Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-29-2006   #1
htownfoozball
Veteran

Default LB round 2?

Rufus Alexander should be available now that Timmons declared...does he fit the team? Would give us a speedy linebacker who can make plays and drop into coverage.
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006   #2
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: LB round 2?

After last night I want Bishop in the 2nd or 3rd round. He looks like Demeco Lite.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006   #3
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Bishop could last til the 4th and would be a steal, Im glad someone else noticed him last night. He's one of those players that is a gamer, and won't have an amazing combine. I know it'd be risky, but i'd be tempted to try to move him to SLB if he was athletic enough. If anyone reminds me of DeMeco, itd have to be Alexander however. He's always around the ball, can hit, and is very athletic. Only problem is size, and where we'd put him.
Old 12-29-2006   #4
htownfoozball
Veteran

greenwood has done ok...could we trade him? let rufus take over at wlb.

bishop is a big hitter who wont wow anybody with his measurables. has nice size around 245 or 250. would move to SLB. not good in coverage, but very good against the run. would wait til the 2nd day around the 5th if we were to take him.
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006   #5
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfoozball View Post
greenwood has done ok...could we trade him? let rufus take over at wlb.

bishop is a big hitter who wont wow anybody with his measurables. has nice size around 245 or 250. would move to SLB. not good in coverage, but very good against the run. would wait til the 2nd day around the 5th if we were to take him.
i dont think anyone would want his contract
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006   #6
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfoozball View Post
Rufus Alexander should be available now that Timmons declared...does he fit the team? Would give us a speedy linebacker who can make plays and drop into coverage.
There should be some good LBs in the later RDs

Kyle Shotwell, 6'1", 235, Cal Poly
Akeem Jordan, 6'0", 230, James Madison
Marques Murell, 6'2" 240, Appalachian St

and here is a day 2 DE sleeper;
Edgar Jones, 6'5", 250, SE Missouri St
Old 12-30-2006   #7
cadahnic
All Pro

I like Rufus a lot from what I saw of him during the year although I haven't looked at him real closely yet. My only problem with him is he best fits at WLB, and I think Greenwood has played well enough the latter part of this year to warrant sticking around, at least thru training camp. While I wouldn't mind getting a better LB to be a 3-down guy and only have Greenwood out there as our 3rd LB on base formations, I think we need more of a SLB for that.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2006   #8
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24423 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Rufus with our 2nd round pick as well. He also, reminds me of DeMeco.

Don't forget that we still have Wali Rainer on the injured reserve list. He should be fully recovered by next year &, hopefully, Wong will be back to his old self by then. That'd give us a pretty good looking linebacking corp.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I was really impressed seeing Bishop as well. I was trying hard to look for damien hughes but never really saw him a lot. i noticed bishop way too often for being more of an aggie fan.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006   #10
SLO Texan
Veteran

I've also heard B.Davis' name thrown around a bit. He looked good in Florida States Bowl game the other night. Was alwaays around the ball and recovered a fumble. He seems to have GREAT intensity too. I've heard alot about R.Alexander but I don't even know who he plays for. Could someone inform me of some info. on him.

Who else is a good LB prospect that could slip to round 2?
Old 12-30-2006   #11
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO Texan View Post
I've also heard B.Davis' name thrown around a bit. He looked good in Florida States Bowl game the other night. Was alwaays around the ball and recovered a fumble. He seems to have GREAT intensity too. I've heard alot about R.Alexander but I don't even know who he plays for. Could someone inform me of some info. on him.

Who else is a good LB prospect that could slip to round 2?
Rufus Alexander plays for Oklahoma.

I'm hoping buster davis falls to the second but don't really know..he is said to be a really 'smart' player. alexander is more likely to fall imo. not real sure about the others.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006   #12
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post

Dang, taking my job with small schoolers. They are good finds though.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006   #13
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Dang, taking my job with small schoolers. They are good finds though.
You like the diamond in a small school, here are a couple of more from Hampton:

Alonzo Coleman, RB 5'11 205 4.36 40 (will see?)
http://www.hamptonpirates.com/roster...rid=33&sport=1
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=148071

Justin Durant, ILB, 6'2", 230
http://www.hamptonpirates.com/roster...rid=33&sport=1
Old 12-30-2006   #14
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

My Sooner fan friends say that Alexander is overrated on sideline to sideline speed and that he isn't better than Teddy Lehman or Rocky Calmus.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006   #15
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
Bishop could last til the 4th and would be a steal, Im glad someone else noticed him last night. He's one of those players that is a gamer, and won't have an amazing combine. I know it'd be risky, but i'd be tempted to try to move him to SLB if he was athletic enough. If anyone reminds me of DeMeco, itd have to be Alexander however. He's always around the ball, can hit, and is very athletic. Only problem is size, and where we'd put him.
Dunbar of Boston College is not as tallented as some. But I believe he is a prospect. Also,
Connor has out played the other guy at Penn St. He's getting the awards, but Conner is the value pick.

Bottom line, there's going to be quite a few LB prospects when we come up to bat in the second.

Agreed. I've brought this up befor. We're looking for Will's and Sam's...unless we're moving Meco. Willis and Blades should be off the board by the second.
Old 12-31-2006   #16
johnboy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post

Texans should look at drafting Ameer Ismail
6'2" 225 Western Mich.
Leads the NCAA insacks
johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read