Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-25-2006   #1
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Late Night Texan Mock

Round 1 Leon Hall CB Michigan
Round 2 Ryan Harris OT Notre Dame
Round 3 Rufus Alexander OLB Oklahoma - Ive seen a few mocks were he falls to the third round
Round 4 Stevie Hicks RB Iowa
Round 5 Leonard Peters FS Hawaii - Very underrated
Round 6 Daniel Sepulveda P Baylor
Round 7 Hmmm Im going to sleep now.

I think are Huge Sleepers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Late Night Texan Mock

so you watch one game with peters and declare him to be "very underrated."

peters' ultimate downfall will be his inability to stay healthy for long. and that he doesnt play nearly as fast as his timed speed.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #3
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
Round 3 Rufus Alexander OLB Oklahoma - Ive seen a few mocks were he falls to the third round

Not bad but my thinking is no wmixed with FA. So its hard to do a mock when I want the Texans to sign a couple (k a few) players.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post

peters' ultimate downfall will be his inability to stay healthy for long. and that he doesnt play nearly as fast as his timed speed.
what is his timed speed?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #5
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I actually did read up on him from a few different draft sites and I liked what I read and saw yesterday.

What else do I need to do to say that he is underrated. Sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006   #6
AndreRulz
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to AndreRulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post

stevie hicks is from Iowa State not Iowa, and cant stay healthy or play up to his potential, just an ok RB 5th round pick maybe not 4th.
Old 12-27-2006   #7
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I dunno Kastronostra...hasn't appeared to have effect All Day all that much ?
Old 12-27-2006   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
what is his timed speed?
He's a Glanville guy beerlvoer. Remember Glanville. That puppy comes with the foam on his mouth included. Jerry 's been whipping him up with that rolled up news paper across the nose. I dunno if he can be rehabilated. Will say he is much like the SS propsect form Oregone state. The guy can deffinaetly hit.
Old 12-27-2006   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
I dunno Kastronostra...hasn't appeared to have effect All Day all that much ?
yeah, it has, actually.
Old 12-27-2006   #10
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Well if that's true... I like him a lot better at nine than at four. Wish Micheal Bush would fish or cut bait on the red shirt .
Old 12-27-2006   #11
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yeah, it has, actually.
Dude, All Day will not slide in the draft...first RB taken. If he comes out.

He got injured on a jump into the endzone. Looked like a freak accident to me. Everybody saying he is injury prone. Looks like bad luck to me..injury prone is when you injure like 5 things per season. People get injured in football...its bound to happen...can't say a guy is injury prone because he has had a couple of injuries.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #12
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

this is what i think should be done in the draft.

draft down and get more picks.

1st pick: the best possible DT in the draft, perhaps the guy from LSU. we need a disrupter to lineup next to mario williams. maddox and thomas johnson are serviceable backups, but thats about it. a disruptive DT who can draw double teams will make mario's task easier since the doubles cant always go to him.

2nd pick: best CB available. we are still missing a shutdown corner. demarcus faggins is nothing but a nickel at best. maybe eventually he will develop into a #2, but not now.

3rd pick: QB - kevin kolb?
4th pick - beyond: best available
Old 12-27-2006   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

you're not going to find a DT worthy of a top 6 pick. especially glen dorsey.
Old 12-27-2006   #14
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Dude, All Day will not slide in the draft...first RB taken. If he comes out.

He got injured on a jump into the endzone. Looked like a freak accident to me. Everybody saying he is injury prone. Looks like bad luck to me..injury prone is when you injure like 5 things per season. People get injured in football...its bound to happen...can't say a guy is injury prone because he has had a couple of injuries.
You certain about this are you ? Because...I just saw a crawl daddy yesterday saying, he's weighng his options on coming back and won't decide untill after the bowl game. Which reading between the lines tells me. it's not only a drastic change from Snoops banging his drum.....he's hearing he might drop. Kajana Carter was not nothing. The NFL moss backs remeber it well. There was a reason...Sean Alexander had a bear of a time with the new deal from Seatle befor last years record breaker. No one wants to over pay for RBs.
Old 12-27-2006   #15
DenverBorn
Veteran

I'm not an expert on all of the players but I like the idea of going CB - OT - OLB in the first three rounds.
DenverBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #16
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBorn View Post
I'm not an expert on all of the players but I like the idea of going CB - OT - OLB in the first three rounds.
I like the idea of going FS, CB, LB, DT, OT, OC with the first 3 rounds. lol
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #17
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

We don't have a 5th round pick. Remember Eric Moulds?
Old 12-27-2006   #18
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wrong.

We lost the 5th last year.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006   #19
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Wrong.

We lost the 5th last year.
**** me. This is what I get for three hours of sleep and a day full of work. Absence of brain.

Pardon the interruption.
Old 12-27-2006   #20
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
**** me. This is what I get for three hours of sleep and a day full of work. Absence of brain.

Pardon the interruption.
Same time tomorrow Knuckelhead! LOL

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read