Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-31-2006   #1
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Its Taylor Time!!!!

This guy is something else.

Breaking tackles and yards after the 1st hit is incredible! With closing in on 100yards rushing, in the 3rd quarter, with his first TD this season.

We still got the 4th quarter to play. I say he gets 150 yards!!
He's really something special, I just don't understand why it took Kubes this long to play him?!
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #2
BeerFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to BeerFan
Default Re: Its Taylor Time!!!!

Kubiak was probably getting him ready to do things like this
Old 12-31-2006   #3
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Great running by Taylor and now he just needs to be coached on the aspects of the game! Do you still want AP in the draft or are you set with DD (If healthy) Dayne and Taylor?
Old 12-31-2006   #4
t_flare
Veteran

I will take my chances with DD comming back..if not i am confident with Taylor and Dayne... remember kubiak is a running system.. you dont need the name you need the game
t_flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #5
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

did anyone else kinda notice that chester pitts was to taylor as to what larry allen is to gore?
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #6
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I think Taylor would have done even better if he was splitting with Dayne. He even said he was winded after the game. Dayne and Taylor will be a good combo for us next year if we don't address the RB position in the offseason.
Old 12-31-2006   #7
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Chris Taylor ran with a purpose...way to go!!!
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-31-2006   #8
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Taylor needs to hold onto the ball better. He came into this game with the "fumble problem" cloud over his head.. and still put the ball on the ground once.

If he can fix that problem this offseason, then I dont see why we couldnt go into next season with Taylor, Dayne, and Lundy as our runningbacks. between the three of them, and an improved oline, and a better QB, we should be able to run the ball effectively.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #9
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99016 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
Great running by Taylor and now he just needs to be coached on the aspects of the game! Do you still want AP in the draft or are you set with DD (If healthy) Dayne and Taylor?
We wouldn't be in position to get AP even if we wanted to, but I liked what Taylor showed today. I do believe that Taylor and Dayne would make a great combo at RB. If DD does somehow come back, then we'll be overloaded at the position which is never a bad thing.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #10
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Taylor, Dayne, lol. Sorry.
Old 12-31-2006   #11
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

I'm shocked that they waited these last couple of games to put him in the mix. He was pretty good in the pre-season. He'll be back.
Old 12-31-2006   #12
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Its Taylor Time!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan View Post
It COULD happen, with more coaching in Taylor on his carrying techniques I don't think its funny but its a good possibility.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #13
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan View Post
It's all good though.
Old 12-31-2006   #14
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

I meant the singer...lol
Old 12-31-2006   #15
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Taylor needs to hold onto the ball better. He came into this game with the "fumble problem" cloud over his head.. and still put the ball on the ground once.
It looked like to me he didn't take his full counter step and was up on the FB and QB a little too quick. Looking at it again, it appears that the ball hits him just inside the hip. And as a RB, he can't look for the ball, the QB has to put it in there for him.

Just looked like a flub between RB and QB on the replay...IMHO.
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #16
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Botched snaps really don't bother me as much as a straight fumble.

I Botched snap is a just a mishap between two players, its nothing like running with the ball and putting it on the ground, like Cook did all year.

However with Vonta Leach we won't have to worry about that anymore that kid can play
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #17
BeerFan
Veteran

Taylor Dayne. haha. i caught it, dont worry.
Old 12-31-2006   #18
BeerFan
Veteran

maybe we can get carnie wilson to play left tackle
Old 12-31-2006   #19
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerFan View Post
maybe we can get carnie wilson to play left tackle
Now that is humor. ROTFLMAO.
Old 12-31-2006   #20
Koolbrz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
This guy is something else.

Breaking tackles and yards after the 1st hit is incredible! With closing in on 100yards rushing, in the 3rd quarter, with his first TD this season.

We still got the 4th quarter to play. I say he gets 150 yards!!
He's really something special, I just don't understand why it took Kubes this long to play him?!

He was ok today. I still think we should go after Turner or the best back available in the draft. The backs on this roster are not all that. Too inconsistent. The only one with decent speed is Taylor. Dayne is too damn slow. Lundy is not very consistent. If we want a repeat of this yrs. running game, we stick with these guys.

IMHO, we need to go after a real GAMEBREAKER!! Someone thats a threat every time he touches the ball. I dont see that in the RB's we have. You seriously have to consider that we played the 32nd and 30th ranked rush defense's in the league the last two weeks. We only rushed for 102 yds during the game. Thats not including DC's -8 yds rushing. Not very impressive to me. We need to stop thinking that any back can come in and be a 1,000 yd back and go after the Best back available during Free Agency and/or the draft. I don't want the 2nd or 3rd best back available. I want the best!!! Of course it's gonna cost us something, but you have to give up something to get something.

I'm just sick and tired of thinking that what we have is good enough then the crap hits the fan during the season and everyone is B_ _ _ _IN!!! We need to show more testicular fortitude and go after players that are going to make a difference. Enough with the so-so players!! That is why we are in the position we are in now. That way of thinking sux!! I'm not just talking about the RB position. I am also talking about our QB position as well. Can't wait to see what the Texans next move will be!!
Koolbrz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read