Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Kalu likes Smith's style and Carr's biggest pass

OzzO

.. and then?
interesting snippets from today's chronic

As the season has progressed, the players have bought into the defensive scheme Richard Smith implemented. Veteran N.D. Kalu wants to see the players now adopt Smith's attitude, too.

"Coach Smith is a nut," Kalu said. "He's aggressive, and you want to take on his personality when you go out there. I feel we weren't doing it, and it was a slap in the face to him.

"When I first met him, I thought he was fake. Nobody can be this energetic all the time. But he's never changed in the whole six months. And he's one of those coaches that if you take on his personality, you're going to be a dominant defense.

"We didn't do that this year. But it takes time. We have a lot of young guys, and hopefully they will take on that personality next year."
It also mentions Mario moving to the right side for the Browns game. And as for one of Carr's biggest passes of his career.....

"I think it was real big," Johnson said. "Looking at it on film, he dropped back and he threw it, had a lot of confidence in it.

"When I turned around, it was right there and hit me in the chest. You know, the game was on the line and he stepped up and gave me a great ball to catch and I was able to make a play on it."

Carr said it was one of the best passes of his career.

"It was top five all-time passes I've thrown," Carr said. "That's college and the NFL. It meant a lot to get that."
If he could just do that kind of timing / touch all the time... if only....

Mr teX

Hall of Fame

It also mentions Mario moving to the right side for the Browns game. And as for one of Carr's biggest passes of his career.....

If he could just do that kind of timing / touch all the time... if only....[/QUOTE]

He could do that all the time............................. if he had time & help besides AJ.

mexican_texan

Furry Tractors

If he could just do that kind of timing / touch all the time... if only....[/QUOTE]

He could do that all the time............................. if he had time & help besides AJ.
You mean like Moulds, Walter the first down machine, and Owen Daniels, the forgotten?

Vinny

shiny happy fan
"It was top five all-time passes I've thrown," Carr said. "That's college and the NFL. It meant a lot to get that."
nice pass...but it was a routine pass that all quality NFL QB's make. I wish it wasn't such an abberation that Carr thinks it is one of his all time greatest passes.

dtran04

Veteran
I'd say his best pass would be the long strike to Jermaine Lewis his first game against the Cowboys. It was at the end of the half and it was a BOMB that Lewis dropped. It's a shame to see all of that potential wasted (for whatever reason)

aj.

All Pro
nice pass...but it was a routine pass that all quality NFL QB's make. I wish it wasn't such an abberation that Carr thinks it is one of his all time greatest passes.
That's the first thing I thought of when I read that in the paper this morning. Made me chuckle a bit. It was great in terms of clutch - which sadly is so infrequent that I guess it surprised everyone. But throws like that need to be more routine if you're going to have any success running an NFL offense. Manning makes that throw a half dozen times a game.

I heard Andre say earlier in the week that that route was there all day. If I recall the play correctly Andre was the lone WR split wide left and the Colts had only one deep safety. I remember commenting to a guy next to me about the heavy formation before the snap.

I did notice during the game that the Colts played way more one-deep safety than usual (Bethea). They were bringing Jackson up in the box quite a bit because of Dayne. The Texans could have taken many more shots downfield than they did that day, but they stuck with what was working.

GuerillaBlack

Hall of Fame
Say it again. Seriously, Peyton does that all the time. Rivers does it in San Diego on the last quarter of the game. Vince Young runs it in instead. A lot of QB's do this.

Odogg

Practice Squad
LOL! A 5 year veteran in the NFL thinks a 17 yard hitch to the opponents 35 yard line is in the TOP 5 "throws" of his career? I just had visions of Elway dance through my head when I saw that "comeback".

:sarcasm:

New_Texans

Rookie
Carr throws a perfect pass to AJ who was in double coverage going down the middle of the field to ultimately win the game against the Colts for the Texans.

Only so-called Texans fans wouldnt appreciate that.

You guys make me sick.

Dunta_23

Rookie
The throw itself wasnt probably in his top 5, he probably meant the situation that it put them in, like to set up the winning FG to beat the colts, Im sure some of his long ones to AJ or Bradford were MUCH better throws

New_Texans

Rookie
The throw itself wasnt probably in his top 5, he probably meant the situation that it put them in, like to set up the winning FG to beat the colts, Im sure some of his long ones to AJ or Bradford were MUCH better throws
Yea, Carr did have that other throw to AJ earlier in the year against Jacksonville.