Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-31-2006   #1
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jake the Snake

Just heard a big rumour from Mike Carlson who does the NFL coverage over here that Jake Plummer looks set to rejoin Kubiak in Houston for '07.

This would be massive i reckon, both for Houston and for Carr, who could get on with his career elsewhere, i think the guy has a lot of talent but clearly needs a fresh start if he's to deliver on it.

Anybody else heard anything on this? can't link the information as it was on Channel 5 (UK) just now.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #2
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink Re: Jake the Snake

Kubes said he's sticking with Carr on 610 radio show last week regardless of how he plays. He said he and the FO has no interest in Plummer because they have the position filled with Carr.

If true need LINK guy.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #3
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jake the Snake

Unfortunately, I think that will come true; however, I don't think Plummer is an upgrade over Carr. I don't want to think about sitting through a season with him at the helm...
Old 12-31-2006   #4
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

We've known this for months. Some are just accepting it recently, though.

Kubes said Carr was his man, just like Shannahan said Plummer was his man. I smell an avatar bet brewing.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #5
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
Kubes said he's sticking with Carr on 610 radio show last week regardless of how he plays. He said he and the FO has no interest in Plummer because they have the position filled with Carr.

If true need LINK guy.
I'm sorry i'm over here in the UK and don't really keep in touch, the thing i just heard was litterally on UK TV about 10 mins ago and was from the presenter on 5 TV, so i'd say whatever Kubes said on the radio is more reliable.

I was only asking for some info on what i heard, cheers.
We will remember them.
Old 12-31-2006   #6
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Troy Smith or JaMarcus Russel should be our pick next year. I actually think our D-Line is set and that we don't need to draft Alan Branch or Gaines Adams.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #7
welsh texan
Lest we forget

If we prefer Carr to Plummer then does anybody worth having drop as far as Houston in the Draft though? Or are we better off keeping the QB position as it is and giving Carr another season behind the improved line?

Carr has improved this season to be fair, maybe not as much as some people would like but on the whole he is on the up, maybe Kubes could still make him that top 5 QB?
We will remember them.
Sponsored links
Old 12-31-2006   #8
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Welsh,

I don't know that Carr is going to be able to turn things around in Houston; however, it still seems pretty costly a cap hit to trade/cut him - especially if it is done so we can bring in another "average" veteran qb. I would rather lets Rosenfels battle Carr for the starting position and draft a young qb in the second or third rounds.

We'll see how this plays out over the next few months.

Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2006   #9
demecoryans#1fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
Unfortunately, I think that will come true; however, I don't think Plummer is an upgrade over Carr. I don't want to think about sitting through a season with him at the helm...
im new here so please dont take any of this too seriously but i think kubiak will give carr one more year till he starts looking for a new quarterback and i doubt that he will take a draft pick over a plummer who is on the downside of his carreer and past.
demecoryans#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #10
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Troy Smith or JaMarcus Russel should be our pick next year. I actually think our D-Line is set and that we don't need to draft Alan Branch or Gaines Adams.

Well, Anthony Weaver notched 1 sack this year as our DE, and Mario should be improving on his 4.5 sacks next season. I imagine Payne will be cut because of salary, and who knows if Travis Johnson will be back. This team still needs DL help.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #11
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh *#$%! Jake the Mistake! I hope not, talk about taking two steps back.
Old 12-31-2006   #12
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

It would be a good move for us. For all of his faults, Plummer knows this offense and the mistakes he makes are errant passes, not poor pocket presence or an inability to make game changing decisions.

He will solidify the QB position for us and allow the team to continue moving forward.

He is NOT a long term answer though. If we get Plummer.. we need to get a rookie QB either this year or next year to begin grooming as his replacement.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #13
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quinton Porter. The reincarnation of Joe Cool.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #14
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Im very interested in Porter.. I wish we could have seen more of him.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #15
welsh texan
Lest we forget

aww this all makes me very frustrated, we get 4 NFL games per week on average, i don't think Houston have been picked since last seasons Bengals game, although they may have a week when i was unable to watch it this season, we get no CFL at all, not even highlights or anything, and i hate not knowing who's who when we all start discussing the draft.

Happy New Year
We will remember them.
Old 12-31-2006   #16
MrMeToo
All Pro

Anybody is an upgrade over Carr...
Old 12-31-2006   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222469 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
aww this all makes me very frustrated, we get 4 NFL games per week on average, i don't think Houston have been picked since last seasons Bengals game, although they may have a week when i was unable to watch it this season, we get no CFL at all, not even highlights or anything, and i hate not knowing who's who when we all start discussing the draft.

Happy New Year
Start haunting this site and you'll start picking up some things. If you poke around on the net, you can find video on just about anyone you want to see.

Happy New Year!!!
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #18
sleepwalker
Veteran

Plummer is not an upgrade period...Who the heck would want Carr anyways?!?! Yea, I didnt think you could answer that.

Some of you want Sage to play who moved the ball againts a soft Titan's D for 1 half...What a joke.

Carr makes too much money for his poor mental play...I agree with all of you there, however hiring another player Denver didnt even want is NOT the answer.

Plummer is no better than Carr, if you think he is then I want some of what you're smoking please.
sleepwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #19
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post

Happy New Year
Move to America buddy!! In all seriousness though, if you get satellite TV in Wales, do you get all the NFL games? Not sure how that works in other countries.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #20
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

I would love to keep carr next year, but also bring in plummer. Let them battle it out. I would just hate to spend a draft pick on a QB when we are close to becoming a playoff team, but we need to fill other holes. Honestly, the quarterback position isn't a desperate need to fix right now. Our other cornerback, other linebackers, safetys, o linemen, interior d linemen, THOSE ARE NEEDS, not so much quarterback. I am kind of neutral on the whole Carr deal. I want to keep him, because I believe he hasn't been given a legit shot, but I also do not want to baby him and I don't really feel like waiting around to see if hes going to make it or not. He is not young, we arent an expansion team, and your o line is going to be legit next season. I want to see if he can step up and be a pro bowl quarterback like he should be, becuase he certainly has the talent, he just needs to put it all together. And I think bringing in competition, might help him put it all together.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read