Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-31-2006   #1
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man
Default Who do you NOT want?

I have read many different players named as possible 1st round selections in the up coming draft. Which player do you NOT want the Texans to draft?

For me it is Ted Ginn Jr. With the problems with the O-line and the secondary, he would not be a big help to this team.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who do you NOT want?

As a #2 option he won't be any help to this team, since we never use our #2 option
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #3
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Gin Jr. And all Day. The bust factor on both is exrtaordinary with those two.
I could live with the DT, CB's Saftey...but to go out and get a feild strecher, when the TV commentators said once again today...spencer's recovery IS in doubt, is very foolish. Can't imagine who the heck McClain's guy is talking about for a first round pick. I truely sudder to think about it. A feild strecher without an OLT prospect is just inept. What the heck do I know. I ain't got a secret source and I ain't in the loop.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 01-01-2007 at 01:41 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #4
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Gin Jr. And all Day. The bust factor on both is exrtaordinary with those two.
I could live with the DT, CB's Saftey...but to go out and get a feild strecher, when the TV commentators said once again today...spencer's recovery IS in doubt, is very foolish. Can't imagine who the heck McClain's guy is talking about for a first round pick. I truely sudder to think about it. Afeild strecher without an OLT prospect is just inept. What the heck do I know. I ain't got a secret source and I ain't in the loop.
I don't consider AP to be much of a bust factor. I dont think he will help our team the most, but I see him as almost a sure fire above average guy at worst.
Old 12-31-2006   #5
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Guys I don't want drafted:

Brady Quinn - Too much like Carr for me
Allen Branch - Doesn't do enough as a DT to warrent top 15 IMO.
Hell, any Dlinemen. - I can't justify tying up that much cap space in one area. Drop offs arent too severe from 1st to 3rd round IMO.
Ginn Jr. - I dont really want a WR, but CJ, Meachem, Bowe, Rice, Jarrett would all be my pick before him.
Plouz - overhyped LB who was outplayed by two other LB's just on his team.
Old 12-31-2006   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want:

1. Brady Quinn- We could get a decent QB who can sit on the bench for a year or two in the 3rd round. If we did draft a QB in the 1st round, I'd take JaMarcus Russell over Quinn.
2. Alan Branch- That would be the 3rd straight year picking a D-lineman and I think the only one worth drafting so high up would be Gaines Adams.
3. Ted Ginn Jr. -I want a WR to take over after Moulds is gone, but I don't want Ginn to be that guy. He's more of just an athlete than a WR, IMO. Johnnie Lee Higgins could be available in the 3rd. Take him instead.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #7
DenverBorn
Veteran

No DL players, please
DenverBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-31-2006   #8
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

no high rb's
no high wr's (this yr)

thats it really
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #9
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

No QB in the 1st. That's pretty much it.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #10
cadahnic
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg01 View Post
No QB in the 1st. That's pretty much it.
Agreed, no punters, kickers, or tight ends in the 1st either. I won't get into specific players this early on.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Brady Quinn.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Brady Quinn.
I second that motion

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #13
jjcorvallis
Rookie

AP- He is a injury prone and behind our line he won't last a week.(And I like Ron Dayne/Chris Taylor)
Brady Quinn- I wouldn't pick a QB for the first pick, and Brady Quinn would be the worst. He's probably the most overrated guy in the draft.
Leon Hall- I think he's overrated. I just don't get why he is projected so high. can some one explain to me? Because his stat doesn't look good at all, and Michigan's passing defense wasn't that good.
jjcorvallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #14
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

Nothing but FS, CB, LB, or OL...
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #15
Newbsies
Rookie

No Defensive Lineman in the First Round!
Old 01-01-2007   #16
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24423 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

No bench warmers.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #17
texaslifter
Veteran

Brady Quinn (doesnt matter, he wont be there at #8)
Adrian Peterson (same)
Any OL in the first
Paul Puz
Aaron Ross

Who I do want

Reggie Nelson in the first
Michael Griffin or Rufus Alexander in the 2nd
OL in the 3rd
OL in the 4th
Rick Smiths choices after that
texaslifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #18
Smokedawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 Smokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden cover

no Quinn
no Smith
no Hall
no AP (til after a physical or something)
no Ginn Jr.
no Woodley
no Branch
Old 01-01-2007   #19
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Branch
Quinn
Russel
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007   #20
Haams
All Pro

Wait a minute, is this a trick question? Are you actually McNair trying to figure out how to piss off the fans this draft? I'm not falling for your dirty tricks this year. The only thing I DEFINATELY do not want is any of those dirty UT players or any other stud player who might have a positive impact on the team.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read