Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-26-2006   #1
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Buster Davis - Noles' Davis thinks, plays like a coach

Not sure where we would put him, but I just love watching this kid play.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...s/16309653.htm

snippet:
Although Davis lacks ideal NFL size -- he is listed at 5-10, 240 pounds -- he has earned his share of predraft attention. NFL draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. recently called Davis a smaller version of Ray Lewis, and the Seminoles' coaches said pro scouts like his intelligence, quickness and passion for the game.

For example, consider Davis' response when asked last week about his motivation for playing in the second-tier Emerald Bowl on Wednesday against UCLA.

''We've only got 60 more minutes left,'' he said. ``We might as well make it the best 60 minutes you've ever played.''

Sounds like a coach already.
Old 12-26-2006   #2
real

Default Re: Buster Davis - Noles' Davis thinks, plays like a coach

If we drafted him....

With the likes of Greenwood, and Orr running around I'm sure we could find a spot for him...
Old 12-27-2006   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey 'Meco needs a running mate to make an excellent tandem.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #4
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

He could play all of the LB positions, I can promise you that. He is worth a first rounder IMO, so if he fell to the second (much like Meco did), I think we should select him.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #5
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
He could play all of the LB positions, I can promise you that. He is worth a first rounder IMO, so if he fell to the second (much like Meco did), I think we should select him.
Spoken like a true . Does he have an agent? If not, you should call him.
Old 12-27-2006   #6
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Spoken like a true . Does he have an agent? If not, you should call him.
I dont understand how that makes him a homer. Its true if Buster Davis falls to the second round he would be a steal. But I guess since he has Seminole in his name it makes him a homer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #7
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
I dont understand how that makes him a homer. Its true if Buster Davis falls to the second round he would be a steal. But I guess since he has Seminole in his name it makes him a homer.
I was just having a little fun, Seminole was doing such a great sell on Davis that he could be his agent. What Seminole says might all be true but if your name is Seminole and you write this about the guy "He could play all of the LB positions, I can promise you that," you gotta be a
Old 12-27-2006   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was just having a little fun, Seminole was doing such a great sell on Davis that he could be his agent. What Seminole says might all be true but if your name is Seminole and you write this about the guy "He could play all of the LB positions, I can promise you that," you gotta be a
If only Patrick Willis could fall to us in the 2nd.

I will say I wouldn't mind us picking up buster in the 2nd if he's there but I also wouldn't mind us picking up one of the top cb's if the fall too. (if we pick FS in first and we dont address cb in offseason). I will say I trust kubes to come up with someone good. buster and meco could be aweson together.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #9
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I guess it's true...but watch him play and tell me differently.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I only saw last nights game but he didn't impress.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #11
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I only saw last nights game but he didn't impress.
Dang you're tough Tejano.

I think he is a fine prospect. But...and I'm going to get Hammered...where ya going to play him ? The 5'11' means something. It means he's a Mike at the next level. Now I don't mind...but what we're talkin about here is moving Demeeco to will.
Which is something I've been wanting to see since day 1. So it isn't going to bother me. He has the right size and motor no doubt...but running with NFL tightends doesn't look like that will be his stong suite. That rules out Sam. I'd rather have someone a bit more flexible. But as you say he would be a bargin in the second round.

I've seen Willis solidly in the first rounds now.. He won't drop. Davis might. And then there's Blades and Conner...Like I said
Might be able to hold off on the LB prospect untill the third. I like them all for their level of senior production and size. Any one of them adds superior tallent to this roster. I was hoping that Peak would be "the guy". But...he never could stand up and play with his knuckles off the ground.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 12-28-2006 at 02:57 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #12
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Dang you're tough Tejano.

I think he is a fine prospect. But...and I'm going to get Hammered...where ya going to play him ? The 5'11' means something. It means he's a Mike at the next level. Now I don't mind...but what we're talkin about here is moving Demeeco to will.
Which is something I've been wanting to see since day 1. So it isn't going to bother me. He has the right size and motor no doubt...but running with NFL tightends doesn't look like that will be his stong suite. That rules out Sam. I'd rather have someone a bit more flexible. But as you say he would be a bargin in the second round.

I've seen willis solidly in the first rounds now.. He won't drop. Davis might.
Mr Buster is actually pretty good in coverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006   #13
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
Mr Buster is actually pretty good in coverage.
Well we got the AFC west next year. And New Orleans. We'll find out in spades pretty darn quick won't we ?
Old 12-29-2006   #14
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
I've seen Willis solidly in the first rounds now.. He won't drop. Davis might. And then there's Blades and Conner...Like I said
Might be able to hold off on the LB prospect until the third.
I say if we are picking 10th, then grab Connor in the 2nd, he can play the SAM like we need. Blades and Davis both project to the middle because of there height, but that is said not knowing who has fallen to our pick, I would have to look real hard at Staley and where you see him falling in the draft. (depending on Spencer's progress).
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read