Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-27-2006   #1
OrangeCountyTexansFan
Veteran

Default Will he or won't he? Thoughts on Bill Cowher and retirement

I've always liked Bill Cowher. To me, he is what a NFL coach looks like: hard nosed, all seriousness, no fooling around. Even when he is happy he looks like he is ready to rip somebody's head off. If he does retire I will hate to see him go. Some college would probably want him, but I don't know if he'd want to take a step down. And I don't think he'd fit into the commentator role. If Cowher retires, where do you think he'll go? Or do you think he'll leave at all? Thoughts?
Old 12-27-2006   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will he or won't he? Thoughts on Bill Cowher and retirement

He's playing the R.Clemens/Favre card on the Steelers...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #3
OrangeCountyTexansFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
From what I'm hearing on the talk shows, the Steelers want to keep him. I don't think you should just walk away after a dismal season. You need to go out on top. I'd say he'll be back with about a 90% chance.
As for Farve, I think he needs to just let it go and quit chasing the record books. He's got a ring already, something Marino never had...
Old 12-27-2006   #4
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree, he'll be back. He just wants a big payday....

I kinda agree on the Favre thing. He wants the records, but i mean he can still physically play. He still has the big arm. If you can still do it, I dont see why you cant continue. Athletes are so competitive...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #5
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

If Cowher leaves, he can't coach in the NFL til 2008.
Old 12-27-2006   #6
Purple Bliss
Rookie

From what I understand from listening to the local sports talk shows here on the east coast, Cowher plans on retiring soon if not next year. He already has a large home in North Carolina where he and his wife both went to college. His wife and his daughters have already moved back to N.C. where they rumor that Cowher has a coaching position waiting for him at North Carolina State University. We shall see.
Purple Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006   #7
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 111743 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
If this were Week 3 in 2007 I would agree with you.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-29-2006   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Bliss View Post
From what I understand from listening to the local sports talk shows here on the east coast, Cowher plans on retiring soon if not next year. He already has a large home in North Carolina where he and his wife both went to college. His wife and his daughters have already moved back to N.C. where they rumor that Cowher has a coaching position waiting for him at North Carolina State University. We shall see.
It won't be the HC job at NC State unless they decide to fire Tom O'Brian so soon.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006   #9
opus74
Rookie

John McClain (remember him?) says he'll retire for a year and come back in '08 to take over the Browns.
The Rooneys won't pay him top 5 money.
opus74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read