Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-27-2006   #1
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Default Carr's going away party this Sunday....

How will you thank him?

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Carr's going away party this Sunday....

where is he going?
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #3
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

Well he is McNair's boy so I am not to sure this is it.

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #4
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I will not be there as I am headed for a cruise the next day. I did not boo him this past Sunday and have never done so at the game. I do want him to play well as his play does impact our team positively or negatively. Furthermore, his play will have an impact on his perceived value for any possible trade offers, that is if anyone is interested. Carr playing well is a win win situation in my opinion, always has.
Old 12-27-2006   #5
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullpen Drew View Post
How will you thank him?
by giving him another year here at 4-5 mil
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #6
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
where is he going?
I am going to say he might be the Lion's QB!

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Old 12-27-2006   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

the lions will draft brady quinn most likely.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-27-2006   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
the lions will draft brady quinn most likely.
The smart move would to not take him, but they will. They will have so much money tied up on the offensive side of the ball they better be the Greatest Show on Turf II.
Old 12-27-2006   #9
SESupergenius

The catch 22 is that we call it a day with the Carr era and draft a rookie QB in a draft class that isn't all that special and try to make this rookie QB the next Vince Young, putting all of our hopes into him while trying to ease feelings of VY lovers because we didn't draft him. We draft a QB in the 1st round while neglecting other needed areas. Or we can stick with Carr if he finishes with a strong game against the Browns and finish 6-10 (exactly where I pegged them to finish this year), build up on this team that finishes on high note. We then draft in needed areas CB, OL, S, etc... and take a QB late in the draft that fits our scheme. If Rosenfels is as good as people were making him out to be this year, then there is no reason to reach for a QB this year in a weak QB draft class.
Old 12-27-2006   #10
VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent
Rookie

Quote:
How will you thank him?
Give him Boob McLoser's *** - he's been hanging on it for the last five years!
VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
The smart move would to not take him, but they will. They will have so much money tied up on the offensive side of the ball they better be the Greatest Show on Turf II.
If there were any organization I could understand a QB refusing to play for..... It would be Detroit. There has not been one QB to make it out of Detroit...... not one, ever.

Even if the Almighty Vince Young would have gone to Detroit, his career would have been over before it started.
Old 12-27-2006   #12
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
by giving him another year here at 4-5 mil
I hope that you prove to be right.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #13
VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If there were any organization I could understand a QB refusing to play for..... It would be Detroit. There has not been one QB to make it out of Detroit...... not one, ever.

Even if the Almighty Vince Young would have gone to Detroit, his career would have been over before it started.
WHY would Detroit want Carr? He sucks more than they do...
VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #14
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

I will remember the leap against Jacksonville, the 2nd half against Minnesota and the Dallas game in 2002. But mostly I'll reflect back on the 5 years of incompetence and all the games that he lost for us by turning the ball over, making dumb mistakes or simply not making any plays. I think we will feel a huge sigh of relief in this city when the David Carr era officially ends.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #15
ROCKY
Rookie

Maybe ill get him something for his home, as he will be here for a long time to come. Then I will have to hand out a bunch of towels for the haters to cry on.

ROCKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #16
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't get it we could very well go 6-10 after a 2-14 season last year and people still have it out for him. I understandhe made some mistakes this season but not untill the oline got injuried. Yes he should still be able to play good regaurdless but after 5 years of getting beat up and getting up it might still be in his head but I think it he is getting better at adjusting. We saw what happen when he had time to step up in the pocket and throw. I am not going to try and change anybody's mind I do not have the time or energy to do the impossible but I really think he and the team turned a corner last Sunday. If you do not agree well I really don't care but he did lead this team to it's first win aginst the Colts like it or not if he does not manage the game like he was suppose to if he does not make that throw at the end of the game the Texans don't win and for some of the fans on this MB not to give him some credit for the win is a shame and I will not give a second thought to their reply's for the simple fact that all they are are Carr haters and can not give a person their due even if it was for one game.
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #17
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughnecks View Post
If you do not agree well I really don't care but he did lead this team to it's first win aginst the Colts like it or not if he does not manage the game like he was suppose to if he does not make that throw at the end of the game the Texans don't win and for some of the fans on this MB not to give him some credit for the win is a shame and I will not give a second thought to their reply's for the simple fact that all they are are Carr haters and can not give a person their due even if it was for one game.
Holy run-on sentence Batman.

Look, just because somebody sees Carr's faults doesn't make them a "hater".
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #18
MrMeToo
All Pro

Hopefully the Texans will thank him by trading him...It will do all of us a favor.
Old 12-27-2006   #19
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
Holy run-on sentence Batman.

Look, just because somebody sees Carr's faults doesn't make them a "hater".
HAHA that was too funny! Mix in a comma or something!!

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Old 12-27-2006   #20
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How will you thank him?
Sheesh. Even in the face of total defeat & disappointment, you guys won't let it go. You guys are going to have to come to grips with the fact that Carr will be here next year.

As far as, how I will thank him? I'll cheer him on, because he'll still be a Texan, & I'm a Texan's fan.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read