 points while thier two late first rounders look to equal out to that in this deal. It would give Houston an opportunity seriously to fill important holes in our roster. This trade would depend on whether or not there is going to be a player with the qualiber of talent avaible to fit New Englands scheme to get this transaction under way.

I have had my eye on these two athletes all season and they look to fit in our system perfectly.
Levi Brown is not a very good fit for our system, there are plenty of better fits that we can find later in the draft. Daymeion Hughes is a decent CB but I'd hate to think that he would be the top guy we get out of the draft. I'm not a fan of trading down this far. This draft is relatively deep at some positions but is not very top heavy with superior talent, so I'd prefer to stay at our current pick where we can get one of those relatively elite players unless we get a really good offer.
Old 01-01-2007   #4
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

While I would like to get the 2 first's the Patriots have, there is no way they'll package both of them. In fact, it's unlikely they'll move substantially up at all.

Also, I would never endorse a deal that brought Levi Brown to Houston, except on a visiting team. He's got second day talent, though he'll probably be drafted high due to someone forcing an OT pick. Before anyone thinks I'm hating on Penn State, I'd love to see Pozluszny in that spot.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #5
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Depending on the playoffs, you have a good BINGO!

#8= 1400 - (#22) 780 -(#28) 660 = -40...close enough
Old 01-01-2007   #6
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

That is actually not a bad deal...maybe we could get another late rounder as well (6th rounder?).
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #7
Historyhorn
Veteran

Rep Power: 39 Historyhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The Pats would never go for something like this. Remember this is a franchise that lets top talent go if they get too overpriced, believing they can replace through the draft and let their system work its magic. In other words, they aren't beholden to individual stars.

I think the Patriots would much rather take two late first rounders and turn them into world beaters unde Belicheck.

It would be good for the Texans, because we need as many first day picks to fill holes as possible, but you have to have a partner who will dance with you and in this case, the Pats are the last franchise I'd expect to do so.

Go Texans
Historyhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2007   #8
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Depending on the playoffs, you have a good BINGO!

#8= 1400 - (#22) 780 -(#28) 660 = -40...close enough
I'd make that trade ... you could get Nelson or Landry one should be there . Then you could get the BPA at a need .
Old 01-02-2007   #9
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I'd make that trade ... you could get Nelson or Landry one should be there . Then you could get the BPA at a need .
Actually it's doubtful either one of those players will last past pick 20.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #10
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historyhorn View Post
The Pats would never go for something like this. Remember this is a franchise that lets top talent go if they get too overpriced, believing they can replace through the draft and let their system work its magic. In other words, they aren't beholden to individual stars.

I think the Patriots would much rather take two late first rounders and turn them into world beaters unde Belicheck.

It would be good for the Texans, because we need as many first day picks to fill holes as possible, but you have to have a partner who will dance with you and in this case, the Pats are the last franchise I'd expect to do so.

Go Texans

ding,ding,ding...that is why this thread is null and void.. i dont think id want to do it anyway... i like the spot we're at right now
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #11
jlam
Veteran

Rep Power: 138 jlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
Maybe we can trade a 3rd round pick for IT and give it to Carr. That would solve all of our problems.
No need to trade anything for IT, it's readily available on Ebay. Haven't you seen the commercials?
jlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #12
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Quote:

I like it.

We need picks more then anything else.

Since CoachDent is sending in resume to Kubes, maybe you should send in your resume to GM Smith. Ya never know!
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #13
was385
Rookie

I would love to take an OL and Troy Smith who will probably drop to the end of the first or early second. I think he could be a great QB despite his size
was385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #14
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

While I'd be hesitant to give up the 8th overall pick, I think I would make that trade. With as many holes as we have, we need all the help we can get.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read