Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-31-2006   #1
Dime
Hall of Fame

Default Who we are set to lose coming year.

which of these get resigned.

Alexander, Roc DB RFA
Anderson, Charlie LB RFA
Anderson, David WR ERFA
Bedell, Brad OT UFA
Brown, C.C. S ERFA
Bruener, Mark TE UFA
Dalton, Lional DT UFA
Dayne, Ron RB UFA
Earl, Glenn S RFA
Evans, Troy LB UFA
Gado, Samkon RB ERFA
Jackson, Scott OG ERFA
Kalu, N.D. DE UFA
Leach, Vonta FB RFA
Lewis, Derrick WR ERFA
Maddox, Anthony DT RFA
Malone, Alfred DE ERFA
McCleon, Dexter CB UFA
McKenzie, Chris CB ERFA
Moulds, Eric WR UFA
Orr, Shantee LB UFA
Peek, Antwan DE UFA
Polk, DaShon LB UFA
Rainer, Wali LB UFA
Salaam, Ephraim OT UFA
Sanders, Lewis CB UFA
Scott, Guss DB RFA
Stanley, Chad P UFA
Steele, Ben TE RFA
Walter, Kevin WR UFA
Old 12-31-2006   #2
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Who we are set to lose coming year.

We keep in BOLD , the rest see ya

Alexander, Roc DB RFA
Anderson, Charlie LB RFA
Anderson, David WR ERFA
Bedell, Brad OT UFA
Brown, C.C. S ERFA
Bruener, Mark TE UFA
Dalton, Lional DT UFA
Dayne, Ron RB UFA
Earl, Glenn S RFA
Evans, Troy LB UFA
Gado, Samkon RB ERFA
Jackson, Scott OG ERFA
Kalu, N.D. DE UFA
Leach, Vonta FB RFA
Lewis, Derrick WR ERFA
Maddox, Anthony DT RFA
Malone, Alfred DE ERFA
McCleon, Dexter CB UFA
McKenzie, Chris CB ERFA
Moulds, Eric WR UFA

Orr, Shantee LB UFA
Peek, Antwan DE UFA

Polk, DaShon LB UFA
Rainer, Wali LB UFA
Salaam, Ephraim OT UFA
Sanders, Lewis CB UFA
Scott, Guss DB RFA
Stanley, Chad P UFA
Steele, Ben TE RFA
Walter, Kevin WR UFA

Don't really care for the rest.

Last edited by Imatexanfan; 12-31-2006 at 08:54 PM.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #3
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO
Default Re: Who we are set to lose coming year.

Lose Leach and Maddox, Imatexan? The rest I can kinda see.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #4
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink Re: Who we are set to lose coming year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ View Post
Lose Leach and Maddox, Imatexan? The rest I can kinda see.
Keep Leach and Maddox, my bad dawg

Last edited by Imatexanfan; 12-31-2006 at 08:53 PM.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #5
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
Keep Leach lose Maddox, my bad dawg
Lose Maddox? Maddox is the best freaking lineman next to Mario out there. Maddox is why the nex GM Smith is doing an unbelievable job finding guys. Maddox couldn't beat out the starters at Jacksonville so he got cut. The Jacksonville D line is regarded as one of the best if not the best in football or was for sure last year and the year before. You don't know what you are talking about if you are cutting Maddox and Glen Earl isn't going anywhere either. Malone's been decent too but nothing like Maddox who is an absolute ball hawk. Do you watch the game? I hate to be a jerk but you're out to lunch on these observations. Anderson might be the next Steve Tasker too.
Old 12-31-2006   #6
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Umm, Mould's isn't a FA, we restructured his contract when we brought him over, he's here for 2 more yrs. minimum. You really should go down the list and look at the current contract situations, because I'm sure Mould's isn't the only one who's status is off. Then whenever it's trimmed down post the new list. I might do it myself, but I don't know when I'd get around to putting it up.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #7
Dime
Hall of Fame

the site I used was

http://www.theredzone.org/2007/freeagents/

they apparently havent updated some of the players.
Old 12-31-2006   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime View Post
the site I used was

http://www.theredzone.org/2007/freeagents/

they apparently havent updated some of the players.
Yeah, I just took a quick peek at the QB's, and I'm pretty sure that Simms was signed a week or so ago.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #9
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

You see that run by Maddox today? That made me want to keep him forever , and i sure hope CC is back!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #10
t_flare
Veteran

dude u will need to resign more than u bold.. what your going to have a 30 man roster?
t_flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #11
SLO Texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
You see that run by Maddox today? That made me want to keep him forever , and i sure hope CC is back!
Seriously, and he has been playing well for awhile now. Kubiak has all kinds of good things to say about him as well. This leads me to believe he will definitely be here next season.

P.S.- that TD run was scored right in front of me!! It was sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!
Old 12-31-2006   #12
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

houstonprofootball.com has the cap numbers and stuff on there. We are not losing many players. We should be resigning just about everyone and it shouldn't cost much, so losing players to other teams this offseason is at a minimum.
Old 12-31-2006   #13
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Most to all RFA's will be back. They will cost next to nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #14
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

These guys will at least be with us for training camp.

Alexander, Roc DB RFA
Anderson, Charlie LB RFA
Anderson, David WR ERFA
Bedell, Brad OT UFA
Brown, C.C. S ERFA
Bruener, Mark TE UFA
Dayne, Ron RB UFA
Earl, Glenn S RFA
Gado, Samkon RB ERFA
Kalu, N.D. DE UFA
Leach, Vonta FB RFA
Maddox, Anthony DT RFA
Malone, Alfred DE ERFA
McKenzie, Chris CB ERFA
Moulds, Eric WR UFA
Orr, Shantee LB UFA
Rainer, Wali LB UFA
Sanders, Lewis CB UFA
Steele, Ben TE RFA
Walter, Kevin WR UFA
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #15
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime View Post
which of these get resigned.

Alexander, Roc DB RFA
Anderson, Charlie LB RFA
Anderson, David WR ERFA
Bedell, Brad OT UFA
Brown, C.C. S ERFA
Bruener, Mark TE UFA
Dalton, Lional DT UFA
Dayne, Ron RB UFA
Earl, Glenn S RFA
Evans, Troy LB UFA
Gado, Samkon RB ERFA
Jackson, Scott OG ERFA
Kalu, N.D. DE UFA
Leach, Vonta FB RFA
Lewis, Derrick WR ERFA
Maddox, Anthony DT RFA
Malone, Alfred DE ERFA
McCleon, Dexter CB UFA
McKenzie, Chris CB ERFA
Moulds, Eric WR UFA
Orr, Shantee LB UFA
Peek, Antwan DE UFA
Polk, DaShon LB UFA
Rainer, Wali LB UFA
Salaam, Ephraim OT UFA
Sanders, Lewis CB UFA
Scott, Guss DB RFA
Stanley, Chad P UFA
Steele, Ben TE RFA
Walter, Kevin WR UFA

ERFAs will return as their contracts are formalities, but none are guaranteed anything except CC Brown.

RFAs will get minimum tenders with Earl, Leach, Maddox most likely to have significant roles.

UFA
I think that both Eric Moulds and Kevin Walter signed longer term contracts

Player most interesting to see if they return and at the salary level

Ron Dayne
ND Kalu
S. Orr

Players who have had their time in Houston and I am ok with moving on

Peek
Bruener
Stanley

Back-up players who can be replaced

Any UFA not listed in the three section right above this one.

Really, the Texans are in good shape in terms of the quality of player that they can potentially lose. Any of the FA on the list above can be retained at minimal cost. No player central to the core of the team is in danger of not being here in 2007.

Overall, I expect to see another year of significant turnover with 15-20 new Texans. Not ready to play the name game with FA or draft picks.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #16
texman8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
We keep in BOLD , the rest see ya

Alexander, Roc DB RFA
Anderson, Charlie LB RFA
Anderson, David WR ERFA
Bedell, Brad OT UFA
Brown, C.C. S ERFA
Bruener, Mark TE UFA
Dalton, Lional DT UFA
Dayne, Ron RB UFA
Earl, Glenn S RFA
Evans, Troy LB UFA
Gado, Samkon RB ERFA
Jackson, Scott OG ERFA
Kalu, N.D. DE UFA
Leach, Vonta FB RFA
Lewis, Derrick WR ERFA
Maddox, Anthony DT RFA
Malone, Alfred DE ERFA
McCleon, Dexter CB UFA
McKenzie, Chris CB ERFA
Moulds, Eric WR UFA

Orr, Shantee LB UFA
Peek, Antwan DE UFA

Polk, DaShon LB UFA
Rainer, Wali LB UFA
Salaam, Ephraim OT UFA
Sanders, Lewis CB UFA
Scott, Guss DB RFA
Stanley, Chad P UFA
Steele, Ben TE RFA
Walter, Kevin WR UFA

Don't really care for the rest.
Bruener....still good for running game

Dalton ....did well till he got hurt
Peek ....whatcha got against him?....good pass rusher.nicked up too much
Polk or Anderson....still special teamer
Earl....decent safety.....need to replace CC Brown
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #17
Johnny Utah
All Pro

A few players I think the Texans will cut will be Seth Payne, Kailee Wong, and Domanic Davis.

Salary Cap Figures:

Payne, Seth - Base:$3,200,000 Allocated Bonus: $2,131,720 Total: $5,331,720
Davis, Domanick - Base:$3,340,000 Allocated Bonus: $1,306,720 Total: $4,646,720
Wong, Kailee $2,425,000 $1,171,720 $3,596,720
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #18
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
A few players I think the Texans will cut will be Seth Payne, Kailee Wong, and Domanic Davis.

Salary Cap Figures:

Payne, Seth - Base:$3,200,000 Allocated Bonus: $2,131,720 Total: $5,331,720
Davis, Domanick - Base:$3,340,000 Allocated Bonus: $1,306,720 Total: $4,646,720
Wong, Kailee $2,425,000 $1,171,720 $3,596,720
Two of those guys are about to retire...Wong...perhaps will too.

The reason I think Peek won't be here next year is that he will probably end up with the Patriots and we'll replace him with Earl Cochran.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #19
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
The reason I think Peek won't be here next year is that he will probably end up with the Patriots and we'll replace him with Earl Cochran.
Earl Cochran? You've got to be kidding me.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #20
kenneth24
Veteran

Leach definitely needs to be kept! He has shown more than enough to prove he's an asset. He knows what his job is either lead blocking or catching or receiving!
kenneth24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read