Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-26-2006   #1
Panther5407
All Pro

Default What about Carr to the Bears?

I was discussing the Texans with some of my friends and family and why not try to trade Carr to the Bears? They aren't sure of Grossman and Carr would be an insurance policy (like Harrington in Miami). Plus, see if they wanna unload one of their runningbacks. Benson is suppose to be unhappy there and I'm sure he wouldn't mind coming back home to Texas. I wouldn't even mind having Thomas Jones in the backfield either. Its just a thought and I wanted to see what othere people thought?
Old 12-26-2006   #2
Panther5407
All Pro

Default Re: What about Carr the Bears?

I meant Carr to the Bears, my mistake
Old 12-26-2006   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sure I would want Cedric Benson in Texas among such class acts as Ramonce Taylor, Aaron Ross, Aaron Harris, Tarrell Brown, and Reggie McNeal.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006   #4
Panther5407
All Pro

Ya thats true, I would rather have Jones here personally, just everyone else I've talked to about it said Benson.
Old 12-26-2006   #5
cadahnic
All Pro

Not going to happen. The Bears don't want a $5 million a year insurance policy at QB, and they aren't going to give up Cedric Benson and take that cap hit, not that I really want him here anyways.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

griese is already their insurance policy. and i'm thinking they'll stick with grossman.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006   #7
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Why is everyone so obsessed with Benson?

The guy is overrated, has a ton of miles on his tires, and none of his teammates like him. Like someone else said, if we were going to go after a Bears RB, we should go after Thomas Jones.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-26-2006   #8
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What about Carr to the Bears?

Benson played for UT so he doesn't qualify to play for the Texans.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006   #9
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

I agree about Benson. The guy was good at Texas but he has baggage. Even if you discount the baggage, I just don't want any guy who is 'unhappy' when he is playing on a 13 or 14 win team that has home field throughout the playoffs. Any player that is unhappy in that situation is by definition NOT A TEAM PLAYER and not someone I want on our team.

I think Dayne, Lundy, and Taylor is a pretty good corps of running backs with a good measure of upside.
Old 12-26-2006   #10
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Sloan Thomas played for our practice squad for a year. after all, he 'deserved' the practice squad relegation after leading the Texans in receptions and yardage in preseason of Year 3. All kidding aside, Benson would probably cost a helluva lot more than just David Carr.
Old 12-27-2006   #11
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

ill settle for some magic beans from the bears for our not so great Carr
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #12
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.
Old 12-27-2006   #13
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

I was actually discussing this very idea with a friend of mine from chicago. The deal we threw around was Houston trades Carr to Chicago for the Chicago's 3rd rounder in the 2007 draft plus running back Adrian Peterson.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #14
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
I was actually discussing this very idea with a friend of mine from chicago. The deal we threw around was Houston trades Carr to Chicago for the Chicago's 3rd rounder in the 2007 draft plus running back Adrian Peterson.
How great would it be to have 2 Adrian Petersons. LOL. They should wear similar numbers and both trot out onto the field.
dtran04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #15
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
How great would it be to have 2 Adrian Petersons. LOL. They should wear similar numbers and both trot out onto the field.
That would be too confusing for all the drunks at the game, they would think they are seeing double and stop buying beers.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #16
Haams
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
Why is everyone so obsessed with Benson?

The guy is overrated, has a ton of miles on his tires, and none of his teammates like him. Like someone else said, if we were going to go after a Bears RB, we should go after Thomas Jones.
Not that I think there's any chance of this (trade) happening, but explain yourself. How does Benson have a "ton of miles on his tires"? He only has 211 NFL carries (compared to 1340 for Jones.) Also, why would you consider it likely that the Bears would be interested in giving up the 10th leading rusher in the league and their most consistent offensive player?

I think people are interested in Benson because he is a high caliber prospect that hasn't had a real opportunity to prove himself in the NFL. He's young and hasn't taken a beating from pro defenses yet. He seems to fit a Kubiak style as far as not dancing around in the backfield, never having negative yard plays. I don't see it happening, but if we could convince Chicago to give us Benson and turn him into our workhorse I think that would be a great thing. We could bring in a speedy playmaking back as well and have a potent one-two punch (potentially.)
Old 12-27-2006   #17
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 57823 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre View Post
Most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.
Hey...they're sippers what do you expect.

Should be edited to read "All TU players are not necessarily qualified to play for the Texans".
Old 12-27-2006   #18
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther5407 View Post
They aren't sure of Grossman and Carr would be an insurance policy (like Harrington in Miami).
Lose Cedric Benson for another QB that they'd be unsure of?

Don't see that happening.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #19
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Hey, anywhere but TEXAS!
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #20
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I'm not sure I would want Cedric Benson in Texas among such class acts as Ramonce Taylor, Aaron Ross, Aaron Harris, Tarrell Brown, and Reggie McNeal.
While I don't necessarily agee w/ you, I can see why you would question some of the above mentioned players' character....But what has Aaron Ross done for you to question him?

There is no need to try to shed a bad light on the Thorpe Award Winner. He is a standup man and citizen who has overcome a lot just to play the game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read