Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome of Sunday's game vs. Cleveland
Texans win by 7 or more 56 70.89%
Texans win by less than 7 19 24.05%
Browns win by 7 or more 1 1.27%
Browns win by less than 7 3 3.80%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2006   #1
TexansAllTheWayBaby
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 TexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro BowlerTexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via AIM to TexansAllTheWayBaby
Arrow Weekly Poll: Outcome of Sunday's game vs. Cleveland

Please vote honestly. You may also post written replies obviously.
Old 12-29-2006   #2
DenverBorn
Veteran

Default Re: Weekly Poll: Outcome of Sunday's game vs. Cleveland

Houston wins 20-16.
DenverBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006   #3
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

They need to stomp Cleveland to show that last week was not a complete anamoly.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006   #4
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope we win big time. I want our guys to go into the offseason with a two game win streak. One against the Colts, and one blowout against the Browns. Who else remembered what happened the last time we lost to the Browns....a 2-14 season, that is what happened.

GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006   #5
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got Houston by 7 or more. That isn't the fan in me talking, I just believe the Texans are really going to show up on Sunday. For Houston's D this might just seem like practice (after facing the Colts).

Just one question, though. What do you guys think of Cleveland's run defense?? I think it'll be a good test for Dayne and Co.

Houston......24
Cleveland....13
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006   #6
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

I am seriously thinking our D has a good chance at a shutout. The Browns are down to their 3rd string QB and they have three starting OL out. Our DB's just need to contain Edwards and Winslow and our DL & LB's can do the rest. I'm hoping for 5-7 sacks and a few picks as well...come on Texans! Don't let me down!
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006   #7
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

God.......Everytime I vote for a win the opposite happens!
Old 12-29-2006   #8
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

I see The Texans winning BIG or losing BIG! I voted for win by 7 or more!

Old 12-29-2006   #9
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Are you afraid that they will revert back to suckiness?

It seems like after a win they just return to "Team sucks a lot"
Old 12-29-2006   #10
SLO Texan
Veteran

Back to Back wins for the first time since '04 !!!

Texans :28

Browns : 14
Old 12-29-2006   #11
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Should we revive the Browns Vs. Texans thread from 2004?? I think we'll win by 7 or more, but I'm not about to get into this crazy talk of pitching shutouts and us going like maddogs against them. Just way to similar to 2004.
And now Frye MAY start at QB. http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4433837.html
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006   #12
SA Texan
Veteran

Hopefully Kubiak will stick to the same gameplan he used against the Colts, because Dayne should be able to have another big day against the Browns run defense. As long as the defense doesn't have a let down, the Texans should finish the year on a two game win streak.

Texans 24
Browns 17
SA Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006   #13
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

TEXANS DEFINATELY BY 7 OR MORE.....Texasn 24 Browns 7
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006   #14
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 59496 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope we finish the season strong, something to build on for the offseason:
20 - 6
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I went over to a Brown's site and a lot of them were picking us to win, too. They're really pissed and frustrated over there. Much worse than we are here.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #16
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

This must be the most positive this board has been going into a game for along time.... I'm enjoying it, and I'm picking a good win for us too.
Old 12-31-2006   #17
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Texans 35
Browns 10

the browns run defense is awfull so ron dayne will get us another win this game should be over by the end of the 1st quarter.

Last edited by Napa Auto Parts; 12-31-2006 at 03:07 AM.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 20
Browns 16

It's not gonna be a blowout, guys. Dayne will run well, but not like he did against Indy. Cleveland's run D is kind of bad, but not like Indy's; however, we can (hopefully) pass on them more. We should be able to get pressure on their QB, but we better, because I would definitely guess that all these teams that have been beating them have been getting that pressure. Honestly, these are two banged-up, below average teams. We're getting better, but we're still below average, at least some. If we don't get that pressure, remember our DB situation, because they can definitely be burned.

We still win, but it's gonna be a lot tougher than it would seem after beating the Colts.

In case you're wondering about the point-spread on this one, the paper I saw last night had the Texans winning by 4 (not 20 or something), so that's where I'm getting my score guess and I know those guys are usually very close (one reason I don't gamble).

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006   #19
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans.....27
Brownies...17
Old 12-31-2006   #20
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 19
Browns 13

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read