Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2006   #1
jdm12
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 31
Rep Power: 0 jdm12 is ridin' the pine
Default Future Of Our Texans

First time poster, long time lurker... Cha Ching!! I swore I would be more active in the community so hear it goes.

In my opinion I believe the Texans are heading in the right direction. I mean seriously what else did we expect from a 2-14 team, with new coaches, new scheme, not so good OL, and quite a few players that Kubes cut that are not in the league anymore. I know I left a lot of things out but I do not want to ramble in my first post.

So, is David still our QB next year or not? I believe he is. Will we draft QB? I think so, but it will not be someone who will immediately replace him. If David is replaced I believe it will be with a FA, veteran QB. But honestly, why would we bring somoene else in here with the type of pass protection our O-Line provides most of the time. Maybe David would have been fine if our running game would have been consistant throughout the year like it was Sunday. However, I think it is impossible for any QB to perform consistantly with hands in their face or getting hit on 3 step drops. Look at Manning last year with he played San Diego and Pittsburg. He looked like an average, at best QB when he was pressured.

So what should be our number one priority in this years draft. I am thinking in the first round have to go OL. I know we lost a few linemen to injuries so maybe a running back if we are not 100% clear on where were stand with DD. Could we fall back on a healty Dayne if DD does not return? Possibly. After all he does not have may miles on him in his 7 or so years in the league. However, I would still lean heavily towards suring up the OL. I am a firm believer that games are won and lost in the trenches. After all without good run blocking you can't run effectively. And without pass protection you can't... well just look at David's sack totals. No not all are on the line but you get the picture.

So what should we do? I just hate the thought of bringing in a new QB and possibly ruining him as well. Just for the record I am neither a DC lover/hater.
I am a Texan fan and support them and the players they choose to put on the field. I may not agree with it, but who am I to second guess people who have a lot more football knowledge than me.

Sorry for such a long post. Happy New Year to everyone and I look forward to being more active on the board.

J
jdm12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod
 
Kaiser Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Straight Outta Austin
Age: 44
Posts: 16,059
Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Future Of Our Texans

Welcome to the Terrordome. Good first post, keep them coming.
__________________
Smell the glove is here
Kaiser Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #3
VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 99
Rep Power: 0 VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Future Of Our Texans

Lifetime Cellar Dwellars...
VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #4
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch
 
cuppacoffee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 74
Posts: 4,566
Rep Power: 57823 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Future Of Our Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm12 View Post

I am a Texan fan and support them and the players they choose to put on the field. I may not agree with it, but who am I to second guess people who have a lot more football knowledge than me.

We should all adopt this mantra....

Sure would make for a boring mb though.

__________________
"Ignorance does not result from what we donít know; ignorance results from what we think we do know." Unknown
cuppacoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #5
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 44
Posts: 3,021
Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Future Of Our Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm12 View Post
Who am I to second guess people who have a lot more football knowledge than me.

We should ALL second guess them.

I am sure you have a job and see people that are supposed to be wizards or know their jobs. What do you find out or figure out? They don't know their jobs, much less their head from the arseee.

My point is, they may not be as smart as you think. Just because they have the job doesn't make them an expert or know what they are doing. Case in point, Charlie Casserly.

Don't give them too much credit is what I am trying to say.

It's like giving too much credit to a consultant because he comes from out of town wearing a fancy suit and driving a nice big luxury car. When in reality, he knows about as much as you do and you could probably figure it out for yourself or even do a better job.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #6
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame
 
valleytexfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rio Grande Valley, TX
Posts: 1,148
Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Future Of Our Texans

welcome...great first post. Go Texans!! What would I do without this board? Read other boards that talk Cowboys....
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #7
kenneth24
Veteran
 
kenneth24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tomball
Age: 38
Posts: 195
Rep Power: 9 kenneth24 is a team player
Default Re: Future Of Our Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
We should ALL second guess them.

I am sure you have a job and see people that are supposed to be wizards or know their jobs. What do you find out or figure out? They don't know their jobs, much less their head from the arseee.

My point is, they may not be as smart as you think. Just because they have the job doesn't make them an expert or know what they are doing. Case in point, Charlie Casserly.

Don't give them too much credit is what I am trying to say.

It's like giving too much credit to a consultant because he comes from out of town wearing a fancy suit and driving a nice big luxury car. When in reality, he knows about as much as you do and you could probably figure it out for yourself or even do a better job.
But wouldn't we on the MB be kind of the guys in the fancy suit and driving a nice big luxury car? We've seen it on TV or played high school or college but act like we know more than the men that have been doing it for years?
kenneth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-27-2006   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame
 
Ole Miss Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,680
Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Future Of Our Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm12 View Post
First time poster, long time lurker... Cha Ching!! I swore I would be more active in the community so hear it goes.

In my opinion I believe the Texans are heading in the right direction. I mean seriously what else did we expect from a 2-14 team, with new coaches, new scheme, not so good OL, and quite a few players that Kubes cut that are not in the league anymore. I know I left a lot of things out but I do not want to ramble in my first post.

So, is David still our QB next year or not? I believe he is. Will we draft QB? I think so, but it will not be someone who will immediately replace him. If David is replaced I believe it will be with a FA, veteran QB. But honestly, why would we bring somoene else in here with the type of pass protection our O-Line provides most of the time. Maybe David would have been fine if our running game would have been consistant throughout the year like it was Sunday. However, I think it is impossible for any QB to perform consistantly with hands in their face or getting hit on 3 step drops. Look at Manning last year with he played San Diego and Pittsburg. He looked like an average, at best QB when he was pressured.

So what should be our number one priority in this years draft. I am thinking in the first round have to go OL. I know we lost a few linemen to injuries so maybe a running back if we are not 100% clear on where were stand with DD. Could we fall back on a healty Dayne if DD does not return? Possibly. After all he does not have may miles on him in his 7 or so years in the league. However, I would still lean heavily towards suring up the OL. I am a firm believer that games are won and lost in the trenches. After all without good run blocking you can't run effectively. And without pass protection you can't... well just look at David's sack totals. No not all are on the line but you get the picture.

So what should we do? I just hate the thought of bringing in a new QB and possibly ruining him as well. Just for the record I am neither a DC lover/hater.
I am a Texan fan and support them and the players they choose to put on the field. I may not agree with it, but who am I to second guess people who have a lot more football knowledge than me.

Sorry for such a long post. Happy New Year to everyone and I look forward to being more active on the board.

J
Great post and I agree with you. I feel however if we want to beat Indy consistently we not only have to put pressure on peyton but need a new CB and new FS. Look at last game..Terrific exciting game...as much TOP we had and as little time peyton had to work with he still threw for 200yds and 3 touchdowns. he didn't lose the game for them his defense did. Just think if we had a legit FS and CB from this draft alone we would have beat them by more that 3 points.

The Ol and RB still need to be upgraded and have more depth then we'll be a great team to beat anybody!
__________________
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #9
mike moffat
Hall of Fame
 
mike moffat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Redding, Ca.
Age: 62
Posts: 3,117
Rep Power: 6673 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Future Of Our Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Great post and I agree with you. I feel however if we want to beat Indy consistently we not only have to put pressure on peyton but need a new CB and new FS. Look at last game..Terrific exciting game...as much TOP we had and as little time peyton had to work with he still threw for 200yds and 3 touchdowns. he didn't lose the game for them his defense did. Just think if we had a legit FS and CB from this draft alone we would have beat them by more that 3 points.

The Ol and RB still need to be upgraded and have more depth then we'll be a great team to beat anybody!
Agreed. I think that you are right on the money here. We still need a ton of help on both sides of the ball. Earlier in the season, I made statements like, all teams have to do is throw on us on every down. They would score at will. Our secondary is really suspect.
__________________
Mike....A TEXAS BOY forever!
mike moffat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame
 
HJam72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over here.
Age: 41
Posts: 11,514
Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Future Of Our Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Great post and I agree with you. I feel however if we want to beat Indy consistently we not only have to put pressure on peyton but need a new CB and new FS. Look at last game..Terrific exciting game...as much TOP we had and as little time peyton had to work with he still threw for 200yds and 3 touchdowns. he didn't lose the game for them his defense did. Just think if we had a legit FS and CB from this draft alone we would have beat them by more that 3 points.

The Ol and RB still need to be upgraded and have more depth then we'll be a great team to beat anybody!
I still think DBs should be our #1 priority this offseason. What we have now is half of a legitimate backfield.
__________________

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #11
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you
 
powerfuldragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: your lady's sexdreams.
Age: 28
Posts: 17,102
Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: Future Of Our Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Welcome to the Terrordome. Good first post, keep them coming.
i agree. this guy's good.
__________________
disregard above post.
powerfuldragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #12
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame
 
TexanFanInCC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Richmond / Corpus Christi
Age: 29
Posts: 1,326
Rep Power: 11 TexanFanInCC is a team player
Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC
Default Re: Future Of Our Texans

lol 1 post = pro bowl ballet.

reminds me of someone who plays on the texans...





...


*cough ahem demeco ahem cough cough ryans cough*

nah, good 1st post though. one thing is for sure, our offseasons always give us something to talk about, especially around draft day. i mean, what exactly do patriots fans or colts fans talk about in the offseason when it isnt nearing draft week?
__________________
wishlist: DT, SS, CB, FS ....see the trend? (recipe for greatness)
TexanFanInCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #13
Trenches
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 171
Rep Power: 9 Trenches is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Future Of Our Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Great post and I agree with you. I feel however if we want to beat Indy consistently we not only have to put pressure on peyton but need a new CB and new FS. Look at last game..Terrific exciting game...as much TOP we had and as little time peyton had to work with he still threw for 200yds and 3 touchdowns. he didn't lose the game for them his defense did. Just think if we had a legit FS and CB from this draft alone we would have beat them by more that 3 points.

The Ol and RB still need to be upgraded and have more depth then we'll be a great team to beat anybody!

beat Indy consistently? lets start by beatinig Tennessee consistently and then work our way up.
Trenches is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger