Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-01-2007   #1
Proteus
Rookie

Default Help me out with this "Adios Ocho" rumor

I didn't get to watch the game today (driving to the in-laws 8 hours away). When I got there, I heard there was was fan in crowd with a sign that said "Adios Ocho", or something like that. Is that true, and did anyone punch him in the face or buy him a beer?
~Proteus
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #2
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Help me out with this "Adios Ocho" rumor

its true. it was a little sign though. and unfortunatly they went back to the game and didnt keep the camera on him the entire 3 hours so i cant answer your other questions.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #3
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes I saw it. Never underestimate the disapointment at the loss of Vincent. Wasn't there. Didn't buy him a beer. His coins he wants to boo , his right.
Old 01-01-2007   #4
trublu
Veteran

Yeah, it's true.

But, I'd say it was more like a flyer than a sign. It was on a regular sheet of paper.
trublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #5
Proteus
Rookie

Did the commentators make any remarks about the sign/flyer?
~Proteus
Old 01-01-2007   #6
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

No it was a breif camera shot. "scan the crowd shot" after a comercial.

But WHAT WAS SAID for the second conscecutative week....

Spencer's injury is more than just usual. The term, once again

"CAREER THREATENING" was used and discussed. This isn't coming out of thin air.
Someone from the Staff is telling these guys this in the meetings.

So where is the freind guy who has seen Charles "running lightly " ?

Inqiring minds want to know.
Old 01-01-2007   #7
Proteus
Rookie

a Mole, perhaps?
~Proteus
Sponsored links
Old 01-01-2007   #8
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah, i definitely saw it. i forgot about it when the game came on though, it was on for maybe 5 seconds.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #9
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

This was the 1st game that I couldn't make it to. Due to the death of my Father. But I did watch some of the game on TV and saw the sign. What a jerk is all that I could think of. They mentioned trade rumors and Plummer or I may have just thought that, sorry, wasn't in the right state of mind for football... But remain a die hard Texan Fan...
Old 01-01-2007   #10
kikiscafe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
Did the commentators make any remarks about the sign/flyer?
~Proteus
If I remember correctly, the commentators said: "Ocho as refering to number 8", and they did not elaborate more.
kikiscafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
Yeah, it's true.

But, I'd say it was more like a flyer than a sign. It was on a regular sheet of paper.
That guy was like 10 seats down from me....it was just a couple of words on a piece of paper...and I don't think it had anything to do with Vince Young threetoepete (your comeback for any Carr banter)....it had to do with David Carr and our awful passing game. It was just a fan mugging for the camera with what he thought was a cute sign...nothing more than that.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #12
kingh99

Jeez the nerve of that guy. Imagine we used to hang banners, gasp, banners from the Astrodome during games. That was in another time. There was this quaint notion of freedom fo speech that was making the rounds. Really stupid people back then. Freaks.
Old 01-01-2007   #13
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

fyi for those who weren't there, there were thousands more in the stands who felt the same way as the sign holder. All you have to do is listen to what's being said.

People are frustrated, and rightfully so. Five three-and-outs and an interception yesterday among the Texans 8 real drives -- against a terrible defense. The Texans could have beaten maybe two teams yesterday -- the Browns and the Raiders. No, it's not all the QBs fault, but a lot of it is. Average play out of the QB position would be an improvement.

Anyone else see the symbolism of the play that ended the Texans last real drive? [3-7-CLV 35 (2:24) 8-D.Carr left end to CLV 42 for -7 yards (95-K.Wimbley).] Naked boot that didn't fool Wimbley -- Carr slippped and fell hard on his butt to end the drive.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #14
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Yes I saw it. Never underestimate the disapointment at the loss of Vincent. Wasn't there. Didn't buy him a beer. His coins he wants to boo , his right.
3toepete I am begining to think you have a latent VY Mancrush!

Old 01-01-2007   #15
joedinkle
Veteran

Rep Power: 60 joedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respected

I was at the game and didn't see it, but what I did notice was that everytime Carr did something bad, interception, 3 and out, etc, they brought out the Texans Cheerleaders...which I didnt mind.
joedinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #16
A Texan
Veteran

It wasn't the only anti-Carr sign they showed. There was a lady holding a sign that said something like "bye-bye Carr" or something like that. When are the Texans going to get the message?
A Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedinkle View Post
I was at the game and didn't see it, but what I did notice was that everytime Carr did something bad, interception, 3 and out, etc, they brought out the Texans Cheerleaders...which I didnt mind.
you didn't see it because it was one sheet of paper held up for a few seconds in a sea of 60 thousand or however many people were there. There were anti-Carr signs all over the place though...you didn't have to look far. The title to this thread is misleading...there is no real "rumor" here other than the rumor some guy held up a small sign that said adios to Carr.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #18
Charter PSL Fan
Rookie

The crowd at the Browns game proved their football intellegence by booing the Texans offense for kneeling down at the end with the game won. I guess that option is not on Madden football.
Charter PSL Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #19
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
fyi for those who weren't there, there were thousands more in the stands who felt the same way as the sign holder. All you have to do is listen to what's being said.

People are frustrated, and rightfully so. Five three-and-outs and an interception yesterday among the Texans 8 real drives -- against a terrible defense. The Texans could have beaten maybe two teams yesterday -- the Browns and the Raiders.
So true. I was sitting in several sections yesterday (taking advantage of the opportunity to shop for more seats) and the fans were very vocal on Carr...and not to his benefit. The smack yodelers in attendance were not nice.

Yesterday's win was ugly. I don't see it as a win per se, we just sucked less than the Brownies did. Yes, a win is a win is a win...but some are just flat out fugly...like this one.

Dallas lost to Detroit. Gotta love it!

Browns fans were very cool, nice fans to banter with.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #20
jayjordan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter PSL Fan View Post
The crowd at the Browns game proved their football intellegence by booing the Texans offense for kneeling down at the end with the game won. I guess that option is not on Madden football.
No its bad when you dont have enough confidence in your team or QB to get a easy touchdown on the BROWNS. Even when they played the titans what other team or QB would not have tried to march down the field for a field goal or something? No not DC he kneeled it. He has no confidence in self and I doubt his teammates do.
jayjordan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read