Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-29-2006   #1
Doody
Rookie

Default Draft Kevin Kolb...

and bring in Plummer on a 2 yr contract loaded with incentives... I dont see Plummer finding that many suitors and we have Kubiak to entice him over cheap. We can build our oline and groom Kolb for a year or so. This is actually assuming Kolb falls to the 2nd round, id even be willing to trade up in the 2nd round to grab him, maybe even back into the lower 1st. I know he could drop furthur, but who knows, the combine can do all sorts of thing for draft possitions. First round pick I'd still like to get Landry or the best cover corner available...I'm not opposed to trying Dunta at FS...and please throw as much money at samuels, clements, briggs, or thomas...i just want one of them please.
Doody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006   #2
MrMeToo
All Pro

Default Re: Draft Kevin Kolb...

Yes! I'd take anything but Carr. Carr is still the same guy that sucked all season. Don't let one game fool you.
Old 12-29-2006   #3
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

I agree with drafting kevin kolb, and also maybe even bringing in plummer, but keeping carr here to compete for the job. Competition brings out the best in any quarterback. This could work out in many ways:

A- David Carr responds to the texans bringing in kolb and plummer, and he has a pro bowl season next season and plays with a sense of urgency because he isn't so comfortable knowing plummer and kolb are on his tail.

B- David Carr loses the job to Plummer and Kolb gets developed to be our quarterback of the future, while we see what Plummer can do in the short term seeing if he can make a playoff run.

My point is more competition never hurts. Now I am heavily against getting rid of Carr, because we have yet to give him a chance behind a legit pass blocking offensive line. We did for a few games this season, and he did very well (Eagles, even though we lost, he threw for 3+ touchdowns and no interceptions... and for first few weeks of this season he led the nfl in passing).
Old 12-29-2006   #4
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

yup get plummer because he is better then carr in kubiaks system, draft kolb in the 2nd, i thinkhe will fall to us unless oakland takes him, but al davis is stupid so doubtful, and do the same thing the chargers did with philip rivers just sit him for 2 seasons, and he will be good
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I want nothing to do with Plummer. He was a bad QB on the Cardinals and had really only one good year with the Broncos. If you want to see football with lots of mistakes, then Plummer is your guy. Carr makes a few mistakes, but nothing like what Plummer has done over his career.

I definitely like what I've seen from Kolb so far. I'm curious to see what the combine does for Kolb's draft position, but if there's any reasonable way to get Kolb, I'd sure like to see him in a Texans uniform. QBs that come later in the draft always seem to want it more, rather than those who get drafted at the top and seem to have things handed to them.
Old 12-29-2006   #6
Sportsfan
All Pro

Even though I disagree, i think Carr is gonna end up staying here. He probably won't start but he'll still be here.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006   #7
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Plummer led the Cardinals to the playoffs and even won a game. He'll make stupid mistakes but will make some big plays as well.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-29-2006   #8
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Kolb is looking bad right now.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006   #9
Odogg
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I want nothing to do with Plummer. He was a bad QB on the Cardinals and had really only one good year with the Broncos. If you want to see football with lots of mistakes, then Plummer is your guy. Carr makes a few mistakes, but nothing like what Plummer has done over his career.

I definitely like what I've seen from Kolb so far. I'm curious to see what the combine does for Kolb's draft position, but if there's any reasonable way to get Kolb, I'd sure like to see him in a Texans uniform. QBs that come later in the draft always seem to want it more, rather than those who get drafted at the top and seem to have things handed to them.

What?!?! If you want to see football with alot of mistakes, CARR IS YOUR GUY! You have got to be related to Carr or something, geeez! Plummer would instantly upgrade this offense and put at least someone who the defense feels is A THREAT. At least Plummer has done SOMETHING in this league. Last year he played in the freakin AFC Championship GAME!! Jake has done well in Denver, the only reason he was benched is because Shanny is feeling the heat. He had to make the change since it would give him plenty of political cover if Cutler bombed and they missed the playoffs OR they made the playoffs but don't have any pressure on them since they are starting a Rookie QB. He was 7-4 when he got benched! Not 4-7!!
Odogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006   #10
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Kolb is looking bad right now.
I take that back...77 yard pass by Kolb.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006   #11
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Jake Plummer is the perfect example of a guy succeeding because of the situation he's put in. I will put money down on people calling for his head within 5 games. He'll throw a left handed pass. LOL
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006   #12
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

How bad of a situation can you get in than being drafted by the Arizona Cardinals, yet he took that team to the playoffs and actually won a game.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006   #13
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

Kolb is a great qb... A TRUE TEXAN!
Old 12-29-2006   #14
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Lets not draft Kolb because he is UH, I grow tired of the "college" ties (hear that UT people).

BUT, if Kolb is legit yeah, spend a later pick on him, cant hurt!
Old 12-29-2006   #15
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Why is everyone peeing themselves over Kolb. He reminds me of Carr in college plus, he isnt even playing in a NFL style offense. Hes been playing in that offense since high school of course hes going to look good.
Old 12-29-2006   #16
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

If Kolb went to somewhere like Memphis would anyone care about him? Surely there are better QB's available in this draft that we can get in the second round.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006   #17
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
Lets not draft Kolb because he is UH, I grow tired of the "college" ties (hear that UT people).

BUT, if Kolb is legit yeah, spend a later pick on him, cant hurt!
So would you say VY or DJ are legit NFL players?

Old 12-29-2006   #18
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
So would you say VY or DJ are legit NFL players?

Who is DJ?

Look how well the Titans look. Head Coach and Off Coord BOTH USC

Yet they did not draft the USC guy.
Old 12-29-2006   #19
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
Who is DJ?

Look how well the Titans look. Head Coach and Off Coord BOTH USC

Yet they did not draft the USC guy.
Derrick Johnson
Old 12-29-2006   #20
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Texans View Post
Derrick Johnson
Thank you

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read