Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-31-2006   #1
BeerFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to BeerFan
Default 6-10. i can live with that

today marked the end of our second best season yet :-/

but we're on the way up
Old 12-31-2006   #2
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA
Default Re: 6-10. i can live with that

At the beginning of the year, most people had the over/under at 6 games. Yeah, I'm fairly happy too. At least we ended on a positive note. I just wish we would've taken a couple of those games we should've had!

Oh well...overall - a better year. Add a couple key FA's and we could make a little noise in 2007!
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #3
TexanLen
Veteran

What made this 6-10 season even better was the 2 wins against a playoff bound Colts team and then not laying down to a bad Browns team. The defense showed character and that they could really make some noise next year with a few key aquisitions. Yes I am happy with 6-10.

Adopt a Texan... Can it be a cheerleader?!!!
TexanLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #4
bayoumaniac
Rookie

Let's see..........last time I checked....6 was 3 times bigger than 2.

6 > 2
Next year, let's double that!
With WHOEVER is our QB.
bayoumaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #5
TexanLen
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoumaniac View Post
Let's see..........last time I checked....6 was 3 times bigger than 2.

6 > 2
Next year, let's double that!
With WHOEVER is our QB.
I agree, maniac. There were still optimists that the Texans would have done better therefore it wasn't good enough. I wasn't one of them.

Old 12-31-2006   #6
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanLen View Post
What made this 6-10 season even better was the 2 wins against a playoff bound Colts team and then not laying down to a bad Browns team. The defense showed character and that they could really make some noise next year with a few key aquisitions. Yes I am happy with 6-10.

Good post man!

The defense looks good but some added help to them would make them elite!
Old 12-31-2006   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

After the first three games the Defense played well .

I think Mario was just hitting his stride against the Giants ... when his foot started acting up . I believe he's only scratched the surface .

I think we were much more competitive ... which made the games watchable .
Old 12-31-2006   #8
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

lets triple our wins next season too
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #9
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

About where i thought they'd end up with significant deficits on offense & defense. Anyone who can't be happy with us tripling our wins, well, get over it VY/RB isn't here. I look forward to a great draft next year & hopefully some key acquisitions in FA. It's going to be tough snagging some of those guys from the likes of tennessee though, i think they've got like 30 million to work with next year.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #10
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

May be the texans had a deal with sports radio 610 to finish 6-10 hmmm
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #11
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

Excellent season. Meeting most of my expectations for most of the year. Let's build up the team more kub in qb and Linemen and we're good for a "real" run.

By the way, I am not breaking the news to Carr. I don't want him telling HEB on me.
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #12
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 274 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Here, Here. I can live with two straight to end the season, too! Go Texans!
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #13
texflex513
All Pro

With the way injuries killed us this year 6-10 is a major improvement. Also a few things go our way in 2 or 3 of those close losses and we are even better. I am already excited about next season.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #14
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedtexansfan513 View Post
lets triple our wins next season too
I believe I posted 4-12 last August. To change philosiphies on both sides of the ball and triple your win total is a very fine job IMHO. Three close ones go our way next year...we've got a chance to see a playoff game. I'd be happy with that in '07.
Old 12-31-2006   #15
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
I believe I posted 4-12 last August. To change philosiphies on both sides of the ball and triple your win total is a very fine job IMHO. Three close ones go our way next year...we've got a chance to see a playoff game. I'd be happy with that in '07.
playoffs might be pushing it IMO. that will depend on what we do in the offseason and our QB situation.

I think we made a huge improvement and finally have a face for our defense. Hello Mr. Ryans.

Now if we could only get a face for the offense....hmmmm
Old 12-31-2006   #16
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Add Laron landry, Asante Samuel, and Lance Briggs to this team and this defense gets FOR REAL....REAL quick! I must say - I really liked the way our backup DT's played. They could get in the mix next year. Still need to find a SOLID DT somewhere. It may have to be Branch. Travis Johnson is prolly gonna get cut and I can't see Payne coming back with that salary compared to the street Free Agents we got!
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #17
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

I am excited for 07, and pleased with 06. It looks like we learned the new system, and that was the main goal this season. We had a new head coach, new coordinators, our draft picks came out and put up a heck of a season. I am expecting at least 8 wins next season.
Old 12-31-2006   #18
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32854 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Big guy says suicide is Never an option!

Old 12-31-2006   #19
TexanLen
Veteran

[QUOTE
The Big guy says suicide is Never an option!

[/quote]

That was rumble in the bayou, there!!!

Old 12-31-2006   #20
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm glad we ended strong. It was a fairly successful season for us. I'd be happier if we didn't look so pathetic in some of our losses (and the Oakland win), but six wins is OK from where we started.

Congratulations Texans.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read