Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Did Carr do enough to be here next season?
Yes 53 27.75%
No 138 72.25%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-31-2006   #1
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC
Default Did Carr Do Enough?

Well? My opinion. No he didnt. Im pleased with the win, but Carr had to come out and make a statement, and I dont think he did that, expecially against a battered browns defense. What is your opinion? I do appreciate what he has done for this franchise. He has given his body for this team. A change of scenary is what is needed and I do wish Carr the best of luck down the road.
Old 12-31-2006   #2
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Did Carr Do Enough?

I think that a change is best for both party's .
Old 12-31-2006   #3
TexanLen
Veteran

I agree with you, C C. He didn't show me any thing either to say "no we need to keep him."

Adopt a Texan... Can it be a cheerleader?!!!
TexanLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #4
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

well the other thing i see is that no matter what, people in houston are going to be pissed off at carr because we did not draft vince young. because we didnt draft him, all of carr's mistakes are going to take much heavier criticism than they probably deserve, and i think that is why carr may be better off playing in a different setting where he wont take heat. nonetheless, i still think carr's production was insufficient.
Old 12-31-2006   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I like David Carr,but I don't think he did enough, not for the am't of money he is getting paid. I used to defend that argument, but now wondering. If there was a restructure of his contract, Iwould be happy.. I know the OL was injured this season and we went through multiple line variation, but if Carr is back I will support him, but I won't be suprised if he isn't back. But as someone said, if he is getting paid as a top 5 QB, then we don't need to see 2nd half of the season slumps..
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #6
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably not enough to unequivicaly say yes or no (kind of the issue for 5 years). Probably be back because of cap and all that, but look for a development type QB to be taken in the draft. MIGHT see Plummer brought in to push him, but it will need to be relatively cheap.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #7
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

i think carr will demand a trade bc he will never get any respect even if he wins mvp
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-31-2006   #8
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

He didn't do enough at all........BUT since ol' BOB is on his nads all the time................he'll be here next year.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, he did "lead" his team to victory, but he did it by playing like garbage.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #10
t_flare
Veteran

hey one game doesnt say it all u know.. this season has been up and down like a rollercoaster.. .

how much is it on David, the line and the running game will be decided by the coaches... we see the games from one angle and the coaches see them in every angle so..

Hell who cares now.. 2-14 --> 6-10 how can you not be happy for one day of the year..be piss next year (tomorrow)
t_flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #11
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

He won 6 games this year.
Old 12-31-2006   #12
K.D.
Veteran

Either way i see it, Carr will be around atleast 1 more year. We need to bring someone in to challenge Carr in the off-season, although Sage might can be that person. I wouldn't be real upset tho, if we were to find another qb, just not Plummer, and draft a prospect in later rounds, Kolb or Tate. Either way something has to happen this off-season.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #13
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

carr is still making mistakes that you try to teach ROOKIE qbs not to make. carr is not a rookie, he is a highly paid 5th yr veteran. he was paid bc they were expecting him to flourish with kubiak. it is not because of kubiaks system that carr still doesnt make proper reads in his progressions or still makes throws that make no sense directly at opposing defenders.
Old 12-31-2006   #14
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

He sure didnt. He won MAYBE 4 games this year.. the running game and defense won the other games. More importantly.. he lost 10.

Honestly though, he just didnt show me anything. He started off strong.. and then showed no ability to stand up in tough situations.. make plays when we were in trouble... make smart decisions.. etc..etc..etc..

We need more from our QB if we are gonna turn this team around fast. Carr is not the answer here.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #15
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
He won 6 games this year.
carr didnt win all 6. the running game probably had the most to do with the wins. carr made a few good plays....but comeon, i cant think of any one memorable carr throw this year. i see the running game playing well today, ron dayne having a career game vs. indy, wali lundy in the 1-2 big games he had. carr was probably the key to success in probably 3 of the wins, both vs jax and the game vs miami. PLUS, 11 td passes and 12 int's for a 5th yr QB is not good... thats not progress. thats going in reverse.
Old 12-31-2006   #16
bayoumaniac
Rookie

bayoumaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr made some key throws in the Indy game
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #18
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Carr made some key throws in the Indy game
They dont count for much with me. Any QB should be able to make some great throws when you can run over a team 42 times for 200 yards rushing.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #19
leachmtb
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC View Post
carr didnt win all 6. the running game probably had the most to do with the wins. carr made a few good plays....but comeon, i cant think of any one memorable carr throw this year. i see the running game playing well today, ron dayne having a career game vs. indy, wali lundy in the 1-2 big games he had. carr was probably the key to success in probably 3 of the wins, both vs jax and the game vs miami. PLUS, 11 td passes and 12 int's for a 5th yr QB is not good... thats not progress. thats going in reverse.
I see your point that carr didn't win all of those 6 games. But, would you then be willing to say that Vince Young did not win all of his games either (especially since his kicker hit two incredible field goals). I agree that David did not win all of them, but how many people would say that VY did not win all of his?
leachmtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #20
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by leachmtb View Post
I see your point that carr didn't win all of those 6 games. But, would you then be willing to say that Vince Young did not win all of his games either (especially since his kicker hit two incredible field goals). I agree that David did not win all of them, but how many people would say that VY did not win all of his?
Still, Vince>>>>>>>>>>Carr.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read