Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-01-2007   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Rose Bowl: USC vs. Michigan

I dunno, but for my money this is the marquee matchup of this Bowl season.
They just kicked off with Michigan having to punt.
Lot of big names here. One down note, as they just reported the Michigan
LT Long, a junior, says he will stay in school for the 2007 season.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rose Bowl: USC vs. Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I dunno, but for my money this is the marquee matchup of this Bowl season.
They just kicked off with Michigan having to punt.
Lot of big names here. One down note, as they just reported the Michigan
LT Long, a junior, says he will stay in school for the 2007 season.
Long will be a RT in the NFL....
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet both defenses are expecting Vince Young to pop out sometime in the 4th quarter.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #4
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm glad Vince is on my team now, but damn it was fun watching him dominate in college. This game is bor-ing....
Old 01-01-2007   #5
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

If anyone wants to know who I want to draft in 2 years, just watch this game...

The QB from Michigan is just a jr and will probably play another year and then come out, but I have him marked as our future...

That is the reason I say keep Carr for another year...
Old 01-01-2007   #6
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Branch's recovery was BS. He was pushed off the ball and out of the play. The LB knocked the ball out and he just happened to be standing there to fall on it.

I had to get that out because some moron who didn't watch the game will see that stat and assume he actually did something. He is getting owned at the POA.

Also, Dan Mozes was dominated at the POA as well today.
Old 01-01-2007   #7
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan View Post
If anyone wants to know who I want to draft in 2 years, just watch this game...

The QB from Michigan is just a jr and will probably play another year and then come out, but I have him marked as our future...

That is the reason I say keep Carr for another year...
Eh.

I like Hart more. Good blocker as well. Long could turn out to be a McNeil type prospect. He is in a scheme similar to ours and has done well. He may be just athletic enough to anchor a LT spot in the pros, so don't cast him for RT only just yet, especially since he is still going to develop for another year.
Old 01-01-2007   #8
Smokedawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 Smokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden cover

HAHAHAHA at halftime the band is playing "Stairway to Heaven"!lol
Old 01-01-2007   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Branch...not top 10 anymore.
Old 01-01-2007   #10
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52391 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Branch's recovery was BS. He was pushed off the ball and out of the play. The LB knocked the ball out and he just happened to be standing there to fall on it.

I had to get that out because some moron who didn't watch the game will see that stat and assume he actually did something. He is getting owned at the POA.

Also, Dan Mozes was dominated at the POA as well today.
He was pretty far out of the play but he was in the wrong place at the right time.
Old 01-01-2007   #11
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

How's Lawrence Jackson doing??...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
he did not happen to be just standing there to fall on it, he was down on the ground & had to dog paddle, army style, like there was barb wire to crawl under. lol not sure if this is an actual drill they practice but very impressive never the less.

Quote:
I had to get that out because some moron who didn't watch the game will see that stat and assume he actually did something.
sorry but this moran is watching got my eye on the prize

Quote:
He is getting owned at the POA.
another inaccuracy. Alan Branch is owning the interior of the USC line

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #13
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

I'm more impressed by the guy next to Branch. Who is he?
Old 01-01-2007   #14
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I'm more impressed by the guy next to Branch. Who is he?

Terrance Taylor
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #15
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
he did not happen to be just standing there to fall on it, he was down on the ground & had to dog paddle, army style, like there was barb wire to crawl under. lol not sure if this is an actual drill they practice but very impressive never the less.

He was standing with his hands on his hips when he saw the ball hit the ground. He basicly tripped over himself trying to fall on the ball when no one else was close. It is a drill that is practiced, but that is not how it happened.

sorry but this moran is watching got my eye on the prize

I think the Michigan MLB is a player. Instincts off the cart. However, I don't see many "prizes" on Michigan. Maybe Hart.

another inaccuracy. Alan Branch is owning the interior of the USC line

No he's not. He is getting washed out by an undersized C in Kailh. He is being turned and pushed back consistantly. He has been a very small factor. He did move well laterally for his size in the 1st quarter to make a nice tackle, but has done pretty much nothing since. Kailh should be moving up boards, branch should be falling.
in red.
Old 01-01-2007   #16
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
Terrance Taylor
Yes, he has looked better. Lawrence Jackson has been pretty dominant. Jake Long should deff. go back to school and I don't want anyone from Michigan's secondary. Too much cushion, not enough speed, Buchanon would run circles around their tackling.
Old 01-01-2007   #17
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

You can take Leon Hall from my wishlist unless he drops...a lot.
Old 01-01-2007   #18
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

The BCS was right....

HARD TO STOMACH MICHIGAN FANS?!?!

HHAHAHHAHHAAHHHAHHA
Old 01-01-2007   #19
Smokedawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 Smokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden cover

Well Michigan got whooped. what happened to Michigan's "SEC defense"?
Old 01-01-2007   #20
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

WOW ! Didn't expect that kind of winning margin by either team.
Jarrets a fool if he doesn't come out now IMO.
To a lesser degree for sure, but stll like VYs performance in the RB last year.
How can he improve on what he did tonight ?
"Strike the iron when it is hot."
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read