Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-01-2007   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Anthony Maddox gets some love from SI

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200.../week17/3.html

Quote:
Defensive Player of the Week

Anthony Maddox, DT, Houston. The second-year player from the football powerhouse of Delta State strip-sacked Cleveland quarterback Charlie Frye, recovered the fumble and ran it back 47 yards for the clinching touchdown in the third quarter of the Texans' 14-6 win over Cleveland. For the day, Maddox had nine tackles, and the Texans finished the season a respectable 3-2 in their last five games.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #2
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 11712 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO
Default Re: Anthony Maddox gets some love from SI

Bump - YEA Maddox!!! A funny line from him in the chronic...

Quote:
Dunta Robinson had to practically pry the football out of Anthony Maddox's hands. The defensive tackle had just scored his first career touchdown, and Robinson wanted him to throw the ball into the stands.

Maddox wasn't gripping it for sentimental value, although no one would have blamed him if he had. After all, his 47-yard touchdown run came after he sacked Browns quarterback Charlie Frye to spawn the fumble and subsequent return that was key in the Texans' 14-6 victory over Cleveland on Sunday at Reliant Stadium.

Maddox, who was on the practice squad until Oct. 10, was gripping the ball because he didn't want to pay the $5,000 league fine.

"Everything C.C. (Brown) did (after a first-quarter interception) — he threw the ball in the stands, so I said, 'Let's keep it going,' " Robinson said. "Maddox didn't want to throw it in the stands. He was like, 'I need my money.' I said, 'Give it to me. I'll take the fine.' I took it, chucked it and made some fan happy."...

..."I ran out of gas 30 yards down the field," Maddox said. "I was thinking, 'Where can I find some energy to get in the end zone?' I thought somebody would want to tackle me, but no one wanted to. So I had to keep running. Afterward, they were all just trying to congratulate me, but I was like, 'Just let me sit down first.' "
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Five year contract. Get it done, Rick.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #4
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ View Post
Bump - YEA Maddox!!! A funny line from him in the chronic...
That to funny.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #5
Stampede
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 Stampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballotStampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

You can't help but root for a guy like Maddox. Best of luck to him. When I heard his story it kinda reminded me of an old oilers player, I think his name was Eugene Seal. Does that sound right?
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #6
TSgt.Texan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede View Post
You can't help but root for a guy like Maddox. Best of luck to him. When I heard his story it kinda reminded me of an old oilers player, I think his name was Eugene Seal. Does that sound right?
I remember Eugene Seal he knocked out a Redskin on a kick off once.
TSgt.Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #7
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede View Post
I thought it was Montgomery. But I could be wrong. That was the good ole days with Buddy Ryan as our D coordinator.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-01-2007   #8
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

That's great to see Maddox getting some love from the national media.

And great quotes from the man of the hour.
Old 01-01-2007   #9
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

95 was in the backfield causing havoc all day. He has definitely earned a spot on this roster for next year.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read