Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-10-2004   #301
Trogdor014
Veteran

Who got beat on this one? Please don't say Glenn...
Trogdor014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004   #302
WildCat_Texan
Veteran

Hell of a fight...nothing to be ashamed of.
WildCat_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004   #303
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

what a crappy day. what happened on that last play? who got burnt.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004   #304
burntheends
Rookie

what a horrible freaking day for texas sports...should a hang myself now or after the astros blow game 5?
burntheends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004   #305
FatTabbyMama
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to FatTabbyMama Send a message via Yahoo to FatTabbyMama

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCat_Texan
Agreed, ONCE THEY STARTED PASSING THE BALL.

Here's hoping Dom took some damn notes on the 2nd half...
FatTabbyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004   #306
FatTabbyMama
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntheends
what a horrible freaking day for texas sports...should a hang myself now or after the astros blow game 5?
Guess I shouldn't mention the UT/OU game either, huh?

Hey...we didn't do bad at all in the 2nd half...so keep the rope. You'll need it for when they want to round up all the coaches a few games from now.
Old 10-10-2004   #307
SmoochyTX
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 2159 SmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCat_Texan
I totally agree. Our defense was pretty darn good today. Great passing by Carr. This isn't a game that somebody can use as arsenal to make fun of the Texans by any means.
SmoochyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-10-2004   #308
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoochyTX
I totally agree. Our defense was pretty darn good today. Great passing by Carr. This isn't a game that somebody can use as arsenal to make fun of the Texans by any means.
yea but im tired of losing.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004   #309
FatTabbyMama
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth
yea but im tired of losing.
Better to have lost in OT than to have lost like it looked like we were going to in the 1st half...
Old 10-10-2004   #310
Trogdor014
Veteran

Vinny, who was responsible for the last TD? I saw Sharper chasing him, but I wouldn't think that we would have a LB on a WR.
Trogdor014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004   #311
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor014
Vinny, who was responsible for the last TD? I saw Sharper chasing him, but I wouldn't think that we would have a LB on a WR.
What amazed me on that play is we had NOBODY over the top. NOBODY. I find it hard to believe that we didn't have a S over the top, but when I look at the dropped ball a couple of plays earlier we didn't have anyone over the top then either. I guess Capers figured the Vikings would settle for field goals only and wouldn't take shots at the end zone in OT. I guess some teams play to win.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004   #312
Oilers/Texans
Veteran

What difference does it make? NONE!! If you lose looking great in overtime or lose looking pathetic, it makes no difference..you still lose!
Oilers/Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004   #313
Mischief
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mischief Send a message via Yahoo to Mischief

I love how CBS post game show over here said absolutely NOTHING about Carr, who had the 2nd best stats for the day behind Culpepper. Don't get me wrong, Culpepper is a great QB, but this has to be Carr's best game ever.

And they showed a few clips of some of AJ's awesome catches, but didn't really comment on him having the most receiving yards for the day so far.

What happened to DD? Did MIN just shut him down or did Capers pull him out? I don't understand... (remember I watched mostly stats today, didn't get to see the game).

That sucks about Fox cutting the game off back home... you think people that work for a broadcasting company have half a brain...

In the words of the late Rodney Dangerfield... "We get no respect!"
Old 10-10-2004   #314
greenenergy1
noob

Default reply

my wife just had the same comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
greenenergy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004   #315
FatTabbyMama
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers/Texans
What difference does it make? NONE!! If you lose looking great in overtime or lose looking pathetic, it makes no difference..you still lose!
LOL. Stat wise, yes. I guess it's just a matter of personal pride...one thing to say you lost, but played well (even if it was in the 2nd half when someone woke up...lol) and another to say you lost cause you just played a crappy game.
Old 10-10-2004   #316
Mischief
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mischief Send a message via Yahoo to Mischief

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenenergy1
my wife just had the same comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, actually this is the hubby. But Mischief agrees and is sitting right here while I type...
Old 10-10-2004   #317
NoBullTexan
Veteran

Cool Slow Start

Actually this has been the Capers philosophy all along with this new team from game one, year one; play the game on offense to stay close (didn't quite work for the first half), and then try for the win in the fourth quarter. DC played a vailiant game, but he just started too far back, although to give Dom his due, we did tie it up in the fourth quarter, and we held them in the first possession of O.T., we just couldn't finish it off.

I hope DC's sprained ankle is not too bad. We are really gonna need everybody for the Titan game.

I too noticed that DD is not the real answer at RB. Either Hollings, or Wells needs to really pick us up, or we are gonna have to draft, or get a real hoss in free agency. I like DD, he is just a tad small, and way too slow. But he'll give everything he's got on every play.
Old 10-10-2004   #318
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

We had our chance in overtime. I'm sorry but i dont expect any defense to be able to stop the Vikings twice in overtime. Especially after stopping them so many times in the 4th qtr. They were not the number 1 offense in the NFL for no reason.

Stupid Fox went to a news report right at the critical 3rd down in the game to tell us what they just told us, that the Astros lost.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004   #319
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

A loss still is a loss but they did finally wake up and I'm sure put a scare in the Vikings.

I think this team has got great heart. I do question some of their offensive game planning though.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004   #320
NoBullTexan
Veteran

Angry Officiating

I'm not trying to be a spoil sport because we lost, but did anyone else notice how horrible the officiating was in this game? Blow to the helmet by Steve Martin on DC, no call!. Fourth quarter Mewelde Moore takes a flats pass, Sharper gets a flagrant push in the back, no call! That was just two of the no calls. Terrible!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read