Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Now that the season is over, is a playoff run realisitic for next season?

TexanSam

Hall of Fame
Yeah, some of us (me) were predicting the Texans would make a playoff run this season. We improved by four games to finish 6-10. Looking at what we have and where we can improve, do you think the Texans can make the playoffs or at least make a push for it next season? We very well could have finished 9-7 or even 10-6. We lost a close game to the Giants, two close games to the Titans, and Buffalo beat us at the wire. In a league of parity among teams, I can very well see us at least being in the hunt for the playoffs to the very end. A 9-7 record next season should be achievable. I know it's much too early to give any real predictions. Free agency and the draft will be able to give us a much better taste for the team, but what does your gut tell you? Can the Texans be a playoff team next season?

I'll say after the draft and all the FA signings and "good" stuff.

Can't really say...psych!!

Yea we gonna do it next season woohoo!:yahoo:

I don't think so.

If we have as good of a draft next year as we had this year, I see us at 8-8 possibly 9-7 team. Right now, Denver is leading for the final wild card spot and both wild cards will have 10 win seasons.

10 wins would be a real stretch for a team with as many holes as the Texans.

I am sticking to my guns and going with 12-4 and a play off round bye. I was much more optimistic with that forecast in August.

A friend of mine asked me if I thought that we'd get into the playoffs. At first i said yes, but then remembered our projected schedule for next year (I think it's still floating around on these boards somewhere), and i quickly changed my answer to saying that it wasn't probable, but we'd still get above .500.

Hells yeah, it's on next season!!!!

With another offseason to fill holes and more familiarity in the new systems we'll be in the hunt!!!

Watching the game live today though I must say David needs to make huge improvements or we need to trade him. When Charlie Frye was looking better than Carr that kinda sold me on the fact he's gotta do something to prove he deserves his job still. At the very least there should be major competition for the starting QB spot next year.

The pass blocking was sub par as usual but Carr was basically absent in todays game. Bring on April!!!!

Go Texans!!!

You don't need to be a complete football team to be a playoff team. It is doubtful that the Texans will be w/o significant flaws next year, but if you are able to win most of your games against bad teams (see cleveland today) and steal a couple more you are in the mix. Doubtful that the Texans can become a clear solid favorite to go deep in the playoffs, but getting into the tournament and hoping to get lucky should be within reach.

well at the rate the franchise has been going... we just tripled our win amount...so if we do that again... thats an undefeated season=D.

just playin... but in reality... I think the key in the offseason is bringing in veteran free agents to lead all these rookies we got playing. I could see us being in the playoff picture until week 17 next season, maybe getting a wildcard. If we were in the NFC i would definately say playoffs...but AFC is a tough conference and AFC South is even tougher.

finishing last in the south means we should play 2 fairly weak teams- browns and miami i think.. nfc south is overrated

plus cleveland, raiders(unfortunately) and atlanta will likely have new coaches

depends on the off-season but we could've easily gone 8-8 this year so its possible

I hope so. I think if we can solidify the line and give who ever the QB is more time and protection and get a solid DB, we have a good chance. Health is always a factor too, but that is any team.

I don't know if they will make the playoffs, but gods willing, i will be along for the ride!!!

The Texans should make a play-off run next year. It shouldn't take three years to turn the team around.

The good thing is, the Texans players (per 610 after game discussion) are telling the fans to make reservations for Arizona next year, site of the Superbowl. Great attitude to have and defintely better than the alternative.

As for me, nope - I don't think a playoff run will happen - but I think we'll have our first winning season and if it includes a playoff - well, that's just icing.

s_mora_i.jpg

Don't talk to me about playoffs! I just hope we can win a game!

We don't know how to "put a team away." Until we learn that, we are not a playoff nor double digit win team. Didn't see today's game, but reading the clips its more like they lost the game. Just hoping for more improvement and our core guys to develop. We need leaders.

Back