Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-31-2006   #1
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Whats your offseason wishlist?!

A little early, but since the season is over, might as well have something to talk about.

Anyone have a clue when the Texans will pick in the draft now?

Peterson, Quinn, Hall, Branch are probably all out of reach now.

My vote is for ol' Joe Thomas in the first, with a CB or S in the 2nd.

Build the rest of the O-Line through FA.

Carr played for his job today and failed horribly. Hopefully, it will be a vet QB (and not Plummer!) Thats if he's still here.

What is on everyone's Offseason wishlist?

Mine.............Joe Thomas in the draft and Nate Clements in the FA.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Whats your offseason wishlist?!

If Hall does happen to fall to us, I want him. That's about all I have to say.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #3
MrMeToo
All Pro

Just get Carr out of here.
Old 12-31-2006   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

A replacement at QB (plummer)
A rookie QB if a good one is available to us for a good price
A rookie DT
A rookie FS, or a FA FS if a good one is available
Lots more rookie olinemen
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #5
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Re: Whats your offseason wishlist?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeToo View Post
Just get Carr out of here.
Wow well put, and to the point.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #6
leachmtb
Rookie

I would say
OT in first round
S in the second
LB in the third (maybe Kolb in the third only if after the first two rounds, otherwise, not worth it)

Pick up a CB in free agency
leachmtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

How about this ... I would draft defense first again . It could be the BPA at S , CB , OLB , or Branch .

Why ... because in 2008 OTs like Long , Baker , and Gaither will come out . QBs like Brohm , Brennen , and Russell will come out .
Old 12-31-2006   #8
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Free Agents:
CLEMENTS
Stenbach
Dockery

Draft: (one of these guys)
Joe Thomas (OT)
Adrian Peterson (RB)
Reggie Nelson (FS)
Laron Landry (S)

2nd round: Offensive Line

3rd Round:
A good OLB to help Demeco
Old 12-31-2006   #9
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Bring in T.O after dallas cuts him.

Rip up davids contract and give him one similar to peyton manning with 25% increase cost of living is going up.

get rid of AJ he drops to many balls.

Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #10
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope they don't make a quarterback change, but if they do they should go to Sage and draft Troy Smith.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #11
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

We should have our pick of the CBs and safteis. The o-line tallent drops way off after Thomas. He won't fall out of the top five. Hollywood John McClain has them going offense accroding to his inside source. Your guess is as good as mine. QB prospect, Ginn Jr. , All Day...who knows. The value on the board where we pick...nineth, is defense. We'll see.
Old 12-31-2006   #12
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Assuming we are probalby only going to be able to get starting caliber players out of our top 4 picks, here is how i would like to see our draft shake up

1st pick, LaRon Landry.
I think A good free safety will relieve some of the pressure on robinson and faggins and go a long way towards building a good secondary

2nd pick, Buster Davis, OLB, FSU.
The guy makes plays, and if he should fall that far he would be a major steal. Ryans, Greenwood, and Davis would be a formidable corp. Im comfortable with babin/peek/weaver/maddox/johnson/cochran/thomas johnson being our d-line rotation. Im not comfortable with our back 7.

3rd pick, Best available o-line
I believe with spencer coming back, and the experience winston has, and pitts being a good versatile o-lineman, that things aren't as bleak as we think. Obviously we can get the job done running the ball, and a lot of the sacks we took were coverage related.

4. Developmental quarterback.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #13
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

A.B.C

Anyone But CARR!
Old 12-31-2006   #14
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Which means you can pretty much lock up another forty sack season by our o-line in '07.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 12-31-2006 at 04:46 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #15
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

thats the good thing about this years draft- i dont really care who we pick cos they will help and we'll be happy no matter who we get...no early rb (AP) though im happy with dayne and taylor- any of: jamarcus russell, troy smith(2nd), joe thomas, quinton gaithers, gaines adams, branch, okoye (2nd), buster davis (2nd), hall or any of the other cbs, laron or nelson

later on beef up the o-line, lbs, db's further

i think we'll get a couple decent players in FA but no huge signings
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #16
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 274 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

LaRon Landry!! Of course if Joe Thomas is no longer available...
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #17
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Which means yo0u can pretty much lock up another forty sack season by our o-line in '07.
I blame the person under center for the sacks more than i blame the protection. You can't pump fake on a 3 step drop.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #18
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

You can't draft an OT in the first if he's a second round talent .
Old 12-31-2006   #19
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
I blame the person under center for the sacks more than i blame the protection. You can't pump fake on a 3 step drop.
Carr hater ... wait VY lover .... wait .... both . Jk ... hows the family ?

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 12-31-2006 at 04:48 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #20
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post

Well you'll get to see in spades next year with your list. What are you going to do SWT if Kubes disagrees with your assement ?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read