Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-01-2007   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default McNair makes another strange comment...

On Fox Sports Extra last night McNair was questioned about Carr's future. He answered by saying that they needed someone to replace Carr and "there are 20 quarterbacks in the league that aren't as good as David Carr." Does this include backup and practice squad guys? If he is referring to starting NFL quarterbacks he is obviously completely off his rocker.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #2
highroller28
Rookie

Default Re: McNair makes another strange comment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
On Fox Sports Extra last night McNair was questioned about Carr's future. He answered by saying that they needed someone to replace Carr and "there are 20 quarterbacks in the league that aren't as good as David Carr." Does this include backup and practice squad guys? If he is referring to starting NFL quarterbacks he is obviously completely off his rocker.
Look out, comments like that get you banned in this place.
Old 01-01-2007   #3
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

I saw a reference to that comment while I was surfing the net. My reaction was the same as yours--it's really not hard to find 20 starting QB's who are better than David.

Here is an off-the-cuff list, not necessarily in order of their relative status:

P. Manning
Brady
Brees
Palmer
McNair
Favre
Rivers
Hasselbeck
Garcia
Romo
Bulger
Pennington
Young
Leinert
Green
Cutler
Kitna
Losman
Vick
Roethlisberger
CowboysTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno, but we can only hope that the ole man is building Carr up to unload
him, becasue if his remark was sincere, well that's probably not a good thing.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by highroller28 View Post
Look out, comments like that get you banned in this place.
no it wont, but making redundant arguments about the same thing in every single thread will though.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #6
Sportsfan
All Pro

Yeah i don't get that comment either. Alzheimers must be setting in.
Just kidding, i like McNair, total class guy.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #7
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysTexansFan View Post
I saw a reference to that comment while I was surfing the net. My reaction was the same as yours--it's really not hard to find 20 starting QB's who are better than David.

Here is an off-the-cuff list, not necessarily in order of their relative status:

P. Manning
Brady
Brees
Palmer
McNair
Favre Played at the same level pretty much IMO.
Rivers
Hasselbeck
Garcia
Romo
Bulger
Pennington - his team is better, but Carr is a better QB.
Young - wow. I'll wait a few to call a rookie QB better.
Leinert - - wow. I'll wait a few to call a rookie QB better.
Green
Cutler - ha, you jest?
Kitna - umm...??
Losman - maybe if he only plays against Faggins and the Texans every week.
Vick
Roethlisberger - I don't know what happened this year, but Carr played better.
my opinions ^^^
Old 01-01-2007   #8
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan View Post
Just kidding, i like McNair, total class guy.
Yeah, I like him a lot too. I hope McNair was just posturing. If Kubiak and Smith conclude that Carr is not the guy for the team, I have little doubt McNair will let them get rid of Carr.
Old 01-01-2007   #9
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
my opinions ^^^
what a total joke....do you even watch games other than the ones Carr is in? that is an embarassing post...some people just dont get it
Old 01-01-2007   #10
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
MCNAIR IS A BRAINDEAD MORON
Old 01-01-2007   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Would you rather have Bud Adams?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #12
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
my opinions ^^^
Hi:

Completely disagree with you about Favre. Even at his advanced age, Favre is far better than Carr (all this is my opinion, of course).

Pennington has a weak arm, but is a much smarter QB who knows how to make plays. Carr has a strong arm and is a great athlete, but has no pocket presence and makes horrible decisions for a 5th year pro.
Which brings me to my next point...

Yes, Young and Leinert are rookies, but have already shown me more than Carr ever has. Leinert with his smarts and pocket presence (behind a line that is unquestionably worse than ours, I might add), and Young with his leadership and playmaking ability.

I also think Cutler is already better than Carr.

Did you see Kitna play yesterday? He carved up Dallas's defense with his sorry cast of characters, which David did not even come close to doing.

If Losman torched Houston, why couldn't Carr do that to Cleveland--an injury riddled team that plays like garbage?

Big Ben has had an off-year, perhaps because of his motorcycle injuries, but he is a Super Bowl champion and played great his first 2 years. If there were no salary cap ramifications and the Steelers were willing to trade Ben for David straight up, you don't think the Texans would take that deal in a heartbeat?
Old 01-01-2007   #13
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:

P. Manning Would Love to Have him...
Brady Would Love to Have him...
Brees Would Love to Have him...
Palmer Would Love to Have him...
McNair Has had worse games than Carr, how is he better?
Favre You have to be kidding
Rivers Would Love to Have him...
Hasselbeck Would Love to Have him...
Garcia 1 year wonder boy at best.
Romo LOL, too funny. No way Jose.
Bulger OMG, he is on his way to the pro bowl, right? Get real
Pennington In no way is this guy better. He does have a better team and OL
Young Can't compare 1 year wonder boy yet
Leinert Can't compare 1 year wonder boy yet
Green Can't comment he was out too long, but they have a running game
Cutler Can't compare a 1 year wonder boy yet
Kitna This guy is bottom meat, please dont even compare him to Carr
Losman Won't last much longer in the NFL. Way too inconsistent to be compared
Vick Isn't a QB, a good running back that goes under center at best
Roethlisberger Oh please, his worst season ever and has a great team around him

Those are my comments about each.
Old 01-01-2007   #14
SLO Texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
No, I'm pretty sure that's you.

The only thing you ever have to say is that David and the franchise SUCKS. Did you graduate from HS? Come up with a legitimate argument for once please.
Old 01-01-2007   #15
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan View Post
Those are my comments about each.

Are you are a relative or friend of Carr's?
Old 01-01-2007   #16
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

In my opinion ... here's the teams that have a worse QB situation than us .

Minnesota
Chicago
Tampa
Cleveland
Oakland
Washington
Carolina
Green Bay

I'm thinking they do not pay as much for their QB .
Old 01-01-2007   #17
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post

Detroit
Minnesota
Chicago
Tampa
Cleveland
Oakland

Good post. Your point about factoring in QB compensation is very well taken. The only minor quibble I might have is that Kitna looked great yesterday against Dallas quarterbacking a team worse than ours. Carr looked lousy against Dallas. I also recall that Kitna did a decent job in Cincinnati before giving way to Palmer, the team's golden child. At this point in time for me, decent at low cost >>> mediocre at high cost, IMHO.
Old 01-01-2007   #18
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:

Detroit
Minnesota
Chicago
Tampa
Cleveland
Oakland
Washington
Carolina
Green Bay

I think I'd add the ths fins, cowgirls and jags to this list
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #19
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good post. Your point about factoring in QB compensation is very well taken. The only minor quibble I might have is that Kitna looked great yesterday against Dallas quarterbacking a team worse than ours. Carr looked lousy against Dallas. I also recall that Kitna did a decent job in Cincinnati before giving way to Palmer, the team's golden child. At this point in time for me, decent at low cost >>> mediocre at high cost, IMHO.
I took Detroit off after I looked at their team passing yards . Their better right now .
Old 01-01-2007   #20
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Minnesota
Chicago
Tampa
Cleveland
Oakland
Washington
Carolina
Green Bay

I'd have to disagree with you on Carolina, Green Bay, and Washington. Carolina has Jake Delhomme who is a better QB than Carr is. Washington has had Jason Campbell on the bench for a few years now and should start next season as the #1 QB. And Green Bay has Brett Favre who is a better QB than Carr even if he's a decade older. They also have Aaron Rodgers waiting in the wings.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read