Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-31-2006   #1
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

Default Just having some fun

Alright...what can I say... I am excited for 2007...so I know its a stretch, for there are no draft picks or free agents yet, but here I am predicting our 2007 results. Have your shot, hear is mine:

Titans-

We split, 1-1.

Colts-

We split 2-2

Jaguars-

We sweep. 4-2

@Carolina
Win 5-2

@Atlanta
Win 6-2

vs. New Orleans
Loss 6-3

vs. Tampa Bay
Win 7-3

@San Diego
Loss 7-4

@Oakland
Win 8-4
vs. Kansas City
Loss 8-5

vs. Denver
Loss- 8-6

Buffalo
Win 9-6

Cleveland
Win 10-6

10-6...completely possible... but ofcourse im optimistic... what do you guys think?
Old 12-31-2006   #2
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just having some fun

While I think it's way to early to predict wins and losses against next year's schedule, I don't think 10 wins is unreasonable. That's a 4 game improvement over this year, which was a 4 game improvement over last year.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #3
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 22184 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to see a 10-6 season, IMO I think the Texans have alot of holes to fill before that can happen.
Old 01-01-2007   #4
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESAD2-14 View Post
I would love to see a 10-6 season, IMO I think the Texans have alot of holes to fill before that can happen.
A lot of holes were caused by guys getting hurt, even some unknowns like Chris McKenzie and Wali Rainer.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #5
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmm get out the weggie board the day of the last game of the season. Before free agency. Before the combine and the draft....

Brilliant !!!
Ah nope. I pass.
Old 01-01-2007   #6
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
While I think it's way to early to predict wins and losses against next year's schedule, I don't think 10 wins is unreasonable. That's a 4 game improvement over this year, which was a 4 game improvement over last year.
well i say since we won 3 times as many games this year than last that we win 18 next year and that would at least put us in the super bowl.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #7
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i told some friends today that i think the texans have a good chance to go 10-6 in 07, but i'd be happy with a .500 season
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-01-2007   #8
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

I don't think we can pull out wins in Atlanta and Carolina. Unless we strengthen our OL, Julius Peppers will have a field day, and I think the Falcons just had an off year.
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #9
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

8-8
Old 01-01-2007   #10
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stros5Texans80 View Post
I don't think we can pull out wins in Atlanta and Carolina. Unless we strengthen our OL, Julius Peppers will have a field day, and I think the Falcons just had an off year.
I disagree I think the Falcons will have a new head coach so who knows how good /bad thay will be next year. IMO this game is a toss up until the Coaching thing is worked out.

Edit to my post: 01/01/07 10:30 p.m. Just saw info. on ESPN Jim Mora fired as Falcon Head Coach.

Last edited by Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry; 01-01-2007 at 10:07 PM. Reason: new info.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #11
AggieTexan24
Rookie

i think we'll split atlanta/carolina. i also think we'll upset a team that we arent supposed to beat-maybe sd, kc or denver. but i also think we wont beat every team we're supposed to... im sure we'll get upset by maybe a cleveland or a buffalo. so where does that put us?
i say we go 8-8 next year..
AggieTexan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #12
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Just having some fun

Wins: Jacksonville at home, Tennessee at home and away, Miami at home, Indy home, at Oakland, at Cleveland

Losses: Indy away, Kansas City, New Orleans, at Carolina, at San Diego.

Toss-ups: Denver at home, at Atlanta, Tampa at home, at Jacksonville

That puts us at 8-8 or thereabouts. We could be anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6. I'd actually be okay with that as long as they looked like a football team and were building something instead of just trying to win a few games.

**I'm guessing that we could make the playoffs giving that we have a good offseason**
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #13
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see us sweeping Jacksonville again. It would be nice though. Let's see what Kubes & Co. have in store for us this offseason.
Old 01-01-2007   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I predict we will not lose a home game for '07.....

and we'll sweep the Colts.
Old 01-01-2007   #15
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I predict we will not lose a home game for '07.....

and we'll sweep the Colts.
Sooo, 13-3 again?

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #16
jhowie007
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to jhowie007 Send a message via Yahoo to jhowie007

If Carr is QB - Texans go 6-10

If Texans put another player at QB, Texans go 8-8 or 9-7 and have a shot at a Wild Card.
jhowie007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read