Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-12-2004   #21
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveForTheGame
Bowden has lost to Miami for the last 5 games...should he be fired? Mack Brown has UT in the top 10-15 every year. He just hasn't been able to beat OU. I'm not sure you fire a coach for not being able to beat one team when he has the team having a great season year in and year out...but I htink there is a better coach out there for UT.
One who knows what an option is... Im not bashing Vince Young Im just saying thats the style of offense that needs to be run with him in there. I think we all agree his arm and decision making arent up to par so they need to exploit his greatest stregnth, his legs.
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004   #22
TexansCanes
All Pro

Quote:
Bowden has lost to Miami for the last 5 games...should he be fired? Mack Brown has UT in the top 10-15 every year. He just hasn't been able to beat OU. I'm not sure you fire a coach for not being able to beat one team when he has the team having a great season year in and year out...but I htink there is a better coach out there for UT.
it depends, if you are happy with 10-1 or 10-2 then keep him becuase that is what he is going to give you, and maybe he will beat OU sometime, but if you aren't satisfied and think it is mack brown fault then you have to get rid of him.

the thing about bowden is that yeah he has lost to miami the last 6 times but he had success before then. mack brown hasn't been able to beat OU since he has been the head coach.
TexansCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004   #23
LonghornBabe
Tubin' Chic

Rep Power: 573 LonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LonghornBabe Send a message via Yahoo to LonghornBabe

actually that is not true...Mack Brown has beaten OU while at Texas (that being said....I am NOT a Greg Davis fan...and I definitely think some changes need to be made)

Kimberly
Check out my blog at kimberlyskakery.com
LonghornBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004   #24
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Well when the players say OU had a better game plan than UT did there has got to be some mumblings amongst the players.

I firmly believe OU is in their heads big time. Mack included.

They better do something or they'll start losing more recruits like Peterson.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004   #25
GoBeta

Default Mack Brown need to go

His firing is long overdue.
Old 10-13-2004   #26
TexansCanes
All Pro

Quote:
actually that is not true...Mack Brown has beaten OU while at Texas (that being said....I am NOT a Greg Davis fan...and I definitely think some changes need to be made)
my bad, i wasn't sure on how long he had been their
TexansCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004   #27
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Mack Brown is 2-5 against OU. He is 1-5 against Stoops. In 1999, the Horns were down 16-0 or 17-0 then ripped off 40-something unanswered points. We won convincingly. That was Brown's only win head-to-head against Stoops. He hasn't won again since.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-14-2004   #28
LonghornBabe
Tubin' Chic

Rep Power: 573 LonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LonghornBabe Send a message via Yahoo to LonghornBabe

Ok..I couldn't help myself...I thought this was cute. I actually don't think Greg Davis lost the game last weekend....(i think that is the first time I have ever said that).....anyway...I just learned how to post pics and thought this was funny!

Kimberly
Check out my blog at kimberlyskakery.com
LonghornBabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read