Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-01-2007   #1
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Plummer officially out of Denver

Broncos | Plummer's days with team over
Mon, 1 Jan 2007 08:41:10 -0800

Mike Klis and Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, report Denver Broncos QB Jake Plummer has told teammates and friends he will not return to the team next season and serve as a backup to QB Jay Cutler. Plummer will look to find a starting job with another NFL team.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #2
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: Plummer officially out of Denver

Bills, Tampa Bay, Oakland, KC, Houston, Detroit.
Old 01-01-2007   #3
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't that a moving truck I just saw leave Denver going towards Houston?

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #4
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Shocker.

Not.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #5
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Isn't that a moving truck I just saw leave Denver going towards Houston?
Thats funny there
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #6
brewhaus
All Pro

Has he been spotted in Houston yet?
Old 01-01-2007   #7
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill View Post
Uh? Why Detroit?
Kitna threw for 4200 yards, 21 Td's and comp 62% of his passes in his first year of the offense. And he didn't even use the David Carr excuse of getting sacked 60+ times.

The passing offense is the only thing that works in Detroit.

Houston looks like the right fit to me. Offense he knows and a starting QB he should beat easily in camp.
Old 01-01-2007   #8
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihategeeks View Post
Uh? Why Detroit?
Because they're going to need someone to throw the ball to Calvin Johnson.
texasguy346 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #9
Cook Thom
Rookie

I have serious doubts that Jake Plummer will be an improvement over David Carr. The only way I could see this happen is if the Texans are resigned to a long term rebuilding program and will bring in Plummer as an interim quarterback while they draft and season the new quarterback.
Cook Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #10
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Snake's on a plane...to Houston?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook Thom View Post
The only way I could see this happen is if the Texans are resigned to a long term rebuilding program and will bring in Plummer as an interim quarterback while they draft and season the new quarterback.
Bingo.

Should I order my new #16 Plummer jersey in Steel Blue, Liberty White, or Battle Red? What the hey, I'll get all three.
Old 01-02-2007   #11
TigerV1
All Pro

Rep Power: 91 TigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Snake's on a plane...to Houston?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Bingo.

Should I order my new #16 Plummer jersey in Steel Blue, Liberty White, or Battle Red? What the hey, I'll get all three.

LOL! You can never have too many jerseys. Hehe.
TigerV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248345 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill View Post
Has the Bills said anything about getting rid of Losman?? last I heard, they were satisfied at the QB position.....

Same thing with Tampa Bay, Oakland, & Detroit.... we might not think highly of their QBs, but they all have problems, glaring problems much worse than their QBs....

Tampa Bay couldn't get their run game going..... They've got Simms, who Gruden may not be in love with, but the kids made plays..... they've got GradKowski..... who Gruden is in love with, and has shown lots of promise..... then they have Rattay while not A-List, he's definitely worthy of a Roster spot.

Detroit... while I'm sure they'd love to have a QB of the future on their roster, Jake Plummer doesn't help that situation, besides, there are probably no teams in the league in need of Defensive playmakers more than the Detroit Lions...

Oakland.... QB won't change much there. They need to figure out who their coach is going to be....... who their receivers are going to be.... who their running back is going to be...... & who are going to start on their offensive line.

KC............ they've already got enough old guys competing for the starter position.
Old 01-02-2007   #13
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. Are we trying to start a caveman clan here?

Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #14
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Bingo.

I would wait. Plummer might pull a Domanick Davis and change his name and number.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #15
torontooilfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 torontooilfan was voted MVPtorontooilfan was voted MVPtorontooilfan was voted MVP

Mark my words...

Detroit will not take a WR with their first round pick. Millen would be tarred and feathered if he did that.

They are a lock to draft a QB first. Brohm or Quinn will be their pick, or even Russell if his stock continues to rise.
Old 01-02-2007   #16
carter08
truth.

Rep Power: 70 carter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respectedcarter08 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to carter08

I'm poor
I'll just have to put duct tape on my old Carr jersey and get a sharpie
carter08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #17
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
I would wait. Plummer might pull a Domanick Davis and change his name and number.
Who? You mean Domanick Williams?

j/k
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #18
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

raiders or bucs.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #19
coachdent
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 coachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to coachdent

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346 View Post
Because they're going to need someone to throw the ball to Calvin Johnson.
They will burn that city down (again) if the Lions draft another receiver in the first round.

Last edited by coachdent; 01-02-2007 at 12:42 PM. Reason: spell
coachdent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #20
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachdent View Post
They will burn that city down (again) if the Lions draft another receiver in the first round.
Yeah it was a joke, but it would be funny if the Raiders passed on Johnson leaving Millen in a tough position. Assuming he wasn't able to trade out of the spot he could be forced to pass on arguably the top talent in the draft because he's 1 for 3 picking WRs in the first round.
texasguy346 is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read