Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-31-2006   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Now that the season is over, is a playoff run realisitic for next season?

Yeah, some of us (me) were predicting the Texans would make a playoff run this season. We improved by four games to finish 6-10. Looking at what we have and where we can improve, do you think the Texans can make the playoffs or at least make a push for it next season? We very well could have finished 9-7 or even 10-6. We lost a close game to the Giants, two close games to the Titans, and Buffalo beat us at the wire. In a league of parity among teams, I can very well see us at least being in the hunt for the playoffs to the very end. A 9-7 record next season should be achievable. I know it's much too early to give any real predictions. Free agency and the draft will be able to give us a much better taste for the team, but what does your gut tell you? Can the Texans be a playoff team next season?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #2
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Smile Re: Now that the season is over, is a playoff run realisitic for next season?

I'll say after the draft and all the FA signings and "good" stuff.

Can't really say...psych!!

Yea we gonna do it next season woohoo!
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #3
ojthecat
Veteran

Default Re: Now that the season is over, is a playoff run realisitic for next season?

playoffs next season?

heck yea!!!!

12-4 next year
Old 12-31-2006   #4
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP
Default Re: Now that the season is over, is a playoff run realisitic for next season?

I don't think so.

If we have as good of a draft next year as we had this year, I see us at 8-8 possibly 9-7 team. Right now, Denver is leading for the final wild card spot and both wild cards will have 10 win seasons.

10 wins would be a real stretch for a team with as many holes as the Texans.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I am sticking to my guns and going with 12-4 and a play off round bye. I was much more optimistic with that forecast in August.
Old 12-31-2006   #6
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

I really hope so,but it depends on the Qb we bring in...

otherwise:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #7
Baranghoori
Veteran

A friend of mine asked me if I thought that we'd get into the playoffs. At first i said yes, but then remembered our projected schedule for next year (I think it's still floating around on these boards somewhere), and i quickly changed my answer to saying that it wasn't probable, but we'd still get above .500.
Baranghoori is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-31-2006   #8
SLO Texan
Veteran

Hells yeah, it's on next season!!!!

With another offseason to fill holes and more familiarity in the new systems we'll be in the hunt!!!

Watching the game live today though I must say David needs to make huge improvements or we need to trade him. When Charlie Frye was looking better than Carr that kinda sold me on the fact he's gotta do something to prove he deserves his job still. At the very least there should be major competition for the starting QB spot next year.

The pass blocking was sub par as usual but Carr was basically absent in todays game. Bring on April!!!!

Go Texans!!!
Old 12-31-2006   #9
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

No.
Old 12-31-2006   #10
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

You don't need to be a complete football team to be a playoff team. It is doubtful that the Texans will be w/o significant flaws next year, but if you are able to win most of your games against bad teams (see cleveland today) and steal a couple more you are in the mix. Doubtful that the Texans can become a clear solid favorite to go deep in the playoffs, but getting into the tournament and hoping to get lucky should be within reach.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #11
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

well at the rate the franchise has been going... we just tripled our win amount...so if we do that again... thats an undefeated season=D.

just playin... but in reality... I think the key in the offseason is bringing in veteran free agents to lead all these rookies we got playing. I could see us being in the playoff picture until week 17 next season, maybe getting a wildcard. If we were in the NFC i would definately say playoffs...but AFC is a tough conference and AFC South is even tougher.
Old 12-31-2006   #12
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

finishing last in the south means we should play 2 fairly weak teams- browns and miami i think.. nfc south is overrated

plus cleveland, raiders(unfortunately) and atlanta will likely have new coaches

depends on the off-season but we could've easily gone 8-8 this year so its possible
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #13
TexanLen
Veteran

I hope so. I think if we can solidify the line and give who ever the QB is more time and protection and get a solid DB, we have a good chance. Health is always a factor too, but that is any team.

I don't know if they will make the playoffs, but gods willing, i will be along for the ride!!!

Adopt a Texan... Can it be a cheerleader?!!!
TexanLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #14
MrMeToo
All Pro

With Carr here..NO!
Without Carr...Maybe.
Old 12-31-2006   #15
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans should make a play-off run next year. It shouldn't take three years to turn the team around.
Old 12-31-2006   #16
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 36225 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

The good thing is, the Texans players (per 610 after game discussion) are telling the fans to make reservations for Arizona next year, site of the Superbowl. Great attitude to have and defintely better than the alternative.

As for me, nope - I don't think a playoff run will happen - but I think we'll have our first winning season and if it includes a playoff - well, that's just icing.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #17
joedinkle
Veteran

Rep Power: 60 joedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't talk to me about playoffs! I just hope we can win a game!
joedinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #18
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wait and see what the offseason hold before doing a Miss Cleo.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #19
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Nope - we should aim for a playoff spot; however, this team is lacking on too many fronts at this point to expect it.
Old 12-31-2006   #20
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 123395 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

We don't know how to "put a team away." Until we learn that, we are not a playoff nor double digit win team. Didn't see today's game, but reading the clips its more like they lost the game. Just hoping for more improvement and our core guys to develop. We need leaders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read