Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-28-2006   #1
TexansAllTheWayBaby
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 TexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro BowlerTexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via AIM to TexansAllTheWayBaby
Arrow My Keys to Success: vs. Cleveland

Our Houston Texans will play host to the Cleveland Browns this Sunday at Reliant Stadium in the season finale.

As I have previously said, our guys can accomplish alot with a victory this Sunday. Firstly, it would be our first back to back winnings in over 2 years, a win would triple our win total from last season with 6, and we would have alot of momentum heading into next season.

This is an important game for this team, but believe me the Browns are not going down without a fight and they are very hungry for a victory Sunday. The following is what I believe our Texans must do in order to have success Sunday...

-Pressure QB Ken Dorsey. Ken Dorsey will be starting his first game of the season Sunday, behind a Browns offensive line that has failed to protect previous Quaterbacks this season Charlie Frye and Derek Anderson. We are generally an agressive defense and I look for us to really display this Sunday. We can also get Dorsey rattled early, perhaps get a sack on him and get the crowd going and momentum swining our way. We can't let Dorsey get settled in the pocket, he's smart enough to pick you apart.

-Establish the ground game early, often. I look for us to feed Ronnie Dayne alot this game. He has performed greatly for us these past several weeks since we re-activated him, and as we all know he's the type of back that can ware a defense out and just run over defenders. The Browns are ranked 30th against the run, but they do have a couple big bodies like Ted Washington. We need to ware this part of the Brown's D down early then allow Carr to throw the ball around a little and this is when he can have success.

-4 quarters of solid effort. This really should not be a problem with this team, the effort has always been there. However, given that it is the last game of the season and we are the favorite and coming off a big win, some may tend to be a little relaxed, and we simply can not be this game because the Browns are more than capable of beating you. Again, this really shouldn't be a problem and I look for us to get after them early.

This is again, another big test for our Texans and we have endured many this season. This will be a very important game as it can dictate alot of the future of the team. Two straight wins to end the season and finishing 6-10 is a solid improvement, but it's not going to be easy.

My fellow fans, let's pack Reliant and blow the damn roof off the house. It was tremendous to see Reliant rockin' last week when the Colts were in town and it really did help the team. Great job, let's do it again this week.

This is my final full pre-game post of the season and I would like to thank all of my readers and supporters throughout the season, I couldn't be as optimistic as I am at times without you guys!

Let's end with a bang!
GO TEXANS

Last edited by TexansAllTheWayBaby; 12-29-2006 at 12:12 AM.
TexansAllTheWayBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 220522 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My Keys to Success: vs. Cleveland

I'm a little worried because we were favored against the Bills and we were favored in the 2nd game against the Titans.

And now we're favored against the Browns.

That doesn't bode well. I'm more comfy being the underdog.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #3
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I'm a little worried because we were favored against the Bills and we were favored in the 2nd game against the Titans.

And now we're favored against the Browns.

That doesn't bode well. I'm more comfy being the underdog.
It's past time to start winning as a favorite!

Old 12-28-2006   #4
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansAllTheWayBaby View Post
Our Houston Texans will play host to the Cleveland Browns this Sunday at Reliant Stadium in the season finale.

As I have previously said, our guys can accomplish alot with a victory this Sunday. Firstly, it would be our first back to back winnings in over 2 years, a win would quadruple our win total from last season with 6, and we would have alot of momentum heading into next season.

This is an important game for this team, but believe me the Browns are not going down without a fight and they are very hungry for a victory Sunday. The following is what I believe our Texans must do in order to have success Sunday...

-Pressure QB Ken Dorsey. Ken Dorsey will be starting his first game of the season Sunday, behind a Browns offensive line that has failed to protect previous Quaterbacks this season Charlie Frye and Derek Anderson. We are generally an agressive defense and I look for us to really display this Sunday. We can also get Dorsey rattled early, perhaps get a sack on him and get the crowd going and momentum swining our way. We can't let Dorsey get settled in the pocket, he's smart enough to pick you apart.

-Establish the ground game early, often. I look for us to feed Ronnie Dayne alot this game. He has performed greatly for us these past several weeks since we re-activated him, and as we all know he's the type of back that can ware a defense out and just run over defenders. The Browns are ranked 30th against the run, but they do have a couple big bodies like Ted Washington. We need to ware this part of the Brown's D down early then allow Carr to throw the ball around a little and this is when he can have success.

-4 quarters of solid effort. This really should not be a problem with this team, the effort has always been there. However, given that it is the last game of the season and we are the favorite and coming off a big win, some may tend to be a little relaxed, and we simply can not be this game because the Browns are more than capable of beating you. Again, this really shouldn't be a problem and I look for us to get after them early.

This is again, another big test for our Texans and we have endured many this season. This will be a very important game as it can dictate alot of the future of the team. Two straight wins to end the season and finishing 6-10 is a solid improvement, but it's not going to be easy.

My fellow fans, let's pack Reliant and blow the damn roof off the house. It was tremendous to see Reliant rockin' last week when the Colts were in town and it really did help the team. Great job, let's do it again this week.

This is my final full pre-game post of the season and I would like to thank all of my readers and supporters throughout the season, I couldn't be as optimistic as I am at times without you guys!

Let's end with a bang!
GO TEXANS

That would be triple the win total, not quadruple.

Other than that it is a strong post as usual.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read