Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-25-2006   #1
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default postgame quote

I'm semi hesitant to post this as it's another Carr thread, BUT, this is what Steve McKinney had to say after the game....courtesy of The Chronic.

""David is not a one-man team," McKinney said. "He can't win the game by himself. When the guys around him play the way they're capable of playing, he's going to look like a much better quarterback. That's what happened today.

"When you're able to run the football and you keep him protected, you're going to have a lot more success and he's going to look better. David is a fine quarterback. He has all the skills and the leadership skills that we need at that position."

Thats pretty good praise from a veteran of the NFL I think. There are a lot of DC detractors on this board, but I think he deserves to be in the mix next season to compete for the starting job.

Merry Christmas and Go Texans!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4425085.html
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #2
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default Re: postgame quote

The smart football people know this. But as Caddy said this MB is about flame wars!

Good post, Ive read or heard that quite a few times from the players and big props to McKinney for stepping up.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #3
#Ocho
Rookie

I live near two horrible NFL teams named the 49ers and Raiders. You don't hear the vile garbage from their fans like you do from these Texans "fans" that bash Carr. I'm talking about the Raiders for crying out loud. You simply do not have the Wongers, etc. bashing their guys anywhere close like you so called basher fans do. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Oh, I've even talked to former Raider linebacker Jerry Robinson not too long ago and he told me that I know who really is coaching that team. Al Davis. That's why Gruden left.

Fans like your bashers is reason enough for David and his family to leave Houston.
#Ocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #4
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks Silver Oak...

Being a Carr fan, aka Homer, I really do like it when something positive comes out about him.

Go Texans!!!

One more to finish the year with...2-0!!!
Old 12-25-2006   #5
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

The only thing I gotta say about that Silver Oak is where the heck has the "I got your back" been for two months ? DC's been the judas goat long enough...time to fish or cut bait on him.

I also heard the WCO QB guru said Via Bob Allen's lap dog, Spencer Tillman...He thought Carrs ONLY problem was that he was pressing two much and looking for plays that weren't there. He was forcing the ball too much. Gee I wonder what that is, Walsh ? Could it bee the guy is tired of looking through the ear hole of his helmet at the end of passing plays ?
Old 12-25-2006   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Asylum View Post
Thanks Silver Oak...

Being a Carr fan, aka Homer, I really do like it when something positive comes out about him.
being a Carr fan doesn't make you a homer. It makes you a Carr fan. Spinning all Texans news in a positive light makes one a homer, not being a fan of any one player. Nothing wrong with being a homer though. I'm one too to some extent....Mainly away from here, but I tend to try to 'keep it real' for the most part.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #7
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I was afraid this was going to happen.

Carr didn't even have a good game today, I can't tell you the number of bad passes he threw today. But, we have one game where the rest of the team played good and Carr doesn't make any turnovers and he is all of a sudden sufficient. What about the games when he fumbles the ball four times? What about the interceptions he throws into triple and quadruple coverage? -5 passing yards?

Come on guys.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-25-2006   #8
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
being a Carr fan doesn't make you a homer. It makes you a Carr fan. Spinning all Texans news in a positive light makes one a homer, not being a fan of any one player. Nothing wrong with being a homer though. I'm one too to some extent....Mainly away from here, but I tend to try to 'keep it real' for the most part.

You trying to pick a fight with me Vin???

I play along with the 'homer' title. My biggest problem is I'm a 'defender' of ALL that I care for and hold dear...to a fault. It's what got me in many a fight when I was younger and much more wilder. Got my very first set of stitches at an AC/DC concert for defending a buddy, that needed to have his tail whipped for what he did, but didn't matter to me...he was my friend. Same with the Texans. Defending them has become second nature in most of us. Having someone volunteer good sentiments like this is sure a nice change of pace.
Old 12-25-2006   #9
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Ocho View Post
Fans like your bashers is reason enough for David and his family to leave Houston.

Boo friggin' hoo. That's probably the most ignorant statement I've ever read on this board. Every QB in every town gets criticized. Don't let your love for David Carr get in the way of common sense. And when you decide to pull your head out of your arse go check out the Buffalo message board sometime. We are easy on Carr compared to the treatment that Losman gets over there. And the only reason that Walter and Brooks aren't "bashed" more is because most Raiders fans don't know how to type.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Asylum View Post
You trying to pick a fight with me Vin???

I play along with the 'homer' title. My biggest problem is I'm a 'defender' of ALL that I care for and hold dear...to a fault. It's what got me in many a fight when I was younger and much more wilder. Got my very first set of stitches at an AC/DC concert for defending a buddy, that needed to have his tail whipped for what he did, but didn't matter to me...he was my friend. Same with the Texans. Defending them has become second nature in most of us. Having someone volunteer good sentiments like this is sure a nice change of pace.
I can't see you as a wild guy...I'll take your word for it though. If we beat the Browns we have 6 wins. The homer in me likes the sound of that even though this year has been full of moaning and crying...myself included.

Old 12-25-2006   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEROtheZERO View Post

Carr didn't even have a good game today, I can't tell you the number of bad passes he threw today. But, we have one game where the rest of the team played good and Carr doesn't make any turnovers and he is all of a sudden sufficient. What about the games when he fumbles the ball four times? What about the interceptions he throws into triple and quadruple coverage? -5 passing yards?

Come on guys.
He only had 7 incompletions. I doubt he had some boatload of just awefull stuff.

As far as those games where he was at his worst: duly noted.

For all of you who do not want to know what Carr's passer rating was for Sunday's game and would like to spit at the screen when you see that he has a high passer rating for any game: (tough) 104.0

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #12
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Come on guys.
Wow, just WOW... He RUNS for a 1st down up the middle and made BIG plays when he needed to w/ no INT's & no fumbles, but he still didn't even have a GOOD game?

..Rose-colored glasses are one thing, what color is HATE exactly?

Last edited by disaacks3; 12-25-2006 at 10:39 AM. Reason: misspelling
disaacks3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #13
Texan Asylum
Christian

Quote:
I can't see you as a wild guy...I'll take your word for it though. If we beat the Browns we have 6 wins. The homer in me likes the sound of that even though this year has been full of moaning and crying...myself included.
I like the sound of finishing the year with a 2 game winning streak!

And the wild part? I left that behind a while back.
Old 12-25-2006   #14
trublu
Veteran

Quote:

Come on guys.
That's bull. Carr had a good game; he didn't carry the team on his back, but he made plays when he had to. The funny thing is that when Vince Young has a game like this he's a "hall of famer" to most of this board. Yeah Carr has had bad games but when he plays a good game like he did on Sunday he should get his due that's all. Nobody is saying he should be in the pro-bowl or in the hall of fame, just give him his due. Plus this thread was started because of props that Carr got from his own team-mate, who I think might have more insight than you.
trublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know about Carr throwing a bunch of bad passes, he had 7 incompletions

I recall him throwing 2 balls away as he rolled out of the pocket,

I recall a screen pass that freeney came in really fast and Carr barely got it off and ball was thrown down to the ground(don't know if Carrs arm was hit or what)

I remember one deep pass to a TE that was overthrown and poorly thrown

and I think his first pass was horrible from what people were saying.

other than that, I didn't see what some are seeing
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #16
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

McKinney always says good things about Carr. We've heard this quote from him for 5 years.

I thought the more interesting quote in the article was from McNair. It sounds like he might be changing his stance on sacraficing everything to try and make Carr successful...

"We're going to look at everybody," McNair said. "Were going to do what we need to do to have the strongest possible team. I'm really happy for David. We have another game against Cleveland. We have to get ready for that. And I hope he continues to perform that way."
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I've been getting rid of "redundant argument guy" slowly but surely the last week...just try to ignore some of these guys. Some of them just want attention.

Old 12-25-2006   #18
Texan Asylum
Christian

Quote:
"redundant argument guy"

New title alert!!!
Old 12-25-2006   #19
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I don't know about Carr throwing a bunch of bad passes, he had 7 incompletions

I recall him throwing 2 balls away as he rolled out of the pocket,

I recall a screen pass that freeney came in really fast and Carr barely got it off and ball was thrown down to the ground(don't know if Carrs arm was hit or what)

I remember one deep pass to a TE that was overthrown and poorly thrown

and I think his first pass was horrible from what people were saying.

Off the top of my head there was the pass to Andre, who was wide open, in the first quarter that was thrown severely behind him. A couple plays after that there was the throw to Vonta that was low and behind him that he made an incredible catch on. There were also a couple of deep throws toward the end zone that were badly thrown.

Carr didn't mess up, I give him that, but you can't let a game of just getting by cloud his bad performances. I guess this is moot though, McNair is sticking with Carr and I'll have to live with it.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #20
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Well, on the homer side of this thing, maybe Carr is starting to show more leadership and that is why McKinny is standing up for him.

I think the real question is will Carr improve with more help from Kubiack and a better O-Line. But I guess that is for another thread.
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read