Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who gets the nod?
Davis - Hollings - Wells 10 18.18%
Davis - Wells - Hollings 20 36.36%
Wells - Davis - Hollings 15 27.27%
Wells - Hollings - Davis 8 14.55%
Hollings - Davis - Wells 0 0%
Hollings - Wells - Davis 2 3.64%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2004   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans RB vs. Vikings.

Who gets the nod?

This is really a tough decision. Wells played great. And deserves more time. But I think you have to go back to the starter in Davis. There is nothing wrong with having a good backup.

Ill take Davis to start. With Hollings 2nd, and Wells 3rd, like the begining of the year.

Hollings will switch up the speed. And Wells will come in if Davis get hurts, or they need 1 or 2 tgough yards.

As a fan, I would like to see Wells get the start. JMO.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, if it's a running back by committee approach like Capers said it would be, then I guess it doesn't matter who gets the start. Right?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Right. I posted this before I read the thread about RBBC. I happen to like the approach. I think Davis should get most of the plays though. But not as many as he got when he started.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004   #4
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

If this is the way it is, perhaps we should look at Cedric Benson in the draft next year.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I am thinking that Benson would be heavily persued by our team in the draft. Lets just support the guys we have now as they aren't so bad themselves. Actually I look for DDavis to have an awesome game today.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004   #6
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Start Hollings!! Wells did get a buck-0-five last Sunday, but alot of that can be attributed to our front line. Who's to say Davis / Hollings wouldn't have got more?

We spent a 2nd round pick on him (the highest we've taken and a running back thus far), so it's not an unreasonable move to start him 2 years removed from his knee injury against an inferior defense.

Granted, Wells is the superior pass blocker among the 3, but he does not give you that big run speed that Hollings does. I think it's time we see what Hollings can do with a healthy, motivated line / quarterback.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

If everyone is healthy I see Dom starting, with Hollings and Wells taking about 1/3 of the touches (combined) and Davis to have about 3/4ths of the total carries.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-08-2004   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
If everyone is healthy I see Dom starting, with Hollings and Wells taking about 1/3 of the touches (combined) and Davis to have about 3/4ths of the total carries.
Man we are going to do great if we get credit for 108% of the rushing plays we actually run.
Old 10-08-2004   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Man we are going to do great if we get credit for 108% of the rushing plays we actually run.
lol, geez...and I supposedly use numbers to make a living

1/3 - 2/3rds is what I meant.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004   #10
Txnpride
Veteran

I would feed the ball to wells...he did A great job last week,and I think he wants to show everybody he can be A starter(nothing Like Having A Hungry Player Ready To Run ).let the man run,if he doesnt produce,give it to Hollings...leave DD Out If At All Possible....its A long season....let him heal 1 More Week...and Come Back 100%
Txnpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004   #11
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

I've given Wells hell for the last 2 years, but he looked pretty damn good against Oakland. That being said, if DD is COMPLETELY HEALTHY, he gets the start. If not, Wells should get the start and DD should sit. If DD says he is 90%, he sits unless he is absolutely needed. In a perfect world, I would want DD to sit out until he is 100%, but as we all know, nothing is perfect. Honestly, I would hate to see DD go out there too soon and end up on the DL for the year.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004   #12
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle

Granted, Wells is the superior pass blocker

BAM!!!!!!!!!! There's your most important difference between the three. We need pass blocking. He's the best at that and he rushed for 105 yds. last week WITH NO FUMBLES. He's also the least injury prone AND the best in the red zone. Wells wasn't ready in the past. That happens. He's ready now, so let's use him.

I'm still for RBBC, however. I want to see that happen for now.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004   #13
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Thought the last thing I heard was that Wells will start. .. .. steelblue brothers
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004   #14
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
He's the best at that and he rushed for 105 yds. last week WITH NO FUMBLES.
you must've missed that... Wells DID fumble last week, and the Raiders recovered.
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004   #15
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I know when you fumble, it's a fumble no matter what, put a defender did put a helmet on the ball.
Old 10-09-2004   #16
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Take it for what it's worth :

From houstontexans.com

Texans running back Domanick Davis took more reps at practice Friday afternoon and is listed as probable for the teamís game against the Minnesota Vikings Sunday afternoon at Reliant Stadium.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004   #17
actionbull
Rookie

Default DD is the man

If he is healthy, he's the guy. I have a good feeling about this game. It is tough to play in Reliant and it will be nice to see how the vikes handle a hostile holler house.

Go Texans!
actionbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004   #18
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

I say give it to D.D i think he should have fixed the fumbling problem by now ! And if not now we know we have guys who can step in and get the job done as well ! But i think in the end D.D will get the majority of the carries even w/ Doms who RBBC thingy !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge
you must've missed that... Wells DID fumble last week, and the Raiders recovered.
Yeah, you're right. I missed the first quarter and a half or so--something like that. Anyway, he still did well.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read