Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-31-2006   #1
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Why Isn't dayne Playing?

Where is he?
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #2
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default Re: Why Isn't dayne Playing?

I guess they are getting a look at Taylor for this game.
Old 12-31-2006   #3
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't get it. Dayne has been playing great. They are trying to win the game right? Seems odd that they wouldn't go with there best option...
Old 12-31-2006   #4
stingray
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rblnick View Post
Dayne suffered from an ankle injury all week and was listed on the injury report - http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday...njury%20Report

I know coach Kubiak wanted a look at Chris Taylor early, so don't be surprised if Ron Dayne gets some carries later in the game.
OK. Well if he is hurt, that explains it..
Old 12-31-2006   #5
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope we see Dayne in the second half...and in big doses, too.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225061 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytex View Post
I don't get it. Dayne has been playing great. They are trying to win the game right? Seems odd that they wouldn't go with there best option...
Based on the way this game has been called I'm not absolutely certain that winning the game is the coaches number one priority today. I think they're doing certain things to evaluate players (for example Chris Taylor) and particularly to evaluate Carr. I also don't believe that they have any doubts about what they're going to get from Ron Dayne so there's no need to push him today. He might get some carries but I bet they'd rather have him go into the off-season without adding anything else to his ankle injury than win this game and get him really banged up in the process.

I always cringe when I see people crying about "the play calling" since none of us really have enough information to make a valid judgement about that during the game. That's true most of the time at least. Today though it's just inexplicable. A week after you run like crazy and beat the Colts (#32 run defense) with a great running attack they're literally abandoning it against the Browns (#31 run defense) in favor of David Carr attempting to throw deep. We all know that isn't going to work without first establishing the run. If there's anyone in the NFL that we should be able to do that with it's the Browns. Chris Taylor is looking great but these futile shots down the field are killing drives over and over again. I have to say they're calling a lousy game today and that's why I think we're watching an early 2007 pre-season evaluation and nothing more. If I were at the game today I'd be interested in finding out whether a refund could be obtained. I didn't pay to see them "evaluate their quarterback".
Old 12-31-2006   #7
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

Unless Dayne is hurt it is moronic that he is not playing after the last few weeks.
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-31-2006   #8
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

it doesnt matter were he is, Chris Taylor is lookin real good
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #9
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
it doesnt matter were he is, Chris Taylor is lookin real good
lol, can't argue with dat.
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I admit it. At one point, I though Kubiak might not be trying so hard to win this game either. Then there was the 3rd quarter and it was a different world.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225061 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I still believe that the Texans were trying to see if they could put this game on Carr's shoulders in the first half and it didn't work out. Look at the one drive where we actually moved the ball. It was just like last weeks version of the Texans where we ran down their throats. Why didn't we do that from the very start of the game?

After Taylors touchdown we got the TD from the defense that gave the Texans enough padding to go back to trying to throw the ball down field. It still didn't work. At the end of the game when we needed to eat some clock we went back to focusing on the running game.

I don't think it's some kind of conspiracy or anything. I just think their gameplan was not only about winning the game but also about winning it a certain way. That didn't work out the way they wanted so they adjusted it. Kubiak was wanting to see something out of the offensive line and the QB. It wasn't there so we went back to what we do well. Against the Browns we could actually afford to do that.
Old 12-31-2006   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199795 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I still believe that the Texans were trying to see if they could put this game on Carr's shoulders in the first half and it didn't work out.
Yeah, I think this was Carr's audition, his last gasp chance, and he failed.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #13
Sco-tai
Veteran

I have to agree that Carr did not look good. But I don't really mind. Had he played AWESOME, it would make "the right" decision more difficult.

I REALLY wish Carr the best. He's a VERY respectable, awesome TALENT, whom needs a fresh-start.

The TEXANS failed him by not giving him Kubes 5 years ago. The TEXANS failed by not giving him a good O-line...EVER. He WILL win a super-bowl. Just not with us.

Bring in KOLB!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read