Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-26-2006   #1
jhowie007
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to jhowie007 Send a message via Yahoo to jhowie007
Default David Carr STILL HAS TO GO!

I don't care if we win our next game too, David Carr can't be here next year if the texans want to start winning. I am hearing that the Texans are still saying Carr is still our man for next season and he has potential. This scares me and I don't want to waste money on another year of lousy football if Carr is back. McNair needs to start listening to his fans.
jhowie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006   #2
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: David Carr STILL HAS TO GO!

No, he doesn't.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006   #3
profan
Veteran

Well, i really don't know who's available. i would like to see us draft a qb, keep carr and sage, and have a true qb competition like every other position. If dave is the best of the three, then, start him, but let's be very fair and if sage is the best, then he is our starter, while we develop the draft choice.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006   #4
whotex8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowie007 View Post
I don't care if we win our next game too, David Carr can't be here next year if the texans want to start winning. I am hearing that the Texans are still saying Carr is still our man for next season and he has potential. This scares me and I don't want to waste money on another year of lousy football if Carr is back. McNair needs to start listening to his fans.
We don't really have a say so.
There are many fans out there that still support DC. Just because the non-supporters seem to out-number the supporters on this MB doesn't mean that "everyone" has lost confidence in him.
The final decision is out of our hands and I think that when Kubes was hired, there was a 3-5 year plan for the team building (3 of those which included DC...for better or worse).
If our team shows positive things this week on the field (consistant with the Colts game), then I believe that there is an indication that there is a glimmer of hope. I for one am really hoping that this is the case.
Old 12-26-2006   #5
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Give me your tickets man...since u hate the Texans and all...
Old 12-26-2006   #6
old football fan
Veteran

Wouldn't it be funny if we let Carr go and next year he takes a team to the Superbowl and we have another losing season with a new QB be it Sage or Plummer. Wonder what this thread would be like. "Those stupid Texans traded away our best player." Just day dreaming
old football fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006   #7
hellbentforfootball
Rookie

Rep Power: 219 hellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respected

Well as a 5 year season ticket holder, I for one believe Mr Carr will be back and the fact is I want him back. What people fail to understand is that we could have very well have been +3 victories if not for Jameel Cook personally costing us 2 games, and the brain fart of the blitz on VY on 3rd and 15 (why we did that is totally beyond me). The stinkers were against Dal,Phil,Wash,Indy, and New England thats 5 out of 15 games. You see nay sayers, you all got very spoiled when we won 4 of 16, 5 of 16, 7 of 16, then the major drop off. The fact is as we were an expansion team we had no business winning that amount of games in our FIRST 3 seasons. So we were basically having to start over this season and we came damn close making a season of it. Oh yeah did I fail to mention that we beat Indy with 16 players on IR. WTF people how yall can't get behind this team is a disgrace. I'm not saying I approve of every move we've made, but for us to finish up with 2 wins (yeah i said it) on a high note says alot about the very fabric of this team which is "never under estimate us."
hellbentforfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-26-2006   #8
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
No, he doesn't.
Yes, he does.
Old 12-26-2006   #9
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by old football fan View Post
Wouldn't it be funny if we let Carr go and next year he takes a team to the Superbowl and we have another losing season with a new QB be it Sage or Plummer. Wonder what this thread would be like. "Those stupid Texans traded away our best player." Just day dreaming
That won't happen.
Old 12-26-2006   #10
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Is that you Doug in the Woodlands ?
Old 12-26-2006   #11
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

He can go to the highest bidder...

Kubiak & Smith, get us some picks!
Old 12-26-2006   #12
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it is mighty ballsy of everyone to bashing our Quarter Back Mr. David "ZOOLANDER" Carr (own personal male model) . The guy has only been in the league for 5 years and out of that 5 years he's only had maybe 68 bad games (regular season). some of you might argue that hey theres only been 79 games, well to you I say a good QB has to have atleast 80 games before hes a good QB. I can only imagine how good he'll be next year....

HA HA HA HAHA ummmm sorry ....
Old 12-26-2006   #13
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

If I am not mistaken Farve and Steve Young didn't do well on the first teams they were on. IMHO the Texans blew it in this year's draft, so hindsight deals don't really impress me. Young was my first choice simply because of his track record for leadership and winning against all odds, and if he turns out to be as special as I think he will be, why not as a Texan. Then, there was Reggie Bush, Heisman Trophy winner, incredible stats, and again no thanks.

I also believe that Carr has been at a disadvantage since joining the team and was given the responsibility of a seasoned quarterback from day one. Yes, Vince is starting now, but David was never considered to be on-the-bench to train before taking over the team. I guess I will always respect him for the heart that he gave for the first four years despite the little help received from his O-Line. Whether it's here or somewhere else, I believe he has enough battle scars to enjoy a very good career in the right system.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006   #14
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMBH View Post
If I am not mistaken Farve and Steve Young didn't do well on the first teams they were on. IMHO the Texans blew it in this year's draft, so hindsight deals don't really impress me. Young was my first choice simply because of his track record for leadership and winning against all odds, and if he turns out to be as special as I think he will be, why not as a Texan. Then, there was Reggie Bush, Heisman Trophy winner, incredible stats, and again no thanks.

I also believe that Carr has been at a disadvantage since joining the team and was given the responsibility of a seasoned quarterback from day one. Yes, Vince is starting now, but David was never considered to be on-the-bench to train before taking over the team. I guess I will always respect him for the heart that he gave for the first four years despite the little help received from his O-Line. Whether it's here or somewhere else, I believe he has enough battle scars to enjoy a very good career in the right system.

that was good, I actually teared up.

:: alright everyone get David out from under that bus ::
Old 12-26-2006   #15
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Smile Re: David Carr STILL HAS TO GO!

Carr still has to go?.....Is it a bladder thing
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006   #16
skillz24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeToo View Post
Yes, he does.
Look they have invested the future of the next two years with David...stop whinning about it, if you don't want to go watch us make the turn and head to the playoffs send your tickets to me. God i live in Canton OH i wouldn't care about flying down to texas for 8 games next year. We are starting to get some talent in here finally another draft and we will look to compete and win constantly.
skillz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006   #17
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbentforfootball View Post
Well as a 5 year season ticket holder, I for one believe Mr Carr will be back and the fact is I want him back. What people fail to understand is that we could have very well have been +3 victories if not for Jameel Cook personally costing us 2 games, and the brain fart of the blitz on VY on 3rd and 15 (why we did that is totally beyond me). The stinkers were against Dal,Phil,Wash,Indy, and New England thats 5 out of 15 games. You see nay sayers, you all got very spoiled when we won 4 of 16, 5 of 16, 7 of 16, then the major drop off. The fact is as we were an expansion team we had no business winning that amount of games in our FIRST 3 seasons. So we were basically having to start over this season and we came damn close making a season of it. Oh yeah did I fail to mention that we beat Indy with 16 players on IR. WTF people how yall can't get behind this team is a disgrace. I'm not saying I approve of every move we've made, but for us to finish up with 2 wins (yeah i said it) on a high note says alot about the very fabric of this team which is "never under estimate us."
Classic Texan Fan:

Could of, would of, should of...

I can play your game:

What if the Texans had drafted Vince Young?
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006   #18
Baranghoori
Veteran

Quote:
McNair needs to start listening to his fans.
...cause if there's any way to win, that's it!
Baranghoori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006   #19
TXN008
Rookie

It doesn't matter how good the Texans do....the same bashers will still be here trashing DC and the "target of the week".
When a thread starts out with "I don't care if we win our next game too...." He ain't no fan!
He knew it would draw the DC haters like moths to a flame... ..and it did!
  1. I hope we beat the Browns and our entire team looks great this week.
  2. I hope we end the season with 2 (back to back) hometown wins.
  3. I hope we end the season with 6 wins.
  4. I hope they bring back Carr next season and he leads our team (with a better O-line, a kick@ss Defense) to a spectacular winning season.

But regardless...the same haters and bashers will still be here because "it's what they live for".

Some of us "Live for Sundays", while others "live for 'hatin' and bashin' the rest of the week."

It's what they do......BEST!

Last edited by TXN008; 12-26-2006 at 11:25 PM.
TXN008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006   #20
sleepwalker
Veteran

Carr will be here next year...We are all going to just have to deal with it...If you're going to say he has to go, at least offer some sort of solution to the problem or idea.
sleepwalker is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read