Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-27-2006   #1
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Unanimous MVP?

I'm thinking LT is MVP this year hands down. Does anyone even come close?

The only other person I see out there is Drew Brees, but with numbers like LT has put up......it's hard to argue.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Unanimous MVP?

brees is more valuable than tomlinson.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #3
wicked_wayz
all blacks

saints has a great team but brees is the reason why the saints are a playoff team
Old 12-27-2006   #4
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Tomlinson. Brees has had a great year for sure, but LT has gotten so much exposure this year that it's inevitable. I do think Sean Payton will be coach of the year though, and deservedly so.
Old 12-27-2006   #5
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

LT will most likely get MVP, Peyton for coach of the year, but that will be a little closer than the MVP race, as Mangini and the Jets is also a hell of a story for that team, how he's turned that team around like the Saints.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

It is between LT and Brees and LT gets it. Brees will get some piece of hardware as he is the story of the year.

What is it about QB's and Austin?
Old 12-27-2006   #7
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
brees is more valuable than tomlinson.
QBs are always more valuable than running backs, and any other position
for that matter.
LT will probably get the award, and he is a great football player.But ultimately
he's just not quite as valuable, quite as important to his team as Brees is to the Saints.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-27-2006   #8
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Is it possible to see another co MVP?

I think the value to both teams is about right. Brees has done a phenominal job no doubt. The difference is numbers. Both are division winners but San Diego has the better record.

They both are the catalysts of their teams. Rivers has been hot and cold. Merriman on suspension. WR at NO have been beat up.The Reggie Saga(who i will grudgingly admit has played better of late) Both have had their share of records this season.

I think LT will win out in the end but....it is itching at the back of my head another co MVP could be in place. Specially if Brees winds up the year on a great game.
Please_Evolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Brees has Comeback Player of the Year award locked, and this time it makes sense. I've been thinking Co-MVP, but in the end, LT should get it.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #10
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

MVP: Drew Brees
Most Impressive: LT
Player who impacted his team so much and they would be horrible without him: Vince Young
Head Coach of the Year: Payton
Old 12-28-2006   #11
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

LT can block, run, catch, pass... what more does he have to do, make tackles n' kick/punt as well? I do agree that Brees has been the missing piece that the Saints have been looking for and should be the lock for Comeback Player Of The Year which should give LT the right to be named the NFL MVP, JMO!
Old 12-28-2006   #12
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

comeback player of the year? he's been great for 2 years now. give it to pennington or javon walker.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #13
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

It's just hard to dispute LTs numbers. The guy is breaking records left and right.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #14
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

LT, no way in Heck that team goes anywhere without him.
Old 12-28-2006   #15
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

LT or Brees for MVP?
Do you prefer green m&m's or red m&m's?
"Potayto" or "potahto"?
Hardee's or Carl's Jr.?
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #16
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Toro View Post
LT or Brees for MVP?
Do you prefer green m&m's or red m&m's?
"Potayto" or "potahto"?
Hardee's or Carl's Jr.?
Kaiser Toro or Dr. Toro? I prefer my Toro Kaisered.
Old 12-28-2006   #17
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
comeback player of the year? he's been great for 2 years now. give it to pennington or javon walker.
Seeing as how Pennington came back from two identical injuries in two years, he does seem more deserving.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #18
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
QBs are always more valuable than running backs, and any other positionfor that matter.
LT will probably get the award, and he is a great football player.But ultimately
he's just not quite as valuable, quite as important to his team as Brees is to the Saints.
I guess we should just call it Most Valuable Quarterback. Both teams would be in alot of trouble with out those two. LT should get it hands down he is having a historical year for a RB. I bet one record he has broke this year is breaking the most records in one year ever.

On a side note if the award is for most valuable player to there team. Peyton wins hands down they would be awful without him. The timing between the WR and backup QB is probably not very good at all. The running game couldnt rely on the passing game to open holes and the defense couldnt rely on the offense to outscore the other team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #19
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

No doubt in my mind that LT is the MVP for the league. Brees is certainly the come back player and the MVP of his team and of QBs.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006   #20
jlam
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 jlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respected

One could make the arguement that the Chargers would still be a much better team without Tomlinson than the Saints would be without Brees. However, as a poster on the Saints' board put it, you have to look at the historical aspect of what LT has accomplished this season. If he were to not get the MVP, it would be one of those situations where when, in 15 years (or however long) when Tomlinson is being inducted into the Hall of Fame, people will be saying, " How in the world did this guy NOT win the MVP that year?"

Any other year, Brees should be the clear favorite. But Tomlinson has had arguably the best all-around season for a RB ever and has done it with class and humility. For that reason I think he should be rewarded with the highest individual honor the NFL has, which is the MVP award, regardless of semantics (who is more "valuable").

On a side note, I also think Pennington should win the Comeback Player of the Year award for afforementioned reasons. Brees would be my Offensive Player of the Year. Jason Taylor is my DPOY (Consideration to Champ Bailey) , DeMeco is the obvious DROY, and Payton should win Coach of the Year. OROY I'm torn on. I think Vince Young will win it, though I don't know if I agree with it or not. I can see the reasoning on both sides, but Colston has had a great year ALL year (beside the 2 3/4 games missed after his ankle was rolled up on) and Maurice Jones-Drew has been a scoring machine while splitting time. Someone deserving is going to get left out no matter what.
jlam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read