Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2006   #1
htownfoozball
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 379
Rep Power: 8 htownfoozball is ridin' the pine
Default Tony Hunt 2nd round

A big RB at 230lbs who should run in the 4.55 range. Can help in the passing game and is a decent blocker. Just think of this...Dayne and Hunt RB duo. Defenses would have to go against 2 power backs all game long which would really open up the passing game. He's faster and quicker than Dayne, and should Dayne get injured, we still have a power back.
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #2
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame
 
Goldeagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Spring
Age: 41
Posts: 1,816
Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default Re: Tony Hunt 2nd round

Do you think the team will do this though? I would think they would have a change of pace back if they were to draft anyone?
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #3
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Katy, Texas
Age: 58
Posts: 6,644
Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tony Hunt 2nd round

Ah nope ...much rather have Wright Frezno St. in the fifth or Curtis Brown BYU in the sixith or the Pittsburgh St guy in the seventh..but hey that's just me. Or Jackie Battle as a FA. We don't have to spend a day one pick on a RB. There will be all shapes and sizes on the board...all day long... every round. I promise.
__________________
"Everybody understands that the only way we're going to do it is by extremely hard work."
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #4
htownfoozball
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 379
Rep Power: 8 htownfoozball is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Tony Hunt 2nd round

it was just an idea. why go with a big back and a small back when you can try and run the defense over every down? hunt can still run big plays from time to time, and he's alot faster than some people give him credit for. we can still keep taylor on the team. just cut lundy who hasnt done jack for the most of the season.
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #5
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Katy, Texas
Age: 58
Posts: 6,644
Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tony Hunt 2nd round

And it is a good thought. But...we have two bangers already in Lundy and Dayne. I think whoever they pick will be a prospect/practice squad guy. I'm just bassing this on the way Kubiak and Shanahan have treated the previous guys they've picked up at running back. Like the old E.F Hutton add, they've make the guy eaaarn it. The carrat stick bing playing time. I could be dead wrong no doubt. But from my tree, if they take one...it'll be as a prospect or a change of pace back. Adrian Peterson, with him slipping might, might mind you, change that. But I really don't think so. This guy has a system. His system works...why would he change it ? You got a guy here who had the cajones to pass up Bush and the towns favorite son. My book says this guy does things HIS way. He may go down. But he'll go down doing what he knows works on the NFL level. I dunno and I ain't in the loop. Just what I believe.
__________________
"Everybody understands that the only way we're going to do it is by extremely hard work."
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #6
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame
 
Goldeagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Spring
Age: 41
Posts: 1,816
Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default Re: Tony Hunt 2nd round

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfoozball View Post
it was just an idea. why go with a big back and a small back when you can try and run the defense over every down? hunt can still run big plays from time to time, and he's alot faster than some people give him credit for. we can still keep taylor on the team. just cut lundy who hasnt done jack for the most of the season.
I see your reasoning and I dont know why teams dont do it?
__________________
"My Devil danced with his Demon, and the Fiddler's tune is far from over"
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #7
htownfoozball
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 379
Rep Power: 8 htownfoozball is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Tony Hunt 2nd round

probably because defenses have a general idea on what the play will be if it is indeed a run play.

actually...adrian peterson can really pound it in and run guys over and consistently run off big plays...pair him up with dayne so neither will be exposed to injury and you really have a killer duo. if peterson is available...go for him.

but i really do like the idea of 2 big backs alternating and pounding the defense 50+ times per game. would really wear down defenses and open the passing game through play action. would limit david carr's throws and would thus limit the mistakes he would make. hunt is no slouch and can pound it in and can run off a big play every now and then. use dayne in short yardage situations and use hunt as the relative "change of pace" back, even though its not a big change, the idea is to have 2 big bruisers. could defenses really keep up with bringing down 2 backs who weigh an average 240lbs?
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-28-2006   #8
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame
 
Goldeagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Spring
Age: 41
Posts: 1,816
Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default Re: Tony Hunt 2nd round

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfoozball View Post
probably because defenses have a general idea on what the play will be if it is indeed a run play.

actually...adrian peterson can really pound it in and run guys over and consistently run off big plays...pair him up with dayne so neither will be exposed to injury and you really have a killer duo. if peterson is available...go for him.

but i really do like the idea of 2 big backs alternating and pounding the defense 50+ times per game. would really wear down defenses and open the passing game through play action. would limit david carr's throws and would thus limit the mistakes he would make. hunt is no slouch and can pound it in and can run off a big play every now and then. use dayne in short yardage situations and use hunt as the relative "change of pace" back, even though its not a big change, the idea is to have 2 big bruisers. could defenses really keep up with bringing down 2 backs who weigh an average 240lbs?
Heh, the key to beating the Colts was not Mario Williams but Ron Dayne lol! Add another guy his size and the Colts might have to forfeit their next game.

Other than Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson is the only guy I will accept and not freak out over if we drafted them. Other than that, Im all about the OL
__________________
"My Devil danced with his Demon, and the Fiddler's tune is far from over"
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #9
htownfoozball
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 379
Rep Power: 8 htownfoozball is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Tony Hunt 2nd round

the problem with addressing the OL is that there arent any OL worth a 2nd round pick unless brown or blalock fall. its a really weak year for OL with alot of 3rd round worthy OL being taken in the 2nd because of the lack of depth in the class.
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006   #10
painekiller
Hall of Fame
 
painekiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: On the West Belt
Age: 52
Posts: 2,056
Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tony Hunt 2nd round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
Heh, the key to beating the Colts was not Mario Williams but Ron Dayne lol! Add another guy his size and the Colts might have to forfeit their next game.

Other than Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson is the only guy I will accept and not freak out over if we drafted them. Other than that, Im all about the OL
If you really think the Colts do not address the run defense you are mistaken, that would put Dungy in the hot seat for sure. What good is the $20M QB if he can't get on the field.

Also adding a offensive lineman at picks 6-10 looks to be a moot point. And Johnson will be gone by there also. And why do you want to pay top 10 money to a RB? You can get a Norwood type in the 3rd every year.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006   #11
cadahnic
All Pro
 
cadahnic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Age: 33
Posts: 812
Rep Power: 10 cadahnic is a fan favorite
Default Re: Tony Hunt 2nd round

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfoozball View Post
A big RB at 230lbs who should run in the 4.55 range. Can help in the passing game and is a decent blocker. Just think of this...Dayne and Hunt RB duo. Defenses would have to go against 2 power backs all game long which would really open up the passing game. He's faster and quicker than Dayne, and should Dayne get injured, we still have a power back.
Why do we need two huge, slow RBs? We need someone with some speed and big play ability in there, and I sure wouldn't use a 2nd rounder on him. If he's available in the mid-late 2nd day I would consider him, but outside of that no.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006   #12
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch
 
cuppacoffee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 74
Posts: 4,491
Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tony Hunt 2nd round

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
.....This guy has a system. His system works...why would he change it ? You got a guy here who had the cajones to pass up Bush and the towns favorite son. My book says this guy does things HIS way. He may go down. But he'll go down doing what he knows works on the NFL level. I dunno and I ain't in the loop. Just what I believe.
My thoughts exactly.

Kubiak is going to do it his way, as fans we need to accept this. ( ie trade in the 'burned orange' hemlock for some battle red kool aid...)

Kubiak was a QB in the NFL and has successfully coached in the pro-game for several years. HE KNOWS FOOTBALL.

MB posters who delude themselves into thinking they know more than Kubiak about the game,and the players who play the game, , are, well,... foolish comes to mind.

As far as running backs go....I think L Booker might be availabe to us in rd 3.
( I forgive him for not attending ND.)

__________________
"You can talk all you want about freedom of speech, but it's freedom of hearing that counts." Tommy Smothers

Last edited by cuppacoffee; 12-30-2006 at 02:44 PM.
cuppacoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger